The Flat Head 3001 World Tour

PG2G

last night went to eat dinner at california's classic In-n-Out Burger. i usually dont eat fast food but once in a while its okay, cuz when you dont eat it for a long time, you forget how good it is

oh yeah, before we left to go eat, we had this for appetizer

what we ordered:

2799061362_44a854cfd1.jpg

the animal style fries (fries topped with cheese, sauteed onions, and thousand island) was pretty good.

2799061404_30a320d529.jpg

double double, so good... a tiny bit of sauce dripped onto the flatheads but i wiped it off. later on i was reading the flathead journal, and i saw that mrip also wore these to in-n-out once and dripped sauce onto the jeans. what does a vegetarian get at in-n-out?

a vegetarian gets a grilled cheese at In-in-out. You should try it with hot chilies.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any update on these? I'm just feeling nostalgic for a year ago when I was wearing these.

I vote we send these back around for another year, the last pics posted shows these things have lots of life left in 'em. I will also try to take better pics, but won't ever be able to top Ordo.

• 2 months later...

March 31-April 10, 2009

Return of the Flatheads:

work12551.jpg

Wondering what had happened to them since my month with the Flathead 3001a in Thailand, I contacted Fallen Angels. He sent me out the jeans, well worn and full of signatures from their trip around the globe. I found out that the students at my work were planning some sort of protest revolution, threatening to shut down the entire school. Briefly excited, I came to work early, anticipating getting sweet fades fighting off trust-fund protesters. The result:

66121.jpg

I waited all day, hoping someone would show, but other than a squad of security guards and police, nothing. Some kids might have shown up to perform a play as I was leaving, but that was it. Disappointed, I wandered home to drink heavily. Days passed, punctuated by....well, nothing. Should I go look at buildings? Take a cue from the Ordo and document the novelties of New York? And didn't he already do that himself? Well, the weekend came, friends bailed from drunken misadventures and photo ops, I wandered off to eat terrible brunch:

s041.jpg

More time passed, I wandered off to JFK to pick up some in-laws at 6 in the morning:

jfk1.jpg

I'm hoping this is my key into a more robust Flathead 3001 Month. In Thailand, I forgot to take pictures, but now, I'm stuck with my Fobby Thai sisters-in-law for a week-I'm thinking they're all about the gratuitous sight-seeing, so maybe some photo ops will ensue.

Also: Students stormed the school today, occupied a mostly empty building, and got arrested 3 hours later, depriving me once again of the satisfaction of forcing my way through.

5651l.jpg

Note the dudes on the roof in the far background.

April 10-16, 2009

Well, sad to report, despite my in-laws best efforts to go do tourist crap, the week's been mundane at best. They headed out towards the Statue of Liberty, but stopped to take pictures of sculptures before I convinced them that the ferry to Liberty Island would suck.

img0435.jpg

So instead we hopped on the subway, during which I unsuccessfully attempted to commandeer a subway car, slightly alarming some tourists.

img0451i.jpg

Ended up at Central Park, and wandered around while my in-laws took endless photos of trees and shit.

img0475.jpg

img0458n.jpg

A few random other trips around the city took place...

img0426.jpg

And that was about all. Mostly just work in the office....sorry!

sorry.jpg

Dude, keep it going... no reason to stop this thing after a year.

• 2 months later...

Well, after a lazy hiatus, and way more pictures of myself than I'm usually comfortable with, these jeans have been in storage for longer than I intended. I had a big, bad-ass final showing planned where I went to see Black Dynamite at the Tribeca film festival, and lots of drunken shenanigans, but I uh.....forgot my camera. That being said, are there any members of the Tour, or reliable SuFuers who want to try and keep this going for a few more months? Word. I'm ready to send these back out.

Man, I would've been down to take them for a few months, if only it wasnt the middle of summer. i'll be going to Asia next month (for more school development stuff) and then to an island between Washington state and Canada in August to catch a bunch of fish and crabs, but wearing those Flathead's probably wouldnt be the wisest choice of pants for these occasions.

• 4 weeks later...