Dubbleworks Denim Contest

cheep

which one do you want on the final contest jeans?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. which one do you want on the final contest jeans?

• patch 1
    • patch 2
    • patch 3
    • patch 4

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad that these ar so slim in the thighs, otherwise I would absolutely be a part of the competition. I would change my lifestyle totally just to maximise my wear on the jeans. This denim for this price is awesome.

Slim? These are a pretty regular cut if you get them true to size, in my opinion. Not to mention that those one-wash measurements will probably not reflect the actual raw shrinkage, they'll probably shrink a little less, so you can probably take off .25 or maybe a little more off the thighs.

Ordered! how did everyone size this? I went down 1, tried on my real size on saturday and they were a bit to large.

I went down one size as well, from a 32 to a 31. My biggest concern when sizing down on jeans is the thigh measurement--I hate jeans that are snug on my tighs and constrict full movement. But when going from a 32 to a 31 it's only .25" smaller in the thigh, so that was no biggy to me.

Slim? These are a pretty regular cut if you get them true to size, in my opinion. Not to mention that those one-wash measurements will probably not reflect the actual raw shrinkage, they'll probably shrink a little less, so you can probably take off .25 or maybe a little more off the thighs.

13 in thighs is skin-tight on me, but I need a 33-34 waist. Impossible with this model. I would need a 36 in this model, but that's a 38 waist.

^40 oz thats why I ordered the 32's I knew that I could have gotten the 31's but wanted jeans that were going to be comfortable all year long including in the summer, that means they had to have a little room in the thighs so now my only question is what belt.

Ordered! how did everyone size this? I went down 1, tried on my real size on saturday and they were a bit to large.

I sized-down 1 from 32 to 31. I measured my Eternal 811s, which are a 32 but which measured very close to the Dubbleworks 30s, and then split the difference and went with a 31. I didn't want another pair quite so tight in the upper thigh as the Eternals.

I'm still debating what size to get as well. Difficult.

Also, does anyone know how much these are expected to shrink in the inseam?

And what about the stretching properties - Could I easily get an extra inch out of the waistband if I wore them while wet?

I apologize for the noob questions.

The posted measurements should be after the max amount of shrinking.

however, cheep stated the following in an earlier thread...

"those are one washed measurements... after a few washes they may lose 1/2" in the waist and length, and 1/4" everywhere else."

so they may shrink a tad smaller than the chart.

Any chance I can come into BiG to try these bitches on?

yeah gordon's got a pair in 32 that I tried on i don't know if he has other sizes just call and ask before making the trip. he has the one wash pair.

Just to put everyone on fair notice: I plan on winning this competition. I will wake up in the morning, every day and put on my denims. Then I will run for 8 hours. Then I will perform various strenuous stretching exercises accentuating my crotch and butt areas for six hours. Then I will swim like a dolphin in the world's various oceans for six hours. Then I will have a snack of hard boiled eggs and tuna fish. Then I ride fixed gear bicycles or skateboards, depending on my mood, for another eight hours. Then I will freestyle for several hours, in order that my jeans show off my well-rounded lifestyle, that is, how authentically self-realized I am as a youth culture participant. After this, I will rest, briefly, while still wearing my denims. Then I will wake up and run for another eight hours. The cycle of life repeats while my denims (slim-fitting) become exceedingly authentically worn in. Also, I plan on eating many snowballs while wearing my denims. I will win.

13 in thighs is skin-tight on me, but I need a 33-34 waist. Impossible with this model. I would need a 36 in this model, but that's a 38 waist.

I'm in the same boat as meader. My PBJ's are skin tight at 12.5 thigh. I could buy a 34, but then the waist would be 2 in too big... Decisions... Get back to me in 11 days. :(

I'm in the same boat as meader. My PBJ's are skin tight at 12.5 thigh. I could buy a 34, but then the waist would be 2 in too big... Decisions... Get back to me in 11 days. :(

Are you guys bodybuilders or do you just have big thighs? It's an honest question. I'm a 32 true waist and 12" thighs are perfect for me, probably what you guys would consider a regular (not too slim) fit.

Remember, the measurements posted are post-wash and dry. That means, the jeans have shrunk down to that size. Therefore, in their raw state, the jeans should be roomier all around. And those measurements don't account for stretch either.

Anyone know if the denim on these jeans stretches a lot? I think that would answer a whole bunch of questions.

Are you guys bodybuilders or do you just have big thighs? It's an honest question. I'm a 32 true waist and 12" thighs are perfect for me, probably what you guys would consider a regular (not too slim) fit.
Remember, the measurements posted are post-wash and dry. That means, the jeans have shrunk down to that size. Therefore, in their raw state, the jeans should be roomier all around. And those measurements don't account for stretch either.

Anyone know if the denim on these jeans stretches a lot? I think that would answer a whole bunch of questions.

I used to powerlift at amateur level. My thighs were about 29in mid-thigh with a 36 waist. Now since I've stopped (5 years ago), I'm 24in mid-thigh with a 33-34in waist. I don't bodybuild anymore, and the only leg exercises I do is a 2 mile run 3 times a week (just to keep my weight stable, otherwise I'll have to sell my collection of jeans). I still have trouble finding jeans to fit my thighs properly. BiG tends to take their thigh measurements from the groin. SE takes them 1 inch down. That inch makes a big difference (and I've ordered jeans from both). And I always hot soak raw jeans. I just have to. Don't wear raw, don't like the feeling. (I don't like distressed either) Have to shrink and get all the starch out. My PBJ XX-007 one wash W33 have the same measurements as the W34 660, but the waist is 2.5 in too big. And my PBJ's the thighs were skintight. I had the same problem with the sexihos. Legs too tight on a 34, waist too large on a 36. (ended up getting the 36 and I wear a belt). From what I've read, Warehouse doesn't tend to stretch much, but then the 1000XX is a more regular fit than the 660 so it might have had to stretch under normal conditions. Still deciding. Most likely going to go with a 34, but we'll see...

**Apocalpse later = I consider regular fit to be a 13in leg. Skin tight would be 12.5 (BiG) or 12.2 (SE).

my pbjs xx-005 arent skin tight @ the thighs... but still pretty tight though... i sat in the tub for about 15 mins after hot soaking for about an hr to make sure they didnt shrink too much...

even though the measurements say 12, 660 one wash @ BiG seems looser...

I have been lifting weights for about a year now and that have absolutely made my thighs grow.

okay guys, so i went to blue in green tonight and tried on the distressed 660 in size 30. was really loose on me all around. i'm going for a size 28 raw, calculating the fact that i also don't intend to wash too often.

for reference, i wear eternal 811 in a 30 and full count 1108 in a 29.

5'7 135lbs and with a quick measurement it looks like i'm a 31 waist.

You and me are pretty much the same measurements -- did the 28 fit like cheep's 28, or closer to the 30 or something totally different?

edit: also, do you have an apc ns size?

5'7 135lbs and with a quick measurement it looks like i'm a 31 waist.

Chicken, we could probably be body doubles since we have the exact same height, weight, and waist measurements. I went with a 29 instead of a 28, though. The measurements for the one wash in 29 were almost identical to my SDA 103's in size 30. Hopefully the 29s won't be too loose..