The Dark Knight

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I think this is bullshit, but Nolan isn't really doing cartoony movies like the last ones, so...maybe?

DentBurn.jpg

Holy Sh*t....CN really put my expectation on an all time high now...can't hardly wait for it.

I was invited to a private screening some time ago. It's a really good movie and I generally don't like comic book films. I'm not going to ruin it for any of you since it looks like it might be a movie of the year for some. One thing I saw interesting was that it wasn't as dark, the scenes weren't all filmed at night or in dark rooms as I was expecting. Also Joker might not be the character that everyone will be talking about after the movie. It was a great performance but I have another favorite ;)

so joker wasnt your fav character huh? yo let me guess morgan freeman saves the day ri, ri? or maggie gyllenhaal is in danger and jake comes with lance armstrong and mathew mcconaughey(had to google that shit) and they kick major joker/two face ass, ri?

okay but seriously...harley quinn? robin(maybe he's introduced as a kid or somethin)? they should bring back jim carey as the riddler lawwwwwwwwwwwwwlzzzzzzz.

One of the anticipation is how CN gonna "explain" Joker's origin. From the teasers, he appeared to have slashed wound instead of au natural grin and "only" his facial skin seemed to suffer from the "MJ" :P effect.

"so many smiles... so many faces... all the same" - The Dark Knight Returns, 1986.

I just watched the new 'Batman: Gotham Knight', animated stories (a la The Animatrix) and man it was really good.

The last 3 stories, with The Scarecrow story in particular were excellent, It also had Killer Croc in it! (who i think may pop up for the 3rd movie now, he wasn't exactly despatched..)

Icing on the cake though was Kevin Conroy!! Totally unexpected but fucking awesome.

From here on in i'm avoiding all clips and trailers til I go to the IMAX theatre on July 25th :D

One of the anticipation is how CN gonna "explain" Joker's origin. From the teasers, he appeared to have slashed wound instead of au natural grin and "only" his facial skin seemed to suffer from the "MJ" :P effect.

"so many smiles... so many faces... all the same" - The Dark Knight Returns, 1986.

He's, as far as I know, pretty much ignoring the comic book fans and not giving the Joker a history at all. I can't be arsed to walk to the bathroom to get the interview from Empire but he basically describes him as a maniacal catalyst for the events that unfold... expect the real story to be about Harvey Dent.

And few prizes go to the person who guesses who dies as catalyst to the plot, either.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/884/884876p1.html

very, very positive review (10/10), but as it's from IGN i'd take it with a pinch of salt; it's a well written one without spoilers though.

*http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37285

Moriarty review (hellboy 2 also), again overwhelmingly postive from the only guy worth reading over there.

• 3 weeks later...