HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

hahahaha someone find the video of ben puking on some kid during a set

seeing matty d in that hellfest video compared to the matty d of today is hilarious. one time matty d smashed a rocks glass on some guys head at a show when he said "nice red hat, faggot" to me. matty d is a wild dude

welp, technically it's not hardcore, but its a two person screamo project me and my friend made. the recordings are super bad (made in a garage) but bear with it please give us criticism either good or bad.

http://www.myspace.com/counselorsteve

as i said its a two person band and we do two part vocals, i'm the guy at the beginning the other guy is the other guy. and i play drums.

welp, technically it's not hardcore, but its a two person screamo project me and my friend made. the recordings are super bad (made in a garage) but bear with it please give us criticism either good or bad.

http://www.myspace.com/counselorsteve

as i said its a two person band and we do two part vocals, i'm the guy at the beginning the other guy is the other guy. and i play drums.

well you've got the esoteric screamo band name down.

I like your friend's voice better

I think your vocals can use some variation, so that the two voices don't sound too similar. I also think your voice is a little "forced" (that's the best way i can explain that)

i like everything after 1:30

nice work

haha we tried to think of the most ridiculous name. we know a friend's little brother (given the most awkward kid ever), who went up to a group of cheerleaders at disneyland and said "i remember you, (with a long ass pause) from the bus." after seeing them at the bus. it kind of just stuck.

i can understand what you mean by being a little forced. i used to do vocals in a hardcore band and i kind of wanted to do something different with my voice, but maybe staying the same is the best bet. thanks for the input though.

yo my bands record just came out, show some love and buy like 10

http://www.derangedrecords.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=449

the deep wound comparison is especially hilarious/apt because one of my friends was ichatting with j mascis and played us and i guess he dug it

on the downside and on an un-hardcore related note i saw jeff the brotherhood tonight and they sucked, just needed somewhere to vent

NEW LOWS FINAL SHOWS

BOSTON:

7/19/10

MIDDLE EAST UPSTAIRS 9PM

RIVAL MOB

MAMMOTH GRINDER

NEW LOWS

DEAD BLACK

REVENGE

PHILLY

AUGUST 14

THIS IS HARDCORE FESTIVAL

NEW YORK CITY

AUGUST 28

SANTOS PARTY HAUS

NEGATIVE APPROACH

TESCO VEES HATE POLICE

MIND ERASER

NEW LOWS

+ Others

FUCK DAMNIT FUCK why is this band ending???

why do these shows rule

FUCKING FUCK

wow, sound & fury 2010 ended terribly. motorcycles and mosh pits don't mix. i feel sorry to have witnessed first-hand all the stupid shit that a certain group of kids could do to fuck it up for everyone else.

during backtrack's intro song a kid rode his motorcycle into the venue/pit and out the back door as security tailed him. when he got out security tried grabbing him, tipped his bike and a fight broke out between security and some kids. stun guns went off and mace was sprayed. one of my buddy's little bro got a face full of it. oh yeah and someone threw a trash can through a window. show over. it was seriously pretty awesome but i'm just bummed that the fest had to end this way. i doubt sound and fury will return next year, and definitely not in santa barbara at the earl warren which was a great venue.

there was an impromptu house show afterwards with backtrack, bracewar, tiger's jaw, and i think foundation. i heard the show got shut down before bane could play. had to miss it cause it was in bumfuck oxnard and my ride wasn't down.

I wasn't there, but basically some guy rode his motorcycle into the pit during backtrack's set and a small 'riot' ensued, people got tazed, cops came

pics and vids and an "anonymous account of the event from theb9" basically:

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/sound_and_fury_festival_canceled_after_riot/

4829987834b9f3692495.jpg

damn. it's always a couple of fuckwads that ruin it for everybody.

i can imagine it being some of those la hardcore kids that i see in videos a lot. you know those asshole types that don't have that much respect for bands or venues? but maybe i'm just pigeonholing it after i had to suffer for four days in shitty ass LA.

there was an impromptu house show afterwards

i heard this house show was fuckin amazing

no pix or vids online tho :(

those la hardcore kids that i see in videos a lot. you know those asshole types that don't have that much respect for bands or venues?

i know exactly what you are talking about...

theyre the same kind of people who instigate lakers riots

yeah truth. but i've been reading up on the situation and apparently the guy on the motorcycle had a silver wristband which meant they were part of the band or the crew. also there was a security guard that was on a total power trip (tried to force himself into a band's van and peppersprayed them) and was told not to come back on sunday. lo and behold, he shows up and he's the main instigator with the motorcyclist.

regardless though, NO ONE should ride a fucking motorcycle into a hardcore show and instigate stupid shit like that. people just want to listen to music, not be enveloped in a shit fest.

yeah the kid on the motorcycle was friends with some of the bands/crews at s&f (not from LA, pretty much local cats). the show could have went on perfectly fine after that incident but the security guards just didn't handle situation correctly and set off a bunch of pissed off hardcore kids; bad fucking news. the kid who rode the motorcycle is genuinely bummed that the show had to be cancelled though, good guy- stupid move.

and ya i'm fucking bummed i missed the house show. the whole situation makes me pissed and stoked on different aspects of the hardcore scene. some kids just have nothing better to do.

funny fact: the kid who rode the motorcycle was the original whopper jr. in the burger king commercials.

• 2 weeks later...

ENVY IS TOURING THE US.

ENVY - 2010 TOUR DATES

09/25/10 Baltimore, MD The Ottobar *

09/26/10 Philadelphia, PA First Unitarian Church *

09/28/10 Allston, MA Harper's Ferry **

09/29/10 Providence, RI Jerky's Live Music Hall **

09/30/10 New York, NY Santos Party House**

10/01/10 New Haven, CT Lily's Pad at Toad's Place**

10/02/10 Toronto, ON Sneaky Dee's**

10/04/10 Buffalo, NY Mohawk Place**

10/05/10 Pittsburgh, PA Rex Theater **

10/06/10 Cleveland, OH Grog Shop **

10/07/10 Detroit, MI Magic Stick**

10/08/10 Chicago, IL Reggie's Rock Club**

10/09/10 Minneapolis, MN Triple Rock**

10/10/10 Lawrence, KS Jackpot Music Hall**

10/12/10 Denver, CO Bluebird Theater**

10/13/10 Ogden, UT The Basement**

10/15/10 Seattle, WA El Corazon***

10/16/10 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theater***

10/18/10 San Francisco, CA Cafe Du Nord ***

10/19/10 Anaheim, CA Chain Reaction ***

10/20/10 West Hollywood, CA Troubadour***

10/22/10 San Diego, CA The Casbah***

10/23/10 Mesa, AZ The Underground***

10/25/10 Denton, TX Rubber Gloves***

10/26/10 Austin, TX Emo's Alternative Lounging (Indoor) ***

* Touche Amore, And So I Watched You From Afar

** Trash Talk, Touche Amore, And So I Watched You From Afar

*** La Dispute, Touche Amore, And So I Watched You From Afar

Their new record "Recitation" is coming out October 12th also, super excited. I'm going to the Santo's Party house date and tickets go on sale friday at noon, check out your local venue to see when the tickets are up, they WILL sell out.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I'm selling a bunch of stuff on Ebay and a lot of it happens to be hardcore stuff. Shirts/hoodies/crew necks from Shipwreck, Blacklisted, Guns Up!, Terror, Lights Out, Champion and a lot more. There's also some other stuff there that may be of interest to people on this forum, check it out!

http://shop.ebay.com/xanthonyx_cth/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

• 3 weeks later...