Hair Thread

qom

In fact there are two kinds of vitamins. One group is soluble in water (B#, C, and more) and the second group in oil (E, D, K, A).

If you add oil to your salad, the vitamins can be better-absorbed in comparison to non-oil dressing. The kind of fatty acid does not affect the mechanism in the first place, but unsaturated (omega 3&6) fatty acids are important for some processes in your body. The body can produce fatty acids but only saturated ones. So it's better to replace saturated with unsaturated acids, because of the health benefits.

I've never heard of an impact of sugar on vitamin absorption in the gastro-intestinal tract. But I will check dat.

So basically it doesn't affect vitamin absorption. I never said that it was just as healthy to have saturated fat as unsaturated fat, just that it wouldn't hurt vitamin intake.

got a haircut today

i am happy

how often does that happen for me [not often]

:) hopefully this will be a new start

was about to bring in the photo above of:

tumblr_lkbc9cXb691qh7yn1o1_500.jpg

but instead just asked for 3 on the side and mentioned how I usually style it (comb over to the left side)

worked out fine

no more $10 haircuts, i'll pay the premium...

better cutting tools, cleaner job, better service, takes their time etc.

any more shots of this cut?

@lawler I dig the cut dude

Got a haircut today.

120805000328.jpg

120805000359.jpg

120805000458.jpg

Got the sides taken in and about a half inch off all around. Also got everything edged up. (I go to a hood ass barber cuz my hair is mad curly. Only issue with the place is how they put waves in my hair :unsure: )

Next time I get it cut I might get somewhat of a bowl cut. I know it sounds weird, but I used to get it when I was a lil kid and it always looked good.

Edited by kelleydenham

yo lolcopter you need to get different eye glasses. change the frames for something more round and has more depth instead of wide.

yeah i usually dont wear glasses just when im chillin or whatever so its all good, but it's on my list of things to buy

James-Darmody-HBO-Boardwalk-Empire-Season-3.jpg

mad late pass but gonna give it a go

what products specifically do you recommend for slickbacks?

right now i've just been buzzing my sides and back to grow out the top (at 2 inches right now...got a long way to go) and using enjoy dry wax to fux with it for now...

This may sound weird, but I put some olive oil in my hair and let it sit for like an hour before washing it out and my hair definitely feels more manageable and moisturized. Usually its tough to work with (thick and sometimes dry). Putting olive oil in your hair is kind of weird though.

Kelley -

Take those sides, and taper them way down. Let the top go a bit more, then start training it to push to a side. Def fade the sides into the sideburn, and the sideburn into the face. With curly hair you run the risk of the sides growing outward and going buck, and you def don't wanna go that route. Remember, build up, not out.

not weird, olive oil is a great moisturizer. when you put it in your hair your just deep conditioning it. i heat it up, put on slightly damp hair, then wash out. (dont do overdo it though)

Yeah, well definitely worth it. Might try a legit leave in conditioner. Seems like there are a lot of products that use olive oil as a base, and work for du's with thick/dry hair. Anyone have any recs for a good leave in conditioner?

anybody know what product i could use to achieve something like this? i tried purple gatsby and its too strong/thick and am crew fiber sucks i think

anybody know what product i could use to achieve something like this? i tried purple gatsby and its too strong/thick and am crew fiber sucks i think

Hair spray + stiff wax + some heat/blow drying = win.

Hey, thanks for the tips okayokay! I've thought about getting a side part, but wasn't sure if I should train my hair first. Also not sure what kind of pomade to use.

Hair has grown out a bit since I posted the cut (excuse the quality, I took it while at work)

imag0294z.jpg

1 tablespoon baking soda per cup of water (im pretty sure thats the ratio) then pour it over your scalp and rub it in. let it sit for a couple of minutes, until it really tingles, then rinse. do it 1-3 times per week depending on how often you need to.

Edited by e0d9n0b5