The Dark Knight

ya i have no problem with ledger being casted, although ive never seen him in the trailers yet. but still, depp wouldve been my first choice

depp would've done a grerat job but he would have the same problem as jack nicholson did, he's a huge face and brings alot of baggage. i dont want to see edward scissorhands, ed wood, jack sparrow, or sweeny todd or that matter. i want to see the joker. ledger has completely dissapeared into the role. i think alot of peopel are going to be suprised.

Found a high-quality version of the two-minute trailer:

http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm

Someone needs to find that six minute trailer again so I can watch it. Damn you, Syb, for beating WB's lawyers to it.

Something in the way he says, "You're just a freak. Like me." is amazing.

edit: on a side note, the quality on the 100 megabyte download is marvelous. Is this supposed to be what blu-ray is going to accomplish? Watching a DVD alongside it and it pales in comparison.

that line and the one from the prologue

" i believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you....stranger"

i saw this the week before it was released at the imax downtown. the clown cakes led to a viral site which in turn led to gotham school district badges which doubled as passes for the prologue. to see that face on a 70 foot screen in high definition was amazing. cant wait for july.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depp would've done a grerat job but he would have the same problem as jack nicholson did, he's a huge face and brings alot of baggage. i dont want to see edward scissorhands, ed wood, jack sparrow, or sweeny todd or that matter. i want to see the joker. ledger has completely dissapeared into the role. i think alot of peopel are going to be suprised.

I can't see Depp doing it the way Ledger is going for it either, which is honestly the best way I've seen it played so far. No camp, no corniness, just straight-up deranged single-minded Joker. I have a feeling Depp would try and make it another PotC style thing and make the character into him, rather than the other way around.

thats a really good point, i just saw the trailer for dark knight for the first time tonight, and although i knew it was ledger, i didnt really recognize his face or voice

that laugh is pretty good... I still hear a lot of Nicholson joker in there, though. He carries himself really well, though.

The way they're settin ghim up as Batman's big bad in this movie is the right way to play it, I think. A lot of the viral stuff has been hinting at the idea that Gotham City is at war, at the mercy of the (terrorist) clowns. That's a far scarier Joker than the one we have in the comic books: violence for the sake of "fun".

Now that I think about it, it's sort of similar to the way that the Mutants were portray in Dark Knight Returns...

I'm still curious to see how they're going to fit Two Face in. I was pretty satisfied with the way they did Ra's and Scarecrow in the first ( I was even shocked by the reveal, even though the visual clues were there all along... well played, Nolan :) )

I'm still curious to see how they're going to fit Two Face in. I was pretty satisfied with the way they did Ra's and Scarecrow in the first ( I was even shocked by the reveal, even though the visual clues were there all along... well played, Nolan :) )

From what I heard a while ago, (and this could all just be wrong so dont take my word for it) at the end of this film Harvey Dent is going to put the Joker on trial which leads to his face getting hurt up, and that sets the next one to be about Two Face.

• 1 month later...

Anothe update

" January 22, 2008, 4:42 pm

Actor Heath Ledger Is Found Dead

By Sewell Chan

The actor Heath Ledger was found dead this afternoon in an apartment building at 421 Broome Street in SoHo, according to the New York City police. Mr. Ledger was 28.

At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A in the building for an appointment with Mr. Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Mr. Ledger’s bedroom. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Mr. Ledger unconscious. They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities. The police said they did not suspect foul play and said they found pills near body.

Mr. Ledger, a native of Perth, Australia, won acclaim for his role as a co-star in “Brokeback Mountainâ€, a 2005 film. The film, based on a short story by Annie Proulx about two cowboys who fall in love, won critical acclaim. Reviewing the film in The New York Times, the critic Stephen Holden wrote, “Mr. Ledger magically and mysteriously disappears beneath the skin of his lean, sinewy character. It is a great screen performance, as good as the best of Marlon Brando and Sean Penn.â€

Calls by The New York Times to Mara Buxbaum, a publicist for Mr. Ledger, and Steve Alexander, the actor’s agent, were not immediately returned this afternoon.

Thomas J. Lueck contributed reporting."

Well then.

Is the movie finished by now? Would they still need him for anything? I was under the impression that this far into a film the shooting is probably finished.

i believe it's in post-production, but from what i gathered he was supposed to be a big part of the 3rd movie as well. it'll hit theatres for sure, no way they aren't going to show it after the money they've poured into and now this. sadly this is the biggest box office boost this movie could've ever hoped for.

i believe it's in post-production, but from what i gathered he was supposed to be a big part of the 3rd movie as well. it'll hit theatres for sure, no way they aren't going to show it after the money they've poured into and now this. sadly this is the biggest box office boost this movie could've ever hoped for.

Really? Seemed to me that it was already going to be pretty big, although it probably won't hurt. All I'm worried about is that they're going to hack it up in editing to compensate for the fact that they won't have Joker in the 3rd film.

Really? Seemed to me that it was already going to be pretty big, although it probably won't hurt. All I'm worried about is that they're going to hack it up in editing to compensate for the fact that they won't have Joker in the 3rd film.

so far chris nolan doesn't seem like the guy that would do that, but i could be very wrong.

the role took control of his life.

Credit to Perez:

This article from The New York Times published just two months ago shed a new light on the untimely death of Heath Ledger:

“I stressed out a little too much,” Mr. Ledger said.

He tends to do that. He is here in London filming the latest episode of the “Batman”franchise, “The Dark Knight.” (Mr. Bale, as it happens, plays Batman; Mr. Ledger plays the Joker.) It is a physically and mentally draining role — his Joker is a “psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy” he said cheerfully — and, as often happens when he throws himself into a part, he is not sleeping much.

“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” he said. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” One night he took an Ambien, which failed to work. He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing.

Even as he spoke, Mr. Ledger was hard-pressed to keep still. He got up and poured more coffee. He stepped outside into the courtyard and smoked a cigarette. He shook his hair out from under its hood, put a rubber band around it, took out the rubber band, put on a hat, took off the hat, put the hood back up. He went outside and had another cigarette. Polite and charming, he nonetheless gave off the sense that the last thing he wanted to do was delve deep into himself for public consumption. “It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself,” is how he put it, a little apologetically.

he sounds like he was a troubled guy, and a role like that probably isn't gonna help

he was a tremendous actor, well at least in brokeback mountain, this is really too bad.

fuck, i just watched the trailer again. some of the scenes with him look fucking terrifying, even moreso now. this movie is going to murder.

it is a little disturbing how we seem to worry about the 3rd film when the 2nd isnt out yet, and heath ledger is gonna be 6 ft under :(

RIP

Didnt Christopher Lee died during LOTR 3 and somehow they used body doubles to get the show done. Same thing when Bruce Lee died.