The Flat Head 3001 World Tour

PG2G

i have no idea really what this is, but my guess is that it's taking a pair of jeans and exchanging them between wearers around the world? yes? my guess is that all the wearers wear the same size and have pretty much similar body frames?

i'd like to get in on this, if possible. i'm going to indonesia for a month and 9 days starting june 17th, and i'll be going around java, west sumatra, bali, and i'll be spending a week in singapore.

Just got to work but my boss isn't here...

I'll take some measurements tonight. I wonder how long the Self Edge business card will last in the back pocket? My guess is two months max. The blog also looks good. Just put my first post in there.

Time to work...

Great looking jeans... Some measurements would be great Captain to see how these evolve over time.

Maybe the business card can be pasted into the log book? It'll be less than a pulp if it stays in the pocket by the time we get through this jeans...

BTW - if anyone would like to see changes to the signature banner let me know - I just noticed that the 34 group was using them and thought it might be nice. I used one of Captain's shots of the denim for the background. I was trying to figure out a good way to add 32 on there but nothing I did looked right to me. Also, I made it so it fit exactly across the regular SuFu message area width - does it look too big? Thoughts?

I think the banner looks good. No changes needed in my opinion.

I'll have some pics of the fit and the measurements up as soon as I can. What do you guys want to do with the card? I have it in the left back pocket right now. Should I leave it or try and save it?

Once both the jeans, photos, and notes come back to Self Edge i'm planning on throwing a proper party at the store and doing a showing of the jeans and accompanying elements.

Any of the out of state/country people involved in this World Tour that wore the jeans for thirty days can come to San Francisco for the weekend of the party and we'll take care of your accomodations at one of SF's best rock star hotels.

Once both the jeans, photos, and notes come back to Self Edge i'm planning on throwing a proper party at the store and doing a showing of the jeans and accompanying elements.

Any of the out of state/country people involved in this World Tour that wore the jeans for thirty days can come to San Francisco for the weekend of the party and we'll take care of your accomodations at one of SF's best rock star hotels.

That sounds great Kiya! I would love to visit San Francisco for a weekend. Do you have any plans for the jeans after the party? Maybe as the grand prize giveaway at the end of the party weekend <fingerscrossed>?

I think, if they come out cool looking, itd be nice to stick them in some glass and use them as decoration in the store :P

That sounds like a great idea. Or if they end up being really nice, maybe they could be auctioned off for a good cause.

Must... save... money.. for... trip...;-)

Would be great if I could make it. Last time I was in San Francisco was about 7 odd years ago. Totally love the place.

Great banner Ordo. Proudly using it already. Maybe we could add links to the other groups' blog in our blog?

R-really? Wow, people I associate with on the internet have a saying for such things and it goes:

damnxe9.gif

So, while I probably can't make it, I'll do my damndest to try. Props, Kiya.

i'd like to get in on this, if possible. i'm going to indonesia for a month and 9 days starting june 17th, and i'll be going around java, west sumatra, bali, and i'll be spending a week in singapore.

Sorry for the late response. For some reason that I can't say I remember (probably just a carry over from the other groups) an limit of 13 people were chosen. All of the spots have already been taken, but I'll add you to the reserves so you can hop in in the case that someone bails or falls out of contact or whatever.

Damn Kiya, that sounds awesome. Either way Im going to try my best to get there, but if you're helping with accomodations I don't think there's an excuse to not be there.

Here's some measurements.

Thigh: 11 7/8"

Knee: 8 1/2"

Opening: 8 1/2"

Inseam:37"

Waist: 16 3/4" (across back)

Let me know if you want any others.

Jeans are still pretty stiff. Haven't gotten much solid wear yet. I've been wearing them for work and around doing the daily stuff, but I have a mainly desk job so they don't get much wear during the day. It's been raining pretty solid for the last few days so I haven't been able to take a ride in them yet. Hopefully this weekend...

captain, do you think you could post some fit pics?

Hey, sorry about no fit pics yet. I've been super busy with work and helping my buddy move into a new house. I'll have them up this weekend.

Here's some pictures of the fit. As of right now I'm pretty up in the air on these. I like the fit below the knee, but the thighs are really tight. Please give me your critiques on the fit. Personally I feel it's not a good fit because of the fit on the thighs, but let me know what you think. Sorry for the shitty pictures. The pictures were taken quickly last night. Ignore the outift too, I was lounging around the house and was a little out of my mind...

FlatHeadsFit001.jpg

FlatHeadsFit002.jpg

FlatHeadsFit003.jpg

I'll post some pics later of the fit of my 47' 501's to compare.