How to wear cardigans

Fuuma

I got this Sacai silk/wool cardigan that looks pretty cool unworn (hmm silk). I’m not a cardigan person and was wondering how I could wear it, I tried a very casual outfit but it looks too generic hipster for my taste; that’s not the look I’m going for. So any advice from the advanced cardi wearers? Paging Chris et other cardigan wearers.

Here’s a pic of the only time I wore it:

yesno1bkm0qe1.jpg

I wear a cardy most of the time in the chatWYWT, ive worn it with flowery shirts, printed tees and plain teas, looks best with a plain tee I think. I like em slouchy.

Fuuma, how you wear it now looks pretty good, maybe a simpler tee design in fufutre but apart from that, fit looks good.

I think the unbuttoned cardigan over a plain t-shirt with some low-slung jeans is a great, relaxed look. Rirawin pulls this off pretty well, imo.

What he said. Buttoned cardigans seem kinda grandpa-ish to me, unbottened and drapey is the way to go.

I'm not sure that cardy is working for you. It's a little timid, a little flaccid. Not the right style for the draped look you may be going for. At the same time not fitted/short enough to be considered clean/compact.

Without focussing too much on the actual looks/items depicted below, I see you wearing a cardigan as more of a layering piece in lieu of v-necks and vests/waistcoats.

img0002ly1.jpg