World-wide denim project

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So - here's what happened..

One guy took them on a trip..they got lost - but eventually turned up again ! LUCKY ?

I don't think so.

Anyways, the missing luggage was stolen by an airport employee - the Jeans however did not fit him.

In frustration - he started cutting them up - was disturbed by airport police, and arrested.

This is how the Jeans looked ..

MVC-112-StGermainJeansFront.JPG

After that littled detour everything went smoothly for a while.

Thus the missing update.

Untill the "Jeans keepers" girlfriend decided to try them on.

The girlfriend , who's name shall remain a secret , was attacked by a wolf while being in the woods - mushrooming...It also remains unknown how she's doing right now - but anyways - now the Jeans look like this

throw_out_that_old_pair_of_jeans.jpg

The last funny story - now the current participent does not have a camera.

But - his Mom does.

So he was smart enough to ask her to take some pictures.

Mom said - sure thing, Son , hand them over.

Seeing the damn holes , she knew what she had to do...

hippie-pants1.jpg

As this thread promises - TO BE CONTINUED

Wallet arrive yet? They stated a maximum delivery time of 5-8 days after shipping and the wallet went out at least 15? 20? days ago.

Pictures!

Yeah I got the wallet a few days after, not sure what the hold up was. I'm going to try and have an update later tonight, take a couple of fit pics and what-not. Fact is there isn't much wear to show just some light creasing. It is nice to see what a looser pair of jeans wear like.

Alright here it goes finally. First off my apologies for the tardiness. Second there isn't much to show and the pics are pretty crap. I going out of town for a week so I'll take some pictures of them by the lake and then send them on there way.

These jeans arrived to me on August 8th and I have been wearing them every day since. The denim is amazing. A perfect fit and weight for summer jeans. I soaked them in very hot water for a few hours but I think there is still some shrinkage left in them. They have some faint whiskers and honeycombs and the thread on the front pockets is coming off.

P8280571.jpg

P8280576.jpg

Alright here it goes finally. First off my apologies for the tardiness. Second there isn't much to show and the pics are pretty crap. I going out of town for a week so I'll take some pictures of them by the lake and then send them on there way.

These jeans arrived to me on August 8th and I have been wearing them every day since. The denim is amazing. A perfect fit and weight for summer jeans. I soaked them in very hot water for a few hours but I think there is still some shrinkage left in them. They have some faint whiskers and honeycombs and the thread on the front pockets is coming off.

In the month I had the first iteration, the thread on both front pockets had come off. I think it's just not well done.

You are remembering to snap at least a full roll of film on a disposable camera for Kiya, right?

In the month I had the first iteration, the thread on both front pockets had come off. I think it's just not well done.

You are remembering to snap at least a full roll of film on a disposable camera for Kiya, right?

Shitty. I guess I'll have to get on for the last couple days I'm going away for the long weekend so I should be able to get some good ones. Who gets these next? beardedpotato?

I figure the mass delay after I fucked everything up probably confused/distracted people. For instance, lily didn't remember about the camera.

Kiya wanted us to agree to a few things:

1) Buy a disposable camera, take a roll of pictures over the course of the time you have the jeans. Send that camera to Self Edge when you're done.

2) Wear the jeans every day (except for washing obviously).

3) Ship via a timely method with insurance.

Special new rule thanks to me: Do not let the jeans out of your sight. If you can't wear them, carry them!

Also, take tons of digital pictures for the rest of us.

Alright I've pm'd beardedpotatoe but since this weekend is a holiday I'm going to keep the jeans untill Tuesday the 4th and then ship them out once I have his info. It's funny when they first came I was unsure about the fit, they were a size to large and a wider leg then anything I have worn in ages. Now that the month is done I'm having troubles giving them up, a little variety is definitely a nice thing.

Wah,fuck.First,of,all,my,spacebar,died.Second;time,seemed,to,have,fly,hard,to,believe,it's,my,time.

I,get,into,London,on,the,4th,of,September,so,will,be,sending,these,to,my,friends,house,wh ere,i'm,staying.

One,thing,I'm,a,bit,worried,about,is,the,fit,but,we'll,see,when,I,get,them.I,have,monster,thighs.

