HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

No you're right, tri state area shows in general are more about violence than fun. I don't really know how I feel about it

yeah i can kind of see that. no hate on ANY of the kids, i love all hardcore kids everywhere, but the gilman really just had this vibe of love, while a lot of these shows i see in NY and the one i saw yesterday in philly, had just a lot of kids just moshing with no real regard for anyone else. dan yemin was the man when i saw him during paint it black's set though, he said for all the tough guy moshers to get the fuck out cause there was no place in their music to do that shit. i feel like too many kids find ANY opportunity to try to mosh even if it's kind of out of place.

i'm all for moshing and getting your energy out, but let's have more fun, and less violence.

really digging the new weekend nachos stuff

yo backing this. finally had a chance to check it out, and it's pretty damn good. i like the fact that it has some power violence elements but has the thrashy, hardcore parts with some even crusty influences (at least imo)

edit:

also backing the new new lows LP "harvest of the carcass". i saw them with nails and all pigs must die, and they were decent live, nothing spectacular though. the vocalist, p-boy was awesome, but the rest of the band just stood there motionless, lame. the drummer messed up a song too, they definitely need to tighten it up a bit and they'll be a force to be reckoned with. bummed that they didn't play "anguish" either, best track off the new LP.

yo backing this. finally had a chance to check it out, and it's pretty damn good. i like the fact that it has some power violence elements but has the thrashy, hardcore parts with some even crusty influences (at least imo)

edit:

also backing the new new lows LP "harvest of the carcass". i saw them with nails and all pigs must die, and they were decent live, nothing spectacular though. the vocalist, p-boy was awesome, but the rest of the band just stood there motionless, lame. the drummer messed up a song too, they definitely need to tighten it up a bit and they'll be a force to be reckoned with. bummed that they didn't play "anguish" either, best track off the new LP.

union pool show? new lows were disappointing ... APMD killed it. psychic limbs stage banter was gold

• 2 weeks later...
peep the new detroit diamonds track what a sound

http://soundcloud.com/doctormills/diamondsareforever

on tour this weekend in virginia, wilkes barre and nyc with rzl dzl, build and destroy and face reality.

i fuck with pretty much any band that shouts out their own name in their song. especially the first song i hear from them

i'm starting a record label; keep your eyes and ears open. more info coming... sometime

• 3 weeks later...
It's probably going to be another attempt at being really "different" but is going to end up just sounding like shit, like their last record. That's just my two cents though.

i thought it was alright, but i understand why people wouldn't like it. i would've much rather preferred something more like scared people..

who's going to KTD tonight?

i thought it was alright, but i understand why people wouldn't like it. i would've much rather preferred something more like scared people..

who's going to KTD tonight?

I don't like to be "that guy" but I haven't liked anything since Violence, Violence. I'm extremely picky when it comes to faster music like that though.

Is tonight KTD's last show? I heard they were breaking up, Eli is my dude.

ceremony's last record was sick. but the rage will always be fullest when KERSED comes on \m/

I still the the doldrums is the best song they've ever written, but yeah like, all 50 people in the room got on the tiny stage when they played kersed. Was pretty sick. Well, everybody but me I sat comfortably in the back behind an air conditioner hahahaha

To this day one of the wildest sets I've ever seen was Champion's last show weekend Ceremony played one of the shows and it was my first time seeing them. A shit ton of people from the bay were up and my friends from there kept telling me how crazy it was going to be, and I thought they were all exaggerating. That shit completely blew my mind, I've never seen so many kids freaking out at one time.