The Dark Knight

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

by "the first and second series of batman", i hope you are referring to burton's and nolan's take on the caped crusader, because joel schumacher's version was absolute rubbish.

yes, nolan will be directing. michael caine, morgan freeman and gary oldman will also be reappearing; while katie holmes' character will be replaced by maggie gyllenhaal

they should just superimpose jack nicholson from burton's batman in there. he was that good.

Jack is Jack in the movie. Not the Joker.

He does not have the sane but suddenly insane quality Joker has in the comics.

Plus he is way too fat to be the joker then and now.

^

by "the first and second series of batman", i hope you are referring to burton's and nolan's take on the caped crusader, because joel schumacher's version was absolute rubbish.

That's what I meant. 1,2 and " Batman begins" are seperate entities.

Never caught Joel Schumakers attempt.

Burton's were curious, Nolan's was stunning.

^

yes, nolan will be directing. michael caine, morgan freeman and gary oldman will also be reappearing; while katie holmes' character will be replaced by maggie gyllenhaal

Coleman's Comissioner Gordon is just a useless bump on a log.

Katie Holmes is even worse as far as obligatory Super hero girl friend is concerned. Makes me long for the thespian abilities of Bassinger as Vicki Vale.

That's what I meant. 1,2 and " Batman begins" are seperate entities.

Never caught Joel Schumakers attempt.

Burton's were curious, Nolan's was stunning.

Yeah I agree they are different entities, but they are always going to be compared to one another.

Comic book films are aimed at too wider audience, when comic books are aimed at a niche group. This is why 80% of comic book movies end up being terrible.

i check batman on film.com more than superfuture. christopher nolan is the man and i can not wait till the production returns to chicago this summer. a friend of mine is working as a lighting double for bats and i hope to get on the set (again). i love the joker pic btw. cross alex from clockwork orange, pris from blade runner, some john wayne gacy, a pinch of the crow, and tyler durden's ear to ear grin (in the book) and bam. ledger will nail it. oh, and i believe in harvey dent too.

cross alex from clockwork orange, pris from blade runner, some john wayne gacy, a pinch of the crow, and tyler durden's ear to ear grin (in the book) and bam. ledger will nail it. oh, and i believe in harvey dent too.

you missed one...

511230368_ab2ad6ecc3.jpg

spot on wit alex and the clockwork orange. i believe in a previous interview, ledger made a direct reference to alex when discussing the new joker. if i remember correctly he said something along the lines of "his insanity will be in the eyes".

*edit*

nevermind, cultpop beat me to it

yeah, i want to see some dark, grittyness from heath. honestly, at first when i heard this, i thought it was fucking retarded since begins perfectly sets up for the first batman with keaton but now that i see all the shit a year BEFORE the movie is due out, i'm excited.

i check batman on film.com more than superfuture. christopher nolan is the man and i can not wait till the production returns to chicago this summer.

Was the first one partly filmed in Chicago as well? I always think of NY when I think of Gotham.

Was the first one partly filmed in Chicago as well? I always think of NY when I think of Gotham.

Yes. Some friends of mine saw them filming up on the Amstutz Expressway up in Waukegan before Batman Begins. The Gotham police cars have returned to Chicago for the sequel as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amstutz_Expressway

-Jake

• 6 months later...