Will,pick,up,a,camera,to,shoot,the,jeans.Pmed,you,the,address,lily.

I_miss_lily has shipped them out. I got the tracking code which is 'ee 071 453 962 ca' so you boys can see REAL TIME where these jeans are. I should get them in the next couple of days. I'll be in London for a couple of weeks after that then moving over to Europe. Who gets the jeans after me? Possible face to face hand over?

Right, postman delivered the jeans this morning. Thanks to I_miss_lily for forking out $60 to get them shipped.

I am pretty happy to get these, I tore a hole in the crotch of my dukes a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday I was cycling and some dick almost ran me over, I fell off the bike and caught my crotch hole on the bike seat resulting in an epic tear. I got a new camera though.

I'm wearing the 5003s now, I'm not sure if I_miss_lily washed them or whether thats the smell of the dye. They are pretty fucking comfy and it's a change wearing a loose fitting jean. The denim is very different to that of the imperial dukes, it's hairy and coarser, but also feels softer.

flatheadfrontrc4.jpg

flatheadgrassqi9.jpg

Theres already some wallet wear. Should be interesting to see what these will look like after the month. I'm picking up a disposable camera this afternoon.

The computer I'm on now doesn't like running anything other than explorer without freezing or crashing, so I'm losing patience trying to get the photos off my camera.

I'll post some fit pics after I have some lunch.

Also I thought I had writing access to the blog, but I dont. So whoever runs it add superhotchick at gmail dot com as a writer.

Last version of the list:

FAIL - theetruscan - Uganda, Morocco, London, Paris (June-July)

Finished - I_miss_lily - Calgary, Canada (August - September)

Received - beardedpotato - Australia / Europe(September - October)

justinbaily21 - VA/SC (October - November)

Topvillian (November - December)

40ozprophet - philly, PA - (December - January)

Sais - NY (January - Febuary)

Tyro1 UK - (Febuary -March)

will_i_am - NJ (March - April)

wEstSidE - Virginia / New Jersey - (April - May)

ktouran6923 - Boston, Mass - (May - June)

masuerte - LA, CA - (June - July)

Selfedge - July

This list shows them going back to the US next, then out to the UK in February. I can't remember why, but I think Tyro couldn't wear them yet. I'll dig through the old posts and sort that out tonight, gotta go to work in a minute.

Also, if anyone knows where Topvillian lives, let me know. It's been a long time since I shuffled justin's original list, but I think the important dates were 40oz going to China in December and Tyro being unavailable until February.

Beardedpotato, don't forget the disposable camera for Kiya.

Also: Kiya, would you rather we added a new 12th person (since I've obviously not worn this set)? Or would you like this to be 11 people so it still finishes in time?

Honestly.. The jeans will probably need some sort of repair by the 6th or 7th person.. so 11 people should be enough.

I'm thinking I might soak these guys tomorrow, depending on the weather. They've already been round London a few times and to Geneva. I put a little notebook in the back left pocket thats getting dyed up as well.

The stitching on the pocket is coming out slowly, but hasn't broken yet. Apart from that all is well.

Pics!

Post to the blog!

Also, did you get your disposable camera for pics for Kiya?

Pics!

Post to the blog!

Also, did you get your disposable camera for pics for Kiya?

I'm still not sure if I got blog permissions?

I got two disposable cameras, as it was cheaper than buying one? I've only taken one picture though. Am I meant to be using the disposable to snap the jeans or just the places the jeans have been? Seeing as I got two I could do a pic a day and a bunch of photos of shit.

I'll post some pics tomorrow, it's meant to be a sunny day.

I'm still not sure if I got blog permissions?

I got two disposable cameras, as it was cheaper than buying one? I've only taken one picture though. Am I meant to be using the disposable to snap the jeans or just the places the jeans have been? Seeing as I got two I could do a pic a day and a bunch of photos of shit.

I'll post some pics tomorrow, it's meant to be a sunny day.

I'd always assumed the best would be to get pics of you wearing the jeans, but cool places the jeans go and pics of the jeans are good too imo. Hopefully Kiya will tells ya!