World-wide denim project

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I'd said before, if I hear anything I will tell you. Believe me, I wish I had some news.

The piece of luggage that they lost had everything I owned except for cookware, I left on vacation the day I moved out of my house in Oregon, so I am checking every day.

British Airways has not said that my bag is lost forever, but I have filed a claim as required after 21 days. I can receive as much as $1000 of the suitcase's nominal $10000 value (it contained everything I owned). I may or may not have partial additional insurance through American Express since the plane ticket was purchased with an AmEx card. Either way, the bag is probably gone, and I'm probably shafted for the vast majority of the value.

Just to let people know what apparently happened: British Airways had their baggage handling disrupted massively on July 1 (the day of the Glasgow Airport bombing). 20,000 bags at Heathrow were mishandled and piled in a warehouse somewhere. July 14th, they loaded all the bags onto lorries/semis and carted them down to Milan to be handled. Apparently most passengers have gotten their bags back but a sizeable portion of the bags are still to be sorted. British Airways is refusing to release any details to customers, so the only information I can gather is because a newspaper called the Scotsman seems to be covering the issue. As a result, I have very little to go on as far as what the FUCK is going on with my bag.

As far as replacing the jeans, I can't really afford it, but that's my problem. It seems only fair that something lost via my negligence (checking instead of carrying on) is my responsibility. If people have a replacement pair or plan, let me know. I was wearing the wallet I was going to send on with the jeans, and carried the camera on, though I don't know that either of those are necessarily interesting if the jeans themselves are replaced.

I've avoided posting pictures of the jeans in Africa, because with them lost it seemed silly, but I'm happy to put up some images of where I took them before BA took them.

Seriously, though, it's unlikely that the bag will turn up tomorrow, or the next day, or ever. It's possible, I hold out some hope, though largely because I really need it to. People should think about what they want to do to get this going, assuming those jeans are pretty much gone. If people want me to come up with money for a replacement pair, I will find a way to do that, though not probably before August 6 or 7, since I'm moving to Nashville to start a PhD program. I think it's a reasonable solution, even though I'm not too thrilled about it. I wish I could just say "oh yeah guys, bag is on it's way, everything I own is coming back" but that seems like it's a pipedream.

Who's next on the list?

PM me your address so i can send you a pair asap.

This shit can't end this easily...

This was the last posted version of the list, it had kind of lost order. I believe that StuckOnStupid was not part of the rotation any more, and I_miss_lily should be next up.

Last order I see in the thread is:

theetruscan - Uganda, Morocco, London, Paris (June-July)

StuckOnStupid - Toronto, Canada (July - August)

I_miss_lily - Calgary, Canada (August - September)

beardedpotato - Australia / Europe(September - October)

justinbaily21 - VA/SC (October - November)

Topvillian (November - December)

40ozprophet - philly, PA - (December - January)

Sais - NY (January - Febuary)

Tyro1 UK - (Febuary -March)

will_i_am - NJ (March - April)

wEstSidE - Virginia / New Jersey - (April - May)

ktouran6923 - Boston, Mass - (May - June)

masuerte - LA, CA - (June - July)

Selfedge - July

The replacement size 34 S5003 jeans were sent off today.

:)

Yeah pics are coming, not much to show so far. No gorilla shit or running from hippos, lots of accounting homework though. They're a tad big on me and they are definitely a different cut then I'm used to but it's nice denim and really good for the summer. Hopefully I can get some good wear on these in the time that I have them.

WOAH! They're already to Imisslily? WTF??? (oops... I looked back one page and now I know the order)

Can justin update the order of who will get these suckers on the first page?

Hey guys, better keep up with picture updates, I know I'll be putting them up on superfuture thread and flickr.

What's going on with other people's plans for the 34's? I plan on trying to take a vacation and walk with these up to san fran ^_^.... or at least meet up with PG2G or MrIp depending on who has them at the time...