Backpacks

ag229487

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/350025837/pakpak?ref=category

Interesting bag on Kickstarter. Nowhere close to getting funded, but maybe one to keep an eye on if they keep at it and maybe refine the design a bit.

#1 and #2 look like ripoffs of head porter from 2002.

rucksack-sanction-black.jpg

Bought one these for my commuter to work, and it's excellent. Very durable, and super simple. A massive compartment to throw clothes in, and a few smaller ones for spare tubes, tools etc.

It fits absolutely everything you need. Last night, I managed to fit...

work clothes (shoes, jeans, underwear, shirt), washbag, gym stuff (shoes, shorts, t-shirt) and grocery shopping (4 x tinned tomatoes, box of cereal, 2 beers, pasta, salad, yoghurt). 

And that was fairly comfortable to carry. Dope bag.

That Makr backack is so dope

The build quality is great, nice heavy duck canvas and leather of course as expected from Makr.

The zippers are really hefty, kind of difficult to open sometimes but they're loosing up quite a bit.

Not too many inside pockets, but it works well as a basic daypack.

• 3 weeks later...

i got that one last week; haven't used it too much, but it fits a decent amount of stuff.

stuffed it with a towel and about three days worth of clothes, along with my laptop (macbook air) and a small book; it held up nicely, and comfortably.

i think it'd work fine for daily use if you're a student, but for travels, and depending on what you'd be packing, you might want something bigger. for the price though, i think it's a great bag.

edit: took some pics of the bag when it's pretty stuffed, and it's contents.

there was enough room left to pack in some pants or a sweater, and maybe another magazine or book.

bag packed

contents: toiletry bag, two tshirts, sweatpants, heavy flannel shirt, hoodie, magazine, macbook air

ah thanks, looks nice. think i might opt for the rucksack as it seems it would fit a bit more inside for travelling. i do think the zip is more functional for day to day use though hmmmmm

• 1 month later...

that's fucking retarded for the price tag. 

I'm partial to the mountaineering-inspired backpack, now on-sale at ssense.

master-piece navy potential backpack 32401M004003_1_1.jpg

AZdiRib.jpg?1

Y7AqTdf.jpg

i posted it earlier, but this bag is pretty awesome for its functionality. laminated side-zips and waterproof rucksack upper access, multiple pockets and constructed out of Outlast (temp regulating NASA bz sht http://www.technologyreview.com/article/400171/waxing-hot-and-cold/) and Cordura.  Also it looks pretty cool but without edging into nasty backpacker vibes territory.