Cuffing my pants

sunkenshoes

I do always cuff my jeans. It does make my sneakers look better underneath my jeans and otherwise it looks really baggy. I tried sizing down, but then my jeans are just too short.

So I was wondering if it would effect the process of wear on my dry denim? Would I get weird spots/wear or something? If so, how could I make sure I won't get that?

Please see:

SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use me instead of making new threads)

Since we've been getting tons of small, insignificant questions that don't need their own threads, here is a thread where they can all go.

RULES:

1) ...

2) ...

3) ...

4) This is for small/dumb/personal questions.

What the f's up with you, fool.

But just to get this straight; cuffing my jeans wont affect them in a bad way?

Don't cuff your jeans, sand, dirt, and leaves can collect in there and basically destroy your denim. So... don't go there!

Cuff your god damn jeans. If it was good for eddie cochran, link wray, etc. it is good enough for me. All these people talk about getting holes in your cuffs, but they are the same clowns who wear there jeans so tight that the crotch blows out.

your crotch blows out because you sag. i skatebaord and dont blow out any crotches but the girls im with.

ha!

i once heard that cuffing your jeans for too long can make your legs fall off:eek:

i cuff depending on the shoes/clothes i'm wearing,

cuff with lower-soled shoes to avoid drag

uncuff with thicker soled shoes.

i don't think your jeans care too much what you do to them.

it's not rocket science, nor is it worth posting about- oops!

Wait, you sized down but they came out too short?

Most jeans either let you choose the inseam (length) or all models come with a very long one anyway.

I have a feeling that it might happen anyway. I have a pair of ALD Royal's that I soaked, and when dried the folds of the cuff were much stiffer and appear to be wearing, though I don't walk on them or have them on the ground.

maybe try adjusting the cuff a bit?

stiff denim

+ creasing

-- washing for extended periods of time

= 'cuts' i assume?

the cuff is also closest to the ground, so you can imagine the grime buildup would play some role in the weakening of the cotton.

i know what you mean though, it happened to my pbjs (and shows up a bit more due to the indigo x indigo) when i first got them, but stopped after a few soaks--

i assume they had gotten a little softer so there was no creasing, the length also shortened so i dunno