Fast natural fade without the use of sandpaper...

Noddy

Ok you still have to wear your jeans for a considerable amount of time.... until whiskers and honeycombs are formed.

Then while wearing your jeans(preferbly in the half-squat position) when all the whiskers are visible... use a cloth or rag.... dip that into detergent water, rub your whiskers as you would do with a sandpaper... viola! watch how those blue bastards come running off your whiskers.... for the thigh fading effect simply dip the whole rag into the premix detergent water and do a few sweep across your whole thigh with the rag.

Repeat what you done for whiskers for honeycombs.... result is a natural indigo lost....

Dry your jeans and repeat whole process for more fading. No flame please, i tried it, it works. :(

Taadaa!

SSM15229.jpg

Or have you ever considered....wait for it...

Just wearing the fecking jeans and letting them fade naturally?????

How fucking novel! IT COULD WORK!!!!

Noddy

Your method will work well without the detergent. Just water and rubbing with do it. If you want a quick way to get the creases, wear your jeans when they are damp until they dry.

If it makes you fee any better, then your experiments in speeding up the abrasive process has also been discussed before by others, such as the esteemed Paul T.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=21258&highlight=brush#post21258

I don't think that your thoughts about accelerating the natural crocking of indigo deserves any ridicule. I've certainly learnt a lot by such experiments with sandpaper, stones, rags, bleach, detergents, dry cleaning, dyes etc.

It's not any less natural than many of the things other denim fanatics put themselves through, such as starching the honeycombs, sea washes, wearing jeans non-stop for a year despite concerns for cleanliness.

You can bet that many people on here will be rubbing their hands frantically every day on their jeans in order to increase the fading. Whether that is more of less natural than taking a damp rag to your jeans is debatable.

In the end, they are just jeans. And unless they are a pair of rare deadstocks, then, why not?

in the time it would take to go through this entire process....

you could Hactually have lived a portion of your life- gone rock climbing, taken a bike-ride, skateboarded, etc..

perhaps even held a conversation with another human being, or more

and gotten the same amount of wear..

not to mention you wouldn't have exerted all of that energy for nothing...sitting 'indian-style' in your room with soapy buckets surrounding you rubbing your legs like you've overdosed on MDMA

jeez.

Noddy

Your method will work well without the detergent. Just water and rubbing with do it. If you want a quick way to get the creases, wear your jeans when they are damp until they dry.

If it makes you fee any better, then your experiments in speeding up the abrasive process has also been discussed before by others, such as the esteemed Paul T.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=21258&highlight=brush#post21258

I don't think that your thoughts about accelerating the natural crocking of indigo deserves any ridicule. I've certainly learnt a lot by such experiments with sandpaper, stones, rags, bleach, detergents, dry cleaning, dyes etc.

It's not any less natural than many of the things other denim fanatics put themselves through, such as starching the honeycombs, sea washes, wearing jeans non-stop for a year despite concerns for cleanliness.

You can bet that many people on here will be rubbing their hands frantically every day on their jeans in order to increase the fading. Whether that is more of less natural than taking a damp rag to your jeans is debatable.

In the end, they are just jeans. And unless they are a pair of rare deadstocks, then, why not?

i love this dude.

Noddy

the master has spoken