The Most Stylish Movies Ever

broneck

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Thread derail!!! Is this any good? I might watch it but I'm rather cautious about movies that reek of orientalism.

Yeah... I usually don't turn on my "orientalism" spidersense on things that're made by other asians or are made in said country... the only things that really tick me off are shit like "geisha" or "last samurai" and even those are movies well recieved by general public... meh

Plus I will watch any movie where Tony Leung is doing his regular mack-daddy-asian-man thang.

Yeah... I usually don't turn on my "orientalism" spidersense on things that're made by other asians or are made in said country... the only things that really tick me off are shit like "geisha" or "last samurai" and even those are movies well recieved by general public... meh

Plus I will watch any movie where Tony Leung is doing his regular mack-daddy-asian-man thang.

it's funny cause tonny leung used to be kinda ugs.

Oh and as for really-really-fashion-related DVD's here are some reccomendations:

Unzipped:

Mizrahi in his most tired, sincere, and well... candid portrayal on media. I like this better than his show. Focuses on an artisan's process than on fashion as a whole.

http://www.amazon.com/Unzipped-Amber-Valletta/dp/B0000DZ3E1/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1196294913&sr=1-1

Seamless:

Great stuff, interviews of Doo-Ri and Alexander P. of Cloak sold it for me. Another look into how unglamerous it is to be a fashion designer, especially if you're up-and-coming.

http://www.amazon.com/Unzipped-Amber-Valletta/dp/B0000DZ3E1/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1196294913&sr=1-1

Yves Saint Laurent:

Got it as a gift... haven't seen it yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Yves-Saint-Laurent-Avenue-Marceau/dp/B0006SSO36

Notebook on Cities and Clothes:

Yohji... need I say more? I probably could if I actually watched it. Anyone seen this yet?

http://www.amazon.com/Notebook-Cities-Clothes-Yohji-Yamamoto/dp/B00006LPC7/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1196295159&sr=1-12

I wish I knew of more... I know there're a few A&E biography specials about versache and all that but I really wish each fashion house would have a special DVD made every other year... or for each anniversary. I guess I've gotta read their books waaah.

I think in 'Lust, Caution' Tonny Leung's hair makes him more evil and even more ugly but the result is outstanding. His acting is so top notch that it's even hard to see that he's wearing. Even when he took of his jacket he looked fantastic.

his ugly peak was at it's summit in hardboiled.

I agree but i think he's still very comfortable in the ugly end of the scale. Great actor, nonetheless. To be honest for me he has to be one of the best if not the best.

he is a great actor. i don't really think that alot of his roles would be 2 challenging for any other professional though....maybe it's just his aura/vibes that attract alota fans...i dunno

Oh and I just saw YET another stylish distopian alternate future/world movie:

54angelswings1pj1.jpg

and another:

1454030536e812e53538onk3.jpg

... there's just something about ralph fienness... even in harry potter he looked rather well tailored.

he is a great actor. i don't really think that alot of his roles would be 2 challenging for any other professional though....maybe it's just his aura/vibes that attract alota fans...i dunno

I don't think he has that many fans that are not asian. Many people don't know him. I think in movies like 'In the Mood for Love' and 'Lust, Caution' I appreciated his under-acting more and they way he interacts with other characters. (no homo)

Six String Samurai... I'm trying to get back to a more dancy pants loose high waist thing for a suit.

fcstil1032pd8.jpg

7txycxxo3ogi3.jpg

Can't help but love these glasses:

32564363430x352vo1.jpg