What degree do you have/are you studying for?

arem

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going into second year of York/Sheridan Bachelor of Design.

That's where I'd like to be right now. Yuljo, mind if I send you a PM to get some ideas about what is expected to get in? I fucked around at York for the last two years in IT, went nowhere, and am over at Seneca for DMA in September.

Yeah, i know a lot of people who double up with Religious Studies and something else. I focus mainly on Religious Philosophy / Theology, though, which has a lot of overlap with everything from classical ethics to epistemology to modern analytic thought and critical theory. It's a fairly comprehensive subject, if you study it properly.

I have a combined bachelor of Commerce (marketing major) and Bachelor of Arts (Journalism and Media Major)... I have no idea what I really want to do full time, currently I work in PR, but when I get back from overseas, I may even do some more part time study?

I am studying commerce and law (double degree)

absolutely killer sometimes, boring as hell but need to endure it for the next four years in order to practice as a barrister which is what I have wanted to do since I was about seven years old

Yo perledeculture which uni you at? I'm at melbs doing arts/law. Might have bumped into before.....!

I'm finishing off a BE/BSc, currently writing my thesis. I just got a job at an investment bank and I'm looking into starting an MSc Quantitative Finance next year.

hey Mr. K hows the thesis going?

let me know if u need anything from HK, i am still here atm

hey Mr. K hows the thesis going?

let me know if u need anything from HK, i am still here atm

Started writing last week, half way through my literature review; it's going bloody slow. I've got 3 weeks to go.

Want stuff from HK but no $, have to buy office wear/suits. Should have more dosh by the time you hit the States ;)

I didn't declare a real major until after my 4th year in college... spent the first two years drunk and moping around and then the next two drunk and moping around in a different country as an exchange student. I'd tooled around with Bio, English, Business, and Art though. Came back for my 5th year, realized I had to get the hell out, and then went with what I had the most credits in, which was business. I walked at graduation with 160 hrs so I got a double minor in Japanese and Korean too. I had a full-ride so I didn't spend much in the end for all of it, but I do wish I'd continued with Bio and done med school or something. I'd open my own clinic here in Korea specializing in something really vain like rejuvenation surgery or breast augmentation in a ritzy high-rent district and live in a world where every waking hour would be 20-something women's private parts.

My kid sister is a musical performance major, with a focus on opera. We don't know what to do with her.

lots of application in fluid dynamics.

i know.. at least once a day in the bathroom.. i wonder if anyone has ever tried to measure turbulent flow out of somone's ass. . if i ever got a masters, thats what my thesis would be "dependant on food: turbulent flow from from anus"

There's a 5 year gap between us and she's naturally theatric and probably bipolar so some weeks she goes from being devoutly religious, conservative, and clean, and then some weeks where she's probably doing whatever she can afford on a college student's budget (she didn't get any scholarships like i did, therefore, far less allowance from mom and dad for recreational activities) and talks like Al Franken or Stephen Colbert. Unfortunately I think it was one of those upswings when she was doing the whole conservative bit and she voted for Bush. People go to college, make mistakes and learn from them, I guess that was hers.

start to worry when you achieve laminar flow from your ass.

since u brought it up - every year a bunch of m.e. students get together and do the gallon challenge with milk. . . i didn;t think so much white water could come from someone's ass before. where r u studing your m.e at?

since u brought it up - every year a bunch of m.e. students get together and do the gallon challenge with milk. . . i didn;t think so much white water could come from someone's ass before. where r u studing your m.e at?

It doen't bother you that people die doing that shit?

Maybe it's like cigarettes, except less addicting and there's no benefits.

Last year of computer engineering. Wouldn't recommend the course to anyone, unless i hated them. Shit degree, shit teaching .. have only stuck it out to be able to call myself an 'engineer', for whatever that may be worth.

^Good luck when you graduate. My mate finished 2 years ago, he worked at Electronics Boutique, then now works for Macquarie bank in the Support dept. He works with his cousin at the same leve, who is younger and never went to Uni, or even a tertiary college. He's a bit pissed off right now.

But it all comes down to the individual and how bad you want things.

Last year of computer engineering. Wouldn't recommend the course to anyone, unless i hated them. Shit degree, shit teaching .. have only stuck it out to be able to call myself an 'engineer', for whatever that may be worth.

Engineers are awesome! A few of my friends have gone into development jobs, but you can always go into consulting. Look outside of traditional Engineering industries and emphasise your transferable skills.

Look outside of traditional Engineering industries and emphasise your transferable skills.

I have an industrial engineering degree and changed recently into law. The change hasn't been too difficult... law is quite analytical too, but you have to use words instead of numbers and charts. And you have to be persuasive, or at least sound like you are.

Engineers are awesome! A few of my friends have gone into development jobs, but you can always go into consulting. Look outside of traditional Engineering industries and emphasise your transferable skills.

That's EXACTLY what the plan is ... consulting / using the 'other' skills .