denim contest: dubbleworks 660 interst check

cheep

which do you want?  

334 members have voted

1. 1. which do you want?

• yes, 34 inseam
    • yes, 36 inseam

Rep for Gordon as well ...he was very patienty and helpful with some of my requests - only talked to him via email - but I'd most certainly love to meet him in person...

It's just a pleasure to see somebody who cares deeply enough about denim - and puts business in the second row..

One more time - I am really glad that it all worked out this way - thanks Mr. Cheep - and misterious Gordon...

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jeffvyain

such great news to come back to superfuture to. 36 inseam legs. custom pockets would be nice, but i care MUCH more about fit than i do about some stitching. I'm still in for at least one pair. Thanks to Cheep, once again. how he has almost a thousand posts already, i'll never understand. i will never be your super-equal

Rep for Gordon as well ...he was very patienty and helpful with some of my requests - only talked to him via email - but I'd most certainly love to meet him in person...

It's just a pleasure to see somebody who cares deeply enough about denim - and puts business in the second row..

One more time - I am really glad that it all worked out this way - thanks Mr. Cheep - and misterious Gordon...

he really isn't that mysterious. Everytime I need something, i email him, and he usually calls me back on the phone pretty quickly (he's got one of those blackberries i think) and everytime i'm in the store he still knows who i am and even if i don't buy anything (haven't bought anything there in a few months) i still make a point to drop by just to see how things are (awesome, as last time they're bringing in more Japanese clothes, not just jeans) and/or just shoot the shit about denim, which he is far more knowledgable than I am. We should throw a party for Gordon, now that i think about it

he really isn't that mysterious. Everytime I need something, i email him, and he usually calls me back on the phone pretty quickly (he's got one of those blackberries i think) and everytime i'm in the store he still knows who i am and even if i don't buy anything (haven't bought anything there in a few months) i still make a point to drop by just to see how things are (awesome, as last time they're bringing in more Japanese clothes, not just jeans) and/or just shoot the shit about denim, which he is far more knowledgable than I am. We should throw a party for Gordon, now that i think about it

this is extremely true he always remembers a face wether you bought one pair of denim or twenty pair he treats you just the same, He's an extremely knowledgeble person who actually does something he loves for just that, not for making cash.

I'm still in for this. I just have to hope that I can convince my father to let me get involved in this. Thank god that there's an option for a 34 inseam or am I wrong?
is wearing jeans for long periods of time something your father looks down upon? D:

and from what i got from cheap's post about 10$ extra for 36 inches, then there should be an option to go for 34.

i'm probably more suitable for a 34 inseam, but i might just take the 36 incase i need some patching to be done.

^^ I could be wrong, but from what I understood from cheep's post is that there will only be one version, the 36L instead of the standard 34L that warehouse usually churns out, and that the final price will be 10 bucks more than originally estimated b/c of it.

I too, would probably be more suited for a 34L, since the 36L will be 36 post wash, meaning probably 37-ish" raw stock. But if getting them hemmed a few inches doesn't not effect the fit/silhouette of the cut too much, it'd wouldn't be bad to have a few inches in reserve for patching and what not, esp. since BIG has chain-stitching available for hem jobs.

I am another "in".

"34"" is after the one-wash, correct?

Read the thread man:

ok... we will be able to have a 36" post shrink inseam... bad japanese translation... sorry for the confusion. warehouse has never sold jeans that long... so this is a first.

heres what we have confirmed so far.

*660 cut

*1000xx denim

*Original leather patch

*Warehouse hardware

*Raw unwashed state

*36" post wash inseam

fit pics and measurements should happen next week.

yo wil_i_am, I've been debating the same thing. I'm 5'9". My apc new standards measure about a 35 inseam post wash, so i'm considering going for the 36 since I cuff. I'd hate to go for the 34 and not be able to stack a little.

all these lurkers suddenly post :)

isnt that kind of what this is all about though? Forum projects are a fun way to get everyone in on the same thing. I'm presonally pretty excited to get in on this, since I followed the Sammy contest and can't do the 'around-the-world' projects

johnny red hit it on the head. well for me at least. I've lurked for at least a year and never got around to becoming a member being that i wasn't as knowledgable as most of the current members are. the dubbleworks contest is a good way for me to become part of something which i've wanted for a year. I was always envious of the participants in the sammy contest. anyways that's my heartfelt story. take it or leave it.

-supposedly it does not crock. no blue hands.

Is this even possible? I don't even know, but I get goose pimples just thinking about it. No indigo staining on the shoes and wallet.

isnt that kind of what this is all about though? Forum projects are a fun way to get everyone in on the same thing. I'm presonally pretty excited to get in on this, since I followed the Sammy contest and can't do the 'around-the-world' projects

yes, i think it's a very nice turnout :)

ok... i think there will be an option for 34 or 36 after shrink... with the 36 being 10$ extra.

You my friend are a sufu hero, I'm so excited I can get in on this! Gordon also for this project, put me in the definate column then, 36 L.