Would anybody take the blue pill?

i dunno, i mean i had stumbled upon sufu a ways back... but i was already posting /reading on NT and a local forum so i didnt think to make an account here.. id just @_@ look and read.... all in all i dont regret taking the way i have taken.

i mean i know i wil lhave to make decent cash to support my spending/lifestyle but im willing to work for that.

and to be frank i cant fucking imagine myself in decked out in like gap/ae/ abercrombie/oldnavy and shit.. for some reason

I concur with everyone's sentiments. Despite my wallet has taken a beating ever since joining SuFu and stumbling upon local shops like Self Edge (not a plug, I really did stumble upon this store), I've never been more happier or satisfied with wearing well-made denim.

Believe you me, after visiting "designer" fashion stores such as Bloomingdales or Diesel, I couldn't figure out why denim cost so much. They're not particularly well made, nor did it feel any different from Gap Jeans. Then after having a taste of raw denim and the great cut and fit of these jeans, I'll never go back or even check out "designer" labels again.

I'm glad that stores like SE and BiG, and a denim forum in SuFu exist or else I'd never feel satisfied with the usual clothes I buy.

I feel like I'm 'ruined' forever and could never just go back to Old Navy and Gap jeans. This has some possitive effects and probably a few more negative ones... Does anybody wish that they could go back to a simpler time before they ever stumbled upon Superdenim and got hooked?

i never wore old navy and the only gap jeans i ever bought were post sufu (cheap skinny stretch). my style really hasnt changed that much actually but i have styleforum/supertalk to thank for my julian reds.

I also am glad despite spending. Mostly I feel that I am investing in quality clothing that will last quite a bit longer than the crap they shill most places. My Sams are easily the best constructed piece of clothing I have ever worn and the extra money shows, where stuff like Diesel is still expensive and would only break down.

One day my children will inherit my rediculously faded Japanese denim and Loopwheeler sweats and wonder how things could last so long.

On a side note any martial artists know that uniforms made by Tokaido or Shureido in Okinawa last forever and also cost 3x as much as anything else. Quality counts, as my instructor is still wearing the same one he got 20 years ago.

^^

I agree with you too. Any other pair of jeans I have simply just don't compare to the quality of my sammys either. I think it's worth it to buy 1 or 2 pairs of quality jeans for around $200 each, than to purchase many pairs of shit quality jeans for around $50 each ;)

^^

I agree with you too. Any other pair of jeans I have simply just don't compare to the quality of my sammys either. I think it's worth it to buy 1 or 2 pairs of quality jeans for around $200 each, than to purchase many pairs of shit quality jeans for around $50 each ;)

Or buy a shit pair of for $200. Isn't that the going rate for most diesels, true religion etc...?

finding this place when you are a student hurts oh so badly, but it i like enjoying some quality products. which you have wear all the time, literally.

It's good and bad. Bad because it can be expensive. But mostly good, considering how long all this stuff lasts. Jeans, boots, belts, wallets, etc... asking some of the older members, do you have anything that you still use from you college/highschool days?

I guess for the most part it's been good, but you also have to take all of the SuFu beasting with a grain of salt. SuFu'ers can beast over stuff as much as other forums...

The most important thing I learned from here is that if you don't want to look like an ass, you can't fight your body type too much. Case in point: my flat asian bum (no matter how much I want it to) just doesn't fill out a pair of hardcore repros the way I'd want it to, so I'm weening myself off of the straight repro stuff and looking at more modern interpretations (Nom de Guerre, Skull, etc)

Considering I've wanted to get jeans like they used to be made (thick, durable, able to stand on their own...) for about 10 years or so, and just recently stumbled upon the premium denim world after a pair of jeans from wal-mart or target or wherever had the button fall out after the second wash, I don't think I'll ever turn back. I actually think that it'll help my clothing budget, because now I'll get something and have it last for years, instead of the aforementioned jeans strewn with defects.

i've been holding onto my gap, banana republic and lucky jeans for years, but i finally let them go recently when i moved. there's just no way in the world i'd go back to them. i don't even have enough time to break into all my good denim.

hmm. this is a really good question.

the money thing is not an issue, i would have just spent the money on something else.

the time thing is pretty big. i could have spent that time getting better at something or making more money, i guess.

the knowledge thing. i am glad i have the knowledge now but i know way more than i need to know about weaves, dyeing, jean construction, stitches, looms, history, myths, rivets, shrinkage, companies, etc., etc., etc. now that i've weaned myself off denim a little, i find the knowledge to be somewhat pointless and pretty much useless outside the domain of denim nerdhood.

one thing that i am for sure glad about, i am glad i met the people i've met through my discovery of denim. a couple of you guys have become good friends of mine and i'm still making new friends on here. some of you guys i haven't met but i consider to be pals of mine.

i think the last reason is the reason why i am glad i took the red pill.

hmm. this is a really good question.

the money thing is not an issue, i would have just spent the money on something else.

the time thing is pretty big. i could have spent that time getting better at something or making more money, i guess.

the knowledge thing. i am glad i have the knowledge now but i know way more than i need to know about weaves, dyeing, jean construction, stitches, looms, history, myths, rivets, shrinkage, companies, etc., etc., etc. now that i've weaned myself off denim a little, i find the knowledge to be somewhat pointless and pretty much useless outside the domain of denim nerdhood.

one thing that i am for sure glad about, i am glad i met the people i've met through my discovery of denim. a couple of you guys have become good friends of mine and i'm still making new friends on here. some of you guys i haven't met but i consider to be pals of mine.

i think the last reason is the reason why i am glad i took the red pill.

miz says it well :)

knowledge, people, those two are great things to have gained.

i still have my other jeans, they will be there when it's time to do a spot of house-painting or worse--you can't throw away good old jeans like that.

I'm glad I've learned so much about denim and continue to educate myself as well as refine my tastes. My only issue now is getting rid of my D&G, Versace, True Religion, etc. denim cuz I won't wear them anymore.

I have strong appreciations for things made the "old" way and like the fact that hardly anyone pays attention to my jeans. It's kinda like my own little treasure of knowledge that I get to enjoy every moment of every day.

Red pills anyday.

everyone has already said what i wanted to say

i think the type of people this site attracts are inherently the type of people who are more critical of products and life in general..

while some people may want blissfull ignorance, i've already tasted the apple (in this case made of denim) and theres no going back now