Dubbleworks Denim Contest

cheep

which one do you want on the final contest jeans?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. which one do you want on the final contest jeans?

• patch 1
    • patch 2
    • patch 3
    • patch 4

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will I am brings up a good point how is the fact of peopl not prematurely wearing them going to be solved in order for it to be fair? I think Gordon should just store them and then ship out a week before the whole shabang starts? no?

I talked about this with WildStyle we both agreed that besides the honor code there is no way to be sure. I know that I could easily photoshop a different paper into a picture like that and post it up w/ no problem. You'd just have to take the picture in the same fashion as the first and overlay it. whalah! fakeness at its best. I'm not saying I would do this because I don't really want to get started on these right away but I'm sure that someone out there would.

maybe Im wrong too. I'm just sayin, it can be done and with 200 people and counting the competiotion could be a little rough for some.

I agree with waiting for the Samurai contest to hold all its glory as well.

Gordon does have a ton of storage space in the cellar, its not as if it would be all that difficult to hold on to them. I was just putting an option out there.

trust me I'm in no rush I have waaay to many jeans I'm trying to work on that will all have to be abandonded once this thing starts.

trust me I'm in no rush I have waaay to many jeans I'm trying to work on that will all have to be abandonded once this thing starts.

oh i'm in a rush.

i was planning on smoothly transitioning from my APCs (which will have formed a crotch hole by then) into the contest jeans haha.

maybe i can use this as an excuse to finally buy eternals from BiG. :rolleyes:

just my two cents- if november was the month we could start

thanksgiving break would be nice

cause it would give those in college, cough me, a chance to do a proper bathtub soak.

as we debate about the starting date and the exact science of how to make everybody start around the same time, maybe something to keep in mind is that a difference of a week or so of wear is not going to be anything significant. in terms of wearing jeans for a year, imo.

in other words, it doesn't make sense to me to create more work for guys at blue in green just so that someone can't start wearing their jeans three days early or something. they've been doing a lot for us already.

the samurai contest method of photographing the denim with newspaper seems good enough. if anybody wants to photoshop the date, they'll probably photoshop a bunch of other things too.

The Samurai contest had a obligatory pic of the jeans soaking with a newspaper of the day they would start in the pic.

That worked well.

this would be fine, and it worked for us, 30, but you guys have 200. even if not all 200 decide to "compete", no one is going to keep track of let's say 100. This is a huge contest. Any websites or anything for this?

if anybody wants to photoshop the date, they'll probably photoshop a bunch of other things too.

you speak the truth.

and I wasn't starting a debate just happened to be thinking about it recently thats all.