The Dark Knight

also: Black Mask would be good in the next. Ed Norton as Black Mask?

anyone else like to revel in the juvenile retardedency of people on hypebeast from time to time? on their TDK thread a few are seriously pulling for the ventriloquist as the next batman villain. seriously, this silly puppet carrying twit:

ventrilgif.gif

and one of them was also seriously suggesting colin mochrie, balding guy from whose line is it anyway, as a candidate for playing him.

i...i ca...ugh.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, damn.

Anyway, I saw it again today on IMAX and even though it was the second time seeing it, it still gave me chills to appreciate the details of the movie to the sensory level. It was cool to notice the themes from the OST during their parts in the film, and where they got their titles from (like "Aggressive Expansion" when the Joker makes Gamble's goons have "tryouts") And I have to agree with some of the other users here, watching the Joker shake his hair in the wind as the police car is swurving through the streets of Gotham with nothing but silence in the background after your brane jus asploadz from the crazy twists and plans.. so good.

Don't know if anyone saw this but:

According to the email newsletter Pop Bitch, the late Heath Ledger kept a journal on set in which he listed things that he thought would make the Joker laugh, and the first entry was "AIDS." If nothing else, Heath Ledger should win the Oscar for Edgiest Off-Screen AIDS Joke Kept In A Method Acting Notebook. Although, I guess that's not really a joke, right? It's just a FACT. The Joker thinks AIDS is hilarious.

Here was the rest of the list:

Dead Puppies

Dying Puppies

The Complete Works Of Samuel Beckett

SuperAIDS

Fantastic.

anyone else like to revel in the juvenile retardedency of people on hypebeast from time to time? on their TDK thread a few are seriously pulling for the ventriloquist as the next batman villain. seriously, this silly puppet carrying twit:

ventrilgif.gif

and one of them was also seriously suggesting colin mochrie, balding guy from whose line is it anyway, as a candidate for playing him.

i...i ca...ugh.

would have been nice if you actually said something - i agree, the discussion gets moronic sometimes.

seeing dark knight got me into full out fan-boy mode, and i've never even fucked w/ the comics. just about finished reading year one. so. fucking. good. what should i follow it up with?

for the dark knight fan, read the long halloween. it was a huge influence on the movie.

so, i only went to see TDK today because i wanted to avoid overcrowded theatres with geeks fapping to batmans suit, and the movie is just brilliant, i absolutely loved it. i don't remember leaving a theatre so happy for a loooooong time.

heath ledger was amazing, the scene i liked the most is when he is leaving the hospital dressed as a nurse and does that small girlish jump from the sidewalk to the street ahaha. his whole performance was filled with amazing acting details.

Definetly gonna buy this when it comes out in DVD (i have only bought 2 other movies in dvd, those being scarface and clockwork orange, so i guess this means a lot)

maybe it's just me, but anyone else think joker's appearance was at least somewhat influenced by ichi the killer. after first seeing the joker's face in promo's i though this, and after seeing the movie i am nearly convinced that this was the main inspiration for his appearance in the dark knight. ideas?

Ichi_The_Killer_Divx_frontal_DVD.jpg

the 'public bruce wayne' character was too close

moreover, the clothing and hairstyle could have been different

That makes sense. and there are the obvious differences (80s v present day), but the two characters are kind of similar. Bruce Wayne "plays himself" as kind of an aloof rich kid/adult w/ all the nice things. And bateman is just an asshole who has nice stuff. So they have that similarity

how come batman can't kill people?

isn't that the point of a vigilante? do what the police won't/can't?

Underneath Batman is still Bruce Wayne, who takes on the role of Batman to prevent what happened to his parents from ever happening again.. so for him to murder would go against his beliefs and fundamental ethics.

Batman's ability to restrain himself from crossing the line in terms of violence for the sake of justice separates him from being a hero or becoming just another freak in a costume like his foes in the Rogues Gallery.

If you catch the special on History channel about the psychology of Batman, they conclude that although Batman doesn't have super strength, flight, what have you, his superpower is incredible self-discipline.

I missed a part, if someone would care to explain?

what was the story between dent and gordon?

what were they talking about in the hospital?

and what happened between them afterwords?

Gordon is the police commissioner, promoted after the Joker killed the first commish. Dent is the district attorney who is determined to bring all the mob bosses in Gotham to justice. They talk about him being the "white knight" because he is pretty much all that Gotham has against the crime bosses. Batman sees Dent as his way of retiring Batman, and therefore winning Rachel back. Dent and Gordon don't trust each other, and Dent thinks there are moles inside Gordon's police unit.

The Joker and Dent talk about how Rachel is killed, and the Joker convinces him to go on a killing spree against all those responsible for Rachel's death, like the corrupt cops.