The Dark Knight

I have a few questions...

-How does the Joker get out of the holding cell?

-Does the Joker tell Batman the opposite of where Rachel and Dent are, or does Batman really intend to rescue Dent?

-Is Dent dead?

-Did Batman know Gordon wasn't really dead?

-How did no one else notice that the Joker was posing as a cop during comissioner Loeb's funeral/wake thing? I mean, his face is pretty recognizable.

-How was the Joker able to rig up explosives in that hospital? Come on!

-Why does the Joker give multiple reasons for his facial scars?

1) they cleared the holding cell because the fat guy had stomach issues and like fainted (the one with the cellphone bomb in his stomach)

2) he told batman the opposite; if you paid attention, when gordon asked which one batman was going to, he said he "rachel"

3) dunno, probably

4) dunno, probably

5) he cleaned up his hair and had a hat, and had normal skin color too

6) dunno

7) for lulz?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) they cleared the holding cell because the fat guy had stomach issues and like fainted (the one with the cellphone bomb in his stomach)

2) he told batman the opposite; if you paid attention, when gordon asked which one batman was going to, he said he "rachel"

3) dunno, probably

4) dunno, probably

5) he cleaned up his hair and had a hat, and had normal skin color too

6) dunno

7) for lulz?

1) I meant when the Joker was in the interrogation room. That cop goes to fight him, but they don't show it. In the next scene he's out of the interrogation room with a knife to the cop's throat. How'd he get out? It would've been hand to hand combat since the police seized all his knives. Seems odd that he was able to overpower a cop after Batman had just whooped his ass. They should have shown that scene.

2) I know Batman told Gordon he was going after Rachel, but I wasn't sure if Batman was telling Gordon the opposite, or if the Joker was telling Batman the opposite.

joker switched the addresses up because he knew bats would go for rachel. Joker's plan was to make sure dent survived and they all played their parts.

Also, joker got out of the holding cell using the piece of glass. I thought they were stupid for not clearing out the mirror shards. It was so obvious he going to fucking take the cop with it.

-Is Dent dead?

-Did Batman know Gordon wasn't really dead?

-How did no one else notice that the Joker was posing as a cop during comissioner Loeb's funeral/wake thing? I mean, his face is pretty recognizable.

-How was the Joker able to rig up explosives in that hospital? Come on!

-Why does the Joker give multiple reasons for his facial scars?

-Probably not, Batman doesn't kill anyone and I think he was breathing.

-I suppose so

-If you noticed in the Joker's apartment he had a whole group of police officers tied up. He probably replaced everyone around him with people from his gang.

-Come on the Joker's a genius! Why wouldn't he have rigged up the hospital in advance and then say that he was going to blow it up later? Especially after knowing how it would end out and that there would be officers with family members in it.

-It's the Joker. Hes messing with people. There are also many different origin stories in the comic that the Joker does not have a definitive origin. It's implied that he's so crazy that he even forgot himself and makes things up.

I didn't like Maggie either. Katie Holmes wouldn't have done any better but at least shes easier to look at.

joker switched the addresses up because he knew bats would go for rachel. Joker's plan was to make sure dent survived and they all played their parts.

Also, joker got out of the holding cell using the piece of glass. I thought they were stupid for not clearing out the mirror shards. It was so obvious he going to fucking take the cop with it.

Forgot about the broken glass. How did I miss that?!

-I suppose so

-If you noticed in the Joker's apartment he had a whole group of police officers tied up. He probably replaced everyone around him with people from his gang.

-Come on the Joker's a genius! Why wouldn't he have rigged up the hospital in advance and then say that he was going to blow it up later? Especially after knowing how it would end out and that there would be officers with family members in it.

-It's the Joker. Hes messing with people. There are also many different origin stories in the comic that the Joker does not have a definitive origin. It's implied that he's so crazy that he even forgot himself and makes things up.

Good points.

-I suppose so

I didn't like Maggie either. Katie Holmes wouldn't have done any better but at least shes easier to look at.

IMO, maggie definitely played a better role than katie holmes did. I am glad that katie holmes was out. I think they just casted Katie holmes just to attract a little more attention and not for her acting skills. It's like casting jessica alba for invisible woman in the fantastic four and look how that turned out! it was as bad as the first hulk movie

I don't care how bad she looks, but if she can act, then I'd pick that over someone that just looks good.

After seeing this movie, i am still buzzed. More buzzed than from drinking. Shaken, sad, appalled, shocked, and a lot more for heath ledger's performance and how the movie turned out. IT LIVED UP TO ITS HYPE.

If i had three wishes, one of my wishes is to bring back heath ledger. He needs to be in the 3rd installment

REST IN PEACE, THE GREATEST JOKER THAT WILL EVER BE IN MY LIFETIME

would this movie have been 1/4 as good w/o joker?

ok, that's not a fair question.

would this movie have been 1/4 as good if say, danny masterson played the joker?

I think it's fair to say this movie wouldn't have been nearly as good without Ledger as the joker. I can't think of any big name actor who would have been able to the play the role as well as he did.

It's like casting jessica alba for invisible woman in the fantastic four and look how that turned out!

I don't care how bad she looks, but if she can act, then I'd pick that over someone that just looks good.

Yeah I guess you're right. I still think she could've done better though. If she were more prominent in the film, I think it would have made the film slightly better because personally I didn't really care that she blew up (is it wrong to feel that way?). There wasn't a connection. Though she was probably just overshadowed by everyone else. Ledger, Eckhart, Bale, Freeman, Oldman, Caine, all were spectacular.

Yeah I guess you're right. I still think she could've done better though. If she were more prominent in the film, I think it would have made the film slightly better because personally I didn't really care that she blew up (is it wrong to feel that way?). There wasn't a connection. Though she was probably just overshadowed by everyone else. Ledger, Eckhart, Bale, Freeman, Oldman, Caine, all were spectacular.

Exactly. I just didn't care that she was blown up. It has nothing to do with her looks, but everything to do with her personality. I just wasn't buying it. She's a huge step up from Katie Holmes, but I would've preferred someone else.

well Rachel wasn't that very prominent in the comic series either, so i guess they got that on point. Although she was THEEE Batman's lover, she dies in the comic series so she has to go at one point. Don't get me wrong, Katie is pretty, but it's just one of those actresses/actors that are famous/prominent now because of their beauty.

As of now, i am still buzzed. I am just kinda heart felt for Heath Ledger. For me,I wish he was still alive cause I really wanted to see more of him.

what happened to scarecrow? he was out of the movie after the first scene

That was just an impostor, him and his buddies (in the batman costumes) where just trying to go all vigilante and take down the mobster in the drug deal.