HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

Also, as a general rule of thumb, I refuse to listen to/respect any band or person who uses the term "HXC" (aside from the Cro Mags who used that "nxyxhxc" logo on the album...or atleast on the repress)...that warns me of a newfangled shitty, not necessarily straight edge, breakdown moshcore band (FUCK YEAH BRO!). The posterchild band to be shown playing "live" in an episode of Law & Order if they'd ever have to solve a murder in the hardcore punk scene.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, I haven't looked, but as much as I love Bad Brains and like the Supreme shirts, I can't help but feel this kind of disgust in the pit of my stomach that I'm going to see every rich shoe head teen sporting teen sporting a BB tee, claiming that they've always been into hardcore. These are the same kids that listen to a constant rotation of Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco and N.E.R.D. every single day of their lives.

verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry true and also veryyyyyyyy sad. If it didn't have the supreme logo on it they wouldnt buy it anyway. I would just feel weird wearing a band tee that I know nothing about.

verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry true and also veryyyyyyyy sad. If it didn't have the supreme logo on it they wouldnt buy it anyway. I would just feel weird wearing a band tee that I know nothing about.

I totally agree with you guys. And it's the same thing going on with Black Flag. There are BF shirts everywhere, I went in a very sketchy mall, and in the very sketchy skateshop there was a lot of Black Flag t-shirts, and I see them all around.

That sucks that bands/ things become kindda "trendy" when in fact they should be at the opposite, in a way, you know?

while i think it is kinda sad that some people are directly profiting off the legacy of others, I don't think it is something to be overly concerned with.

If a dude is rocking a Supreme Bad Brains tee as doesn't like Bad Brains, more fool them.

I think it's important not to be too precious about these things and focus more on what these bands mean to us, why we love them and how they make us feel rather than worrying about some fool devaluing their crediblity by rocking a shirt just for the sake of the trend. It's not like kids haven't been pretending to be into bands to look cool since day 1 anyway, this is just the next level of that.

Guest binaural
I totally agree with you guys. And it's the same thing going on with Black Flag. There are BF shirts everywhere, I went in a very sketchy mall, and in the very sketchy skateshop there was a lot of Black Flag t-shirts, and I see them all around.

That sucks that bands/ things become kindda "trendy" when in fact they should be at the opposite, in a way, you know?

well, i have to admit, i really like the Grey Ant "Black Fag" shirts.

while i think it is kinda sad that some people are directly profiting off the legacy of others, I don't think it is something to be overly concerned with.

If a dude is rocking a Supreme Bad Brains tee as doesn't like Bad Brains, more fool them.

I think it's important not to be too precious about these things and focus more on what these bands mean to us, why we love them and how they make us feel rather than worrying about some fool devaluing their crediblity by rocking a shirt just for the sake of the trend. It's not like kids haven't been pretending to be into bands to look cool since day 1 anyway, this is just the next level of that.

Truth...can't argue with that. It's just a gut reaction though...I guess being that some of us are "natural born purists" (hopefully not too heavy on the "elitist" side of things)...just like when you see kids from the 'burbs (notice I didn't just say "white" kids) try to act like they are from the inner city by switching the way they speak (slang and even accents) as well as their style of dress (and even music preferences) to fit the stereotype. You usually have to fight to stomach the sight of the facade/front (i.e. to stop yourself from outwardly calling them out on faking like that).

But alas, it's true, some kids just don't realize or understand...and they usually don't mean any harm, unless they get too cocky or pop some ignorant (racist/sexist) shit about it.

For anyone who is familiar with that youthcrew/hardcore sound...

1o1l2tlmUTk

"GROUP YELLS", "BREAKDOWNZ", ...

..also, synchronized moshing is retarded

Pulling Teeth http://www.myspace.com/pullingteethmd

does the 'heavy metallic hardcore' stuff well

Ry, you can't be serious...right?

Everyone do this for some fun:

click http://www.myspace.com/pairofdunks (listen to "Pair Of Dunks")

then click http://www.myspace.com/officerdownuk (listen to "Ammunation")

Both from 2008 demos right? Great. (some page on myspace featured Officer Down as the band of the week...why, i don't know).

Then go to http://www.myspace.com/citizensarrestnyhc (listen to "Serve and Protect")

And then go back and listen to AOF's "Prison"...

Now tell me, why do the first two bands even feel the need to exist...what's the point? Maybe they never heard AOF or CxA? Maybe they just can't muster up any material that is remotely original sounding (nothing is purely original I get that)?

IMO, they should just quit now, conform, and get salary-based jobs. What they try to do was done with integrity decades before they even picked up any instruments. I think people are just bored out of their minds and want a reason to spend money on records or go to shows...to listen to such cookie cutter punk.

Fuck.