HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

Saw Kevin Seconds (of 7 Seconds) play an acoustic show last week. My very old friends from Strike Anywhere/Inquisition opened for them. Ended up hanging w/ Kevin and my buddies for a few hours after the show listening to some amazing stories about the old days of hardcore/punk courtesy of Mr. Seconds. He was a really nice guy.

60490_441922588515_622853515_5045093_704722_n.jpg

(that's him on the right)

Lendo: awesome

FREE SHOWS!!

Both these shows are totally free. You just need to go and RSVP on the website. You cant just show up at the door without RSVPing and expect to get in.

Scion Presents : October 2010 Metal Matinees

Blacklisted

Ringworm

Acid Tiger

October 9th 2010

@ The Empty Bottle

1035 N Western Ave.

Chicago, IL 60622

Doors : 4:00pm Show : 4:45pm All Ages

Free with RSVP @ https://secure.scion.com/scion/ssl/rsvp/metalShowChicago.do

October 10th 2010

@ The Roxy

9009 Sunset Blvd.

West Hollywood, CA 90069

Doors : 4:00pm Show : 4:45pm All Ages

Free with RSVP @ https://secure.scion.com/scion/ssl/rsvp/metalShowLosAngeles.do

just saw envy last night and let me tell you, they were one of the best bands i've ever saw live. the wall of sound (even without one of their guitarists) was incredible, haven't experienced that before.

also bought their new full length "recitation", and it is KILLER. not as chaotic as "all the footprints..." or "a dead sinking story" but awesome nonetheless. check it out guys!

• 2 weeks later...

anyone got some good random HC youtube vids (not necessarily live footage, but more like fan-vids or off-stage/documentary)?

just stumbled across this japanese dude's personal youtube

apparently he really likes showing off his merch lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/PositiveDive

B-roll's youtube page with various boston hc dudes in candid videos (also live footy too)

http://www.youtube.com/user/bennybroll

1113lalg.jpg

another one... RSVP here:

https://secure.scion.com/scion2007/ssl/rsvp/metalShowLosAngelesSubmit.do

SCION METAL SHOW PRESENTS:

INTEGRITY

CEREMONY

PULLING TEETH

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2010

4:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.

ALL AGES

THE ROXY

9009 SUNSET BLVD

WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA 90069

Free with RSVP!

Early Arrival is suggested as space is limited. Entry is not guaranteed. Line up subject to change.

see y'all there

• 2 weeks later...

New Lows announce reformation, "Harvest Of The Carcass" 12"LP out soon

New Lows "Harvest Of The Carcass" album is finally coming together.

Recorded by CC of Mind Eraser at the Paincave, "Harvest Of The Carcass" is the leading candidate for heaviest Deathwish release of 2011 already. Prepare to be crushed...

Fantastic news from P-Boy came the other day. The band is continuing on, albeit in a part time capacity. Check out his statement below:

"I will preface this by admitting I am not really the easiest person to get along with and that I kind of possibly have a bit of a temper I have a hard time controlling. Baby steps.

We essentially broke up in the summer of 2008 on tour due to a viral series of infighting, moreso with certain people than others. On that subject, the band we went out with on our first tour broke up midway through, leaving us to fend for ourselves, and the following year the band who was to take us on tour broke up before tour and didnt even bother to tell us until a week before. That following year I broke my ankle so alot of the writing and recording was put on hold. At the end of the summer as I began vocals, Shawn announced he was getting married and the following day, Mark announced he had gotten a job in Oregon and had to leave immediately. Basically, this has not been an easy band to be in. However, we have always been proud with the end result, especially with this LP which is about to finally come out. New Lows would not be the band we are without those two, and as I would have loved to play out 100% more than we did, I felt there was not much else we could do but disband, and begrudgingly pulled the plug.

A good handful of months have passed, leaving much breathing room from all the beefing that was suffocating us and holding us back. Shawn and I have talked alot and we both expressed the urge to want to finally be able to play these new songs out live. We are all in the last stages of our 20's and in our early 30's and have lives and jobs that are important to us. Music has always been an important part of our lives, but it cannot simply be our lives. With all of that said, we would rather play even a few shows here and there than simply do nothing at all. We are very greatful for all of the advice and support that Jake and Tre have given us, which has easily helped make this decision.

Disbanding was a very tough, yet rushed decision fueled by many different emotions, and I wish I was able to have kept cooler. Most importantly, myself and Shawn each have a handful of riffs and song structures, and I would simply never be able to write music like this with anyone else and have no desire to. I dont want to jump the gun and announce new material, but this LP will surely not be our swan song and we are really excited for everyone to hear it. The record release will be in Boston in January. It will be all ages. As soon as everything is 100 percent finalized, it will be announced.

Thanks, and be on the lookout for our next breakup and reformation."

- P

icon6.gif

yeahhh the next little while is great for shows here

saw rival mob/free spirit/stick together the other night, neon blud on thursday, chronic submission on friday, nomos and natural law on sunday, school jerks and naughty girls next friday, the kids and brutal knights dec 10

crazy times

I'ma going to post this closer to the time but is anything going on in NYC/Boston/Toronto end Dec into mid January?

there was, at one point, talk of chris colohan from cursed putting on a big new years show in toronto for the release of this new comp he's putting out, but since it's almost december and there's been no word i doubt it's happening

there was, at one point, talk of chris colohan from cursed putting on a big new years show in toronto for the release of this new comp he's putting out, but since it's almost december and there's been no word i doubt it's happening

Going to be in NYC then anyway. Be round Lake Ontario way for a bunch of mid-January I think!