being really skinny is unhealthy

jake snake

having a terminal disease is really unhealthy.

stabbing yourself is really unhealthy.

Jumping in front of trains is really unhealthy.

putting a fork, bowl of water, potato, egg and your head in a microwave is really unhealthy...

most of my friends call me skinny.... but compared to some people on here, i am no where near skinny. im 5'10 and weigh about 160-170 last time i weighed myself...pants size 29-31. i think im a good amount of skinny in a "fit" way.

you just described my height and weight. incredible!

All these threads are just going to lead to mod crackdowns and it's going to become minyatalk/tfs. Please don't let the trash die.

agreed.

obviously being 'really skinny' is unhealthy....

no need to start a shitty thread.

Why does everyone talk about sufu size as skinny? I see just as many regular sized people on here anyway, no different to the average person I see walking down the street. Then again I dont like in the US.... (IM JOKING!)

Who cares what your weight is. I'm slim. I wouldn't mindy putting a little muscle on and I think I will. If you are comfortable being a certain size and you are healthy, what is the problem. I'm tired of threads like this popping up, this place is starting to become Bitch life 101

Unless there is a severe eating disorder involved, being skinny is not a health risk. Sure, lack of strength can be a problem, especially at 50+ yrs old, but that's more a quality of life risk than a reduction in average life expectancy.

Being fat on the other hand has all kinds of well-documented long-term health risks that demonstrably reduce life expectancy and raise the cost of health care for everyone else.

Besides, there are very few unhealthily skinny people that post here. Most of the sz 26, 27 waist people are also below average height, so they are not too skinny for their frame. The worst that their thin-ness is doing is giving you body image problems. Get over it.

For reference, I am 6 ft tall, weigh 145-150 lbs and wear a size 29 or 30 waist. So pretty slim but by no means unhealthy. I eat a well-balanced diet of ~2200-2500 calories a day and exercise a couple times a week (no power-lifting though, I don't see the point from a health perspective). My BMI is 19.7.

For a 6-ft tall man, the Center for Disease Control defines the "normal" weight range as 137 - 183 lbs. Scale that as needed by height, and I'm guessing that 99% of the people you might call "really skinny" fall within a normal healthy range.

In an ideal world I'd be 6'4, 215lb, with 4.3 40yd dash speed, with 45" vertical leap, playing point guard for Lakers or Cavs, free safety for the Jets, playing striker for Ajax or PSG (while getting them to top of UEFA), raking in millions with Lindsay Lohan and Kate Moss jockying for my attention...dreaming is free.

Who cares what your weight is. I'm slim. I wouldn't mindy putting a little muscle on and I think I will. If you are comfortable being a certain size and you are healthy, what is the problem. I'm tired of threads like this popping up, this place is starting to become Bitch life 101

apparently this guys so tired of threads like this that he took it upon himself to bitch about it.

its supertrash buddy, calm down.

In an ideal world I'd be 6'4, 215lb, with 4.3 40yd dash speed, with 45" vertical leap, playing point guard for Lakers or Cavs, free safety for the Jets, playing striker for Ajax or PSG (while getting them to top of UEFA), raking in millions with Lindsay Lohan and Kate Moss jockying for my attention...dreaming is free.

AMAZING YOU JUST DESCRIBED MY EXACT HEIGHT AND WEIGHT AND OCCUPATION AND SEXUAL HABITS AND OMGOMGOMG.

except for the weight part. 200 whaaaaat.

BRB TIME TO PURRRGGEEE

Believe it or not, some of us just naturally have a 25.5 inch waist. Considering my alcohol intake alone, I should be a blob if I had a regular metabolic rate.

For the record, my weight has been a stable 112lbs for about 7 years, my pulse sits at around 65, my blood pressure is in the 'optimal' range and my peak flow rate is sky high as I play wind instruments. Also, despite my best efforts I've never broken a bone, unless you count a minor stress fracture in my foot.

Believe it or not, some of us just naturally have a 25.5 inch waist. Considering my alcohol intake alone, I should be a blob if I had a regular metabolic rate.

I think somewhere along the way people in Britain evolved to process drink a lot better than anywhere else.

And as for the bone breaking thing. Drink more, get in some fights. It's easier than offending old ladies on the bus.

And as for the bone breaking thing. Drink more, get in some fights. It's easier than offending old ladies on the bus.

Usually I drink and go to metal gigs, and most injuries I get are self-inflicted. Example: (accidentally) smashing my hand on someone's head in such a manner that my outside knuckles swell up like a plum. Hospital swore blind I'd broken my hand until the x-ray came in.

Must be something to do with my very English consumption of dairy. Addiction to tea & cheddar cheese = a hell of a lot of calcium.