evilgeniusdan

The Best Steak you've ever had...

tri-tip rolled lightly in brazilian sea salt, shaken, and grilled until medium rare

This arugment pops up all the time in Chowhound boards as well, but in the end it is rather pointless, different standards should apply to different cuts. What is the point of comparing filet (which some will argue shouldn't even be included in the argument) to rib eye?

peter luger's, palm ( all of 'em) , balthazar, smith & wollensky... in NYC just to name a few :-P

kobe beeeef mmmmm

tri-tip rolled lightly in brazilian sea salt, shaken, and grilled until medium rare

tri-tip with brazilian sea salt? i'll have to try that

from what i hear the brazilians love sea salt so their steaks with sea salt is pretty awesome

the best i've had is peter luger's porterhouse (NY, mentioned above), ruth's chris (Irvine, especially the first few bites), and Mastros (Costa Mesa, not steak related but nothing but benz's and aston martins outside in the valet)

Peter Luger's Porterhouse vs. the Matsuzaka steak (aka the King of Wagyu Beef) at Sabatini's in Hong Kong... It's a toss-up...

i've never tried wagyu, but Luger's FTW, all day, every day...

i've heard tales of amazing kobe beef for years. stuff about it being cooked on a hot rock in front of you and it being an almost religious experience. i don't think i've ever had real kobe beef. i know i've never had good kobe beef. damnit.

nobu dallas has great meat. bob's in dallas has great meat.

the original, katrina p0wned, ruth's in new orleans was the best in the chain and the only one worth going to.

i've never had a bad steak at a morton's anywhere.

entrecote...delicious. my mom used to pack me filet mignon cheeseteaks when i was in school..those were good even though you purists will probably say it was a waste and this and all that.

filet mignon cheesteaks for lunch in grade school?! does you dad light cigars with $100 bills?

tri-tip with brazilian sea salt? i'll have to try that

it's delicious. since you shake off the sea salt, the meat doesn't become overly salty, but it brings out the flavor of the meat. tri-tip, imo, is one of the most juicy and flavorful cuts. and since not a lot of people buy it, you can usually get a good deal on it.

filet mignon cheesteaks for lunch in grade school?! does you dad light cigars with $100 bills?

lol that was in middle/hs...no to the cigar question. my mother just really thinks food is important.

I'm a Morton's man, not Ruth's Chris.

They are consistently on point and have impeccable service/ambiance in their restaurants.

The best steaks I usually have, however, are at my pop's ranch. We slaughter one or two steers a year to keep for ourselves....this way, we get the absolute best cuts of meat.

Last weekend we slow-roasted a 30 lb. tenderloin on the spit for a few hours.......mmmm.

i never received an evite.

You're welcome any time. We'll get saddle fades on our de-nime and build a teepee by the river to man-wrestle in.

some restuarant in New York New York Las Vegas

but im happy with jack daniel steak at TGIF though haha

The best steak can be found in Chili and bordering South American countrys that have the worlds best cow meat according to a few Southies I have talked to.

Anyone taste it?

4miso43.jpg

Jim Owens

Circa 2005

In NYC, never been to Lugers but had an excellent steak at Homestead in the Meatpacking district.

In Bangkok, the Matsuzaka at NYC Steakhouse at JW Marriot is hands down the best steak in the city.

actually i have a new favourite. it was the one i had today. new york steak.

from my friends bbq.

I did find it hard to believe that your favorite steak was from a chain steak house. Although I've never been, so I cannot attest to the quality of the steaks.

But your other steak sounds delicious. Especially if it was free.