Dubbleworks Denim Contest

cheep

which one do you want on the final contest jeans?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. which one do you want on the final contest jeans?

• patch 1
    • patch 2
    • patch 3
    • patch 4

i think maybe after you take pics with a newspaper you are like verifiied or something.

so you show your pics with the newspaper and you are cleared. i know there are people that bought these jeans just cause its a good deal and dont plan to compete.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This may have been posted already, but what kind of leather is it? Deer skin, cow, cat, dog?

maybe i can use this as an excuse to finally buy eternals from BiG. :rolleyes:

haha yeah. Personally, since I'm not in the Samurai contest, I wish it could start like, the same week we get it T_T. It's gonna be so tempting.

And that patch is so awesome. Can't wait to have it on me.

what makes you think people DON'T use dog?

This is very true. Cats and dogs are abducted and sold in the fur industry and used for leather. Products made with cat and dog parts are mislabeled or not labeled at all. It can be hard to know what you're getting.

This leads to a larger issue that we don't really talk about here on superfuture, which is the exploitation of animals inherent in the leather patches we love so much. With all of the talk about repro companies changing their lines in response to the Levi's lawsuit, I wonder if the traditional leather patch will be removed or replaced with a vegan alternative. I don't think it will, but I personally would be willing to give up my leather patch if I had the choice.

It's hard to buy clothes that someone or something wasn't exploited to make.

vegan patches? like a slice of potato or banana skin or something? I don't think it would stand up to much washing....

In all seriousness though. I don't think you could ever hope for that from Japanese repro companies. Vegetarians and vegans would not do well in Japan. Although there are plenty of vegetable dishes, the concept is pretty alien, as are animal rights to most Japanese people.

They might do you a Dolphin skin special edition though.....

I think a heavy canvas patch could look nice. Maybe not, though. And it certainly won't look or wear like leather.

I understand that the animal rights movement is in a different place in Japan, so I'm not expecting it or even asking it from them. My APCs don't have any patch, which I like, but I assume is just to make them cheaper.

The denim for the winner's pair of natural indigo jeans ..

Gordon got a sample..

Below are pictures of the fabric swatch we received from Warehouse of the natural

indigo denim that is to be used for the jean that will be cut and sewn for the winner

of this year long event. I've tried my best with these photo's to do the material justice

but in person the texture and color are very striking and unique with a real vintage

feel. The indigo yarns are hand dyed by an indigo master from the famous

Tokushima prefecture and considered by Japan to be a national living treasure. It's

been eight years since Warehouse has produced a pair of jeans from this material

and we think it makes it that much more special. Notice in the third and last photo

that the indigo has penetrated the cores of the cotton threads, a sign of numerous

dips into the indigo vats combined with the ringing pressure applied by hand.

660_nat_sm_web.jpg

660_warp_sm_web.jpg