Vancouver Meetup

Tiranis

Dude, go to Commercial Drive. Stuff is still pretty cheap there and you can hop the 99 or the skytrain wherever. I used to live there, it was nice. Great grocery stores. Now I live on Main Street. Pretty brutal competition for places here, but still cheaper than downtown. I only pay $500/mo, though I share with another dude.

Jobwise, I'd be surprised if J&O or Roden Gray were hiring, but if you have restaurant experience, then you should totally capitalize on that. Retail sucks anyway. I have THREE retail jobs and I'm still poor as shit.

J&O's blog still says they're hiring, I always go in there with the intent of asking if they'll hire me but that store is so freakin boring. I enjoy my deli work more than that.

There is a phone number for a basement suite for $690 in my school, I haven't checked the details but I'll check it out.

Currently in the Audio/Video industry--mostly residential whole-house systems, including high end theaters and house automation. I basically have 2 jobs--doing marketing and installation work when needed.

http://www.digitechcustom.net/

I plan on either sticking in this industry or, if possible, moving into some sort of forward thinking energy-related job, ideally. If anybody sees anything similar during their search, I'd love you forever you PM me with some info.

diamonds, you have restaurant experience? i could import my tradition of getting supergays busboy jobs out here. tips = jawn koppage. ask homi and hocus pocus. we pretty much tipped them out in paypal currency.

only experience i have is with electronics retail, graphic design :(

i applied at roden grey but i doubt i'll get called.

dunno what 2 do, :cool:

the girl with the glasses is kind of thick but the manager kim (I think) is cool. they're nice though. I never ever see anything I like in there.

Roden Gray is like half Nice Collective and there's that god awful heat lamp. My favourite store is easily Gravity Pope.

I love the smell of Komakino, and the employees know what the fuck they're talking about, but Gravitypope is a good place considering price, service, decor. Haven't been to Roden Gray recently.. Nice Collective?

the girl with the glasses is kind of thick but the manager kim (I think) is cool. they're nice though. I never ever see anything I like in there.

You don't like Engineered Garments, Band of Outsiders, Acne, or Robert Geller? Rachel Comey? Hyden Hoo? Hope? I can't afford to shop there much, but I love their stock.

And the girl with glasses seems ditzy, but she runs the LES gallery down on Powell and her boyfriend owns Superchampion (the track bike store). She's a player. She's also really sweet and interesting if you get to know her.

^Aren't there two girls with glasses? I think the one you're talking about is the chatty one who gets to know you on a personal level. The other one, when I was like "I don't think I'm gonna' buy this" demanded to know why not. I was pretty distressed.

raymond - take all homo requests to the toronto thread. sexual invites must pass clopeks inspection.

btw, where you workin at? ima come holla at you soon.

do vancouver peeps ever gang up and get blind drunk? i havnt been wasted since i landed. this problem needs to be adressed. whens alexs bday?

You don't like Engineered Garments, Band of Outsiders, Acne, or Robert Geller? Rachel Comey? Hyden Hoo? Hope? I can't afford to shop there much, but I love their stock.

it's just half nice collective and a lot of the geller is cruddy. you could do worse but I still don't like it. Also I do a big HEH at the thought of buying Wings and Horns there.

the vancouver sun classifieds suck moose nuts. im trying to avoid living in kitslano but it appears i wont have much luck finding anything else in my price range as quickly as i can find stuff here. which is strange since ive been told its the most expensive place to live other than waterfront downtown area. whateves.

i pay $870 for a one bedroom on Commercial Drive, it seems far from downtown but i'm 3 blocks from the train so it's about 10 minutes to granville station. 10-15 minutes on a bike gets you to downtown as well, its pretty convenient and a nice neighborhood though the dreadlock level is a bit fuckin disturbing