The Most Stylish Movies Ever

broneck

I think this one's fairly self explainatory, but a little disambiguiation just in case. This isn't favourite movies, or celebrities that dress the best. This is for the movies that showcased style on screen, even when the actors themselves look like complete shlubs in day to day life.

Heroin chic

trainspotting_vi8da.jpg

Obviously

Michael_Caine_Photograph_C12147958e19.jpeg

Almost completely responsible for the revival of a once (and again) ubiquitous brand

rt1_1024d48.jpg

brings back the power suit

americanstort5ee.jpg

there's many, but these are just a few of my favourites

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gay.

Hard Candy- lame movie, but the cinematography in it is just astounding.

Buffalo 66- Vince's boots are fantastic.

9 songs.

2046- war did a really great job with it- the costume design is really really good

Tajja- tajja.jpg

twentyninepalms, irreversible, brown bunny...

yeah.

quadraphenia maybe? either way, mod style at its finest

Quadrophenia, you muppets!

Also, I'd seriously question your choice of Trainspotting as looking purely stylish, it's pretty clear you're American. It's a perfect representation of early 90s British ned (non-educated delinquent) style right down to the faux-leather jackets, but I don't think anyone in their right mind will ever be wearing that in the retro manner of nu-rave or mod.

Also, I'd seriously question your choice of Trainspotting as looking purely stylish, it's pretty clear you're American. It's a perfect representation of early 90s British ned (non-educated delinquent) style right down to the faux-leather jackets, but I don't think anyone in their right mind will ever be wearing that in the retro manner of nu-rave or mod.

yeh but they're in scotland innit

Ocean's 11 - a very underrated film imho (not helped by the crap sequels)

i love the line at the end..

Danny: Thirteen million and you drive this piece of shit cross country to pick me up?

Rusty: Blew it all on the suit.

Wow, I cant wait to watch it again.... its at my parents house since I posted it to the wrong address from amazon, im allways doing that.

Recently ive bought and watched

The Brown Bunny, Gallow...... much better than I thought actually really good road movie I thought, excellent even except I felt the explicit nature of the end scene was uneeded and kinda took away from the tender nature of the film.

A Snake in June, Tsukamoto, .... errrrr, not sure what to think, thought it was nonsense to be honest.

Kikujiro

Dolls ( yamamoto di the costumes - wow cosign on someone recomending me some films like this! )

Hana Bi

Im quite into Kitano at the mo, his films have such dark forms of humour but they also some of the most heartwarming and touching and downright sentimental and soppy...... great!

The Tenant

Rosemaries Baby

Getting into Polanski too, so claustrophobic, so tense..... great!

The image of Gallo's fat, hard, throbbing cock in Sevigny's sexy, warm, wet loving mouth will for ever be etched into my mind.

That scene is a fine example of why I am Gallos biggest fan; Music, film, art, fashion, life- the guy has got it all.

And the film was not ment to be "tender", it was depressing and brutal.

canadian thanks.

plus i dont think there's anything wrong with it, everything's slim and tapered, and a little shorter than usual, lending to many current styles