What are you looking for in Premium Denim Label  

155 members have voted

1. 1. What are you looking for in Premium Denim Label

• Fit/Style
    • Quality of Denim
    • Branding
    • Celebrity Endorsement

Hi there Everyone,

I've been advised to post here by a good friend who said this is the best forum for raising international awareness about a denim label.

I am a UK designer who has started my own Premium Denim label called Invisible Inc. We are stocked in Selfridges and are looking to find stockist/distributors for the US and Japan.

Our label is made of 13.5Oz Japanese Red Selvedge denim made on traditional shuttle looms and supports our Logo the Lotus Flower as this is what my name means in English translated from Sanskrit. We have 3 fits skinny, straight and loose fit which are available in either raw or rinse wash. We are also doing tops in Organic cotton.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could give me some advice on who to contact. Here's a picture of one of our Raw denims in Loose fit.

Thanks for the help, Punky :cool:

Kapha2.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like the pockets, keep them.

people here are boring, they have 27 jeans without any back pocket design and still want more jeans that look almost the same. I like variety. Those are nice, but the pockets seem too small for a loose fit. On the regular fit it would probably perfect.

ps. what would sell on this forum and what would sell in the real world are too different things.

i'm from uk, visit selfrides occasionally and have seen ur jeans on display.

i've seen ur flapless pocket styles.

personally i think u should loose that lotus flower also.

i would consider buying if it was plain pocket. but if u must have a logo on the pocket somewhere, i sed it should be very small and discrete for example a tiny logo sewn on the top corner of a pocket.

i've also seen slimmer styles of ur jeans. shame on the pocket image tho. I hope to see more from ur company tho.

oh yeh and the price.... its a bit much for an upcoming company.

i mean imo i think people would probably more likely to spend their money on a known brand instead of an expensive upcoming brand even if ur jeans are way beyond them in quality. two cents (pennies).

i like the offset back beltloop, but is that a selvage beltloop? if so, it comes off as desperate, gimmicky and has the echo of thai fakes.

normally i love two-tone stitching, but it looks all wrong on those jeans

and the gold print is loud. i dunno.

black banana may be right, maybe i'm boring

the denim looks all right from what i can tell............

nice color

Denim quality and fit are obviously the two most important thing. You do need SOME kind of "branding", though, because if people have to choose between your brand and an already-established label like APC, Sugarcane, PBJ, etc. for a plain selvage jean, you're not gonna win.

So - I like the exposed selvage belt loop. Pocket design COULD be good with tweaking, flaps are doable too.

Hi there, thanks for the feedback... That was only one style here's another in Rinse wash in Skinny fit and it's using Japanese 13.5 Oz Red Selvedge Denim. We use this for all our styles the only draw back is supply is very limited as it's made on the traditional shuttle looms. I know I'm biased but our denim quality is second to none and the price is around the GBP 140-00 mark.

Our denim fits are names after body types taken from Ayurvedic medicine which is a 5'000 year old mind/body medicine used in India.

Please tell me what you think, Cheers :cool:

VataRinse002.jpg

i do like the india connection what with the looooooooooooooooooong history of using indigo dye there and also the whole derivation of "dungaree" from "dungri", but for all that i would want your jeans to have a more timeless feel--------------these seem not to take advantage of that unique history except in passing

Hi there, thanks for the feedback... That was only one style here's another in Rinse wash in Skinny fit and it's using Japanese 13.5 Oz Red Selvedge Denim. We use this for all our styles the only draw back is supply is very limited as it's made on the traditional shuttle looms. I know I'm biased but our denim quality is second to none and the price is around the GBP 140-00 mark.

Our denim fits are names after body types taken from Ayurvedic medicine which is a 5'000 year old mind/body medicine used in India.

Please tell me what you think, Cheers :cool:

VataRinse002.jpg

It just getting better and better I like this Vata, I hope you can Upload more details of your jeans, What color this one?

Goodluck for your journey

I personally still don't think much of the pocket branding on them. At £140, they don't look very inspiring, especially since you could order some fantastic denim from Japan for less.

Can I ask what is going on with the hem? It looks a bit wide. Do you use chainstitching on these? Maybe I'm just imagining things....

Hi Invisible. They all look super nice, I like how the back pocket branding changes for the different cuts...excellent job. Good luck with your venture my man!

those are nice but 280 usd is too much for me, i would get eternals for 225 instead if i had to choose. i also have no clue how the fading is and so everyone else on this forum. if you could put on a new one and one worn-in and faded, you would get more insightful feedbacks imo. im also wondering wuts the leg opening on them vatas?

do not like the choice of the two tone stitching. Better use the dark color on the stitching that is closer to the edge and the lighter tone for other stitch line.

Do not understand why yr denim supply is limited. This shd not be related to the use of shuttle looms. I rather suspect you bought leftover qty?

Supply is limited as the looms used don't produce as much as the modern machines, they are not made from left over fabric but made on Toyota looms from the 1950's & 1960's which aren't manufactured anymore... so you're contrained by the Japanese mills production on those looms... if you see what I mean.....