The Dark Knight

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my thoughts exactly. movie blogs and the sort hailed this movie "a cinematic revolution", which i believe is a bit over-the-top illustration of fanboy-ism.

kinda curious as to who they would select as the villian for batman3

i got my vote on catwoman.

Penquin? Riddler? Or will CN suprised us with someone other than the classic four?

Dogs were symbolic for the Joker. Right? Right???

(5)

in some way yes, but if you remember from the movie, lucius fox does hint out something about cats which is why im sorta thinking in the next movie it could possibly be catwoman. Considering joker is locked up in the asylum and harvey is dead, i think putting in catwoman aint such a bat idea. As for the hint, remember when lucius was describing the pros and cons of the new suit and bale asked

'how does it hold against dogs?'

'chihuahuas? maybe against cats'

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Just watched this again in the imax.

I smuggled my camera in:

This shot of him in the back of the squad car was amazing... they should've had this as the last scene of The Joker... the building scene towards the end with him upside down on the rope was a bit anti climatic for me... it reminded me of ichi vs kakihara...

The shot of the Joker coming towards him through the bat-sonar was awesome too.

Such a good film.

yo the joker looked like brittany murphy when he had the nurse get-up on.

and anybody else see this?:

http://www.datelinehollywood.com/dateline_hollywood/2008/07/warner-bros-cas.html

this nigga?...wow

savor tdk b/c im not sure how much we can hope for with that guy bein our classic criminal.

http://www.datelinehollywood.com/dateline_hollywood/2008/07/dark-knight-seq.html

lol.

maggie g's a total love her or hate her. i think she's a dime and looked sexy as fuck in the movie, but everyone i saw it with, besides my gf, thought she was straight busted.

Thought she looked good in the movie with Ferrell, Thompson and Queen Latifah about Ferrell's character's life duplicated in the book but in a comic book movie, you must be in the class of Holmes, Botsworth, Gwyneth, Mendes, Pfeiffer, Kidman, Bassinger, Garner, Dunst. Maggie G is way out of her league. Maybe she stands a chance against Margot Kidder.

in some way yes, but if you remember from the movie, lucius fox does hint out something about cats which is why im sorta thinking in the next movie it could possibly be catwoman. Considering joker is locked up in the asylum and harvey is dead, i think putting in catwoman aint such a bat idea. As for the hint, remember when lucius was describing the pros and cons of the new suit and bale asked

'how does it hold against dogs?'

'chihuahuas? maybe against cats'

Nah. Harvey was breathing in the last scene. Probably Penguin in next movie. Cobblepot in the comics is not the joke character with gimmicked brollies. He is a crime boss now.

as dark as some of the characters/the movie was, i wish it was even more violent and graphic(like showing the joker slice peoples' mouths)...woulda liked to see more blood especially on the batman's hands(put him through even more guilt)...

lol you would have been a fan of the proposed Aronofsky-directed Batman film. He wanted to do the fifth Batman movie really dark to make up for the Schumacher's shitfest. Too bad the movie never got greenlit, apparently it was TOO violent.

if ever they do decide to make another one (or 2,3,4,5 more). i hope it goes in the direction similar to The Long Halloween (which inspired the film and many of its scenes).

Maybe a Dark Victory-inspired Robin origin/appearance for the next one? :D

I don't think the article is that good but if you look up who wrote it he doesn't have much to do with WSJ (again not a great writer but well respected).

I wish most papers were like WSJ, they are really not that bad.

I realize the author is not a staffer at the WSJ, but the editorial dept. of the paper is notoriously conservative.

The article is inherently flawed, but I won't go into that because it would detract from the thread and we're not supposed to talk about politics here.

I think the WSJ is a fine source of financial news and information--probably the best in the world, but I'm all set with the right leaning political commentary.

NPR + NYT for life!

well, it is a conservative paper so i guess that's not a surprise.

i also read only times but their arts section is turning into shit, same with some front page stuff. papers are really going down in last few years.

i'm not sure if you ever read it but check out the arts section in 'the sun', the free paper. it's probably the best in the city (rest of the paper is complete shit).

well, it is a conservative paper so i guess that's not a surprise.

i also read only times but their arts section is turning into shit, same with some front page stuff. papers are really going down in last few years.

i'm not sure if you ever read it but check out the arts section in 'the sun', the free paper. it's probably the best in the city (rest of the paper is complete shit).

I would, but I live in Boston!

I studied journalism in college, so I guess I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to newspapers.

I studied journalism in college, so I guess I'm a bit of a liberal bitch.

fixed it for you ;)

just kidding

yeah i'm the same way. newspapers were always important in my family and we read many different ones each day. it's always nice to discover something new and well written.

(i always thought you live in ny, don't know why)

to bring this back on topic, after watching the movie in theatres i downloaded that ish to tide me over till dvd release and there are nice little details that you dont get the first time around

the fat guy in the jail cell with the exploding phone in him, when he's whining he says "he promised to take out the voices and replace them with bright lights, like christmas"

bright EXPLOJUNZ get it get it

I really enjoyed that TDN spent a lot more time focusing on the visuals of the city. The first one also did a good job, but I felt like it was a lot more important in this one.

Think I'm gonna go see it again this week.

to bring this back on topic, after watching the movie in theatres i downloaded that ish to tide me over till dvd release and there are nice little details that you dont get the first time around

the fat guy in the jail cell with the exploding phone in him, when he's whining he says "he promised to take out the voices and replace them with bright lights, like christmas"

bright EXPLOJUNZ get it get it

Maybe it's just me, but as soon as he said that I knew there was gonna be a bomb.

TDN? ^

Anyway, I'm about to leave to catch TDK: The IMAX Experience.. finally.. took forever for tickets to open up. 12:15 showing, kinda early, but whatever.. WOO!

sorry, brainfart

its one of those things.

also: Black Mask would be good in the next. Ed Norton as Black Mask?