Broken twill anyone?

dino might

anyone know of any decent companies with broken twill jeans other than nudies? i know wrangler has some but i dont know shit about them. any japanese guys doing it?

if not, then what gives?

Invented by wrangler in the 60's. It's like a mixture of right hand and left hand twill. The weft passes over the warp at uneven intervals during the weaving process. This give the appearance of little "w's" instead of the diagonal lines on the inside of the denim. Broken Twill feels softer but still retains durability and strength.

• 5 weeks later...

This seems pretty thoroughly answered, but I'd like to add that cheep's 13mwz thread deals with Wrangler's most popular broken twill...keep in mind that you may not want to project that image.

• 5 months later...

hell yeah... now you start working Toshiko on it at ringxring too... she has to submit eventually

I will own 17oz slubby broken twill... I will I will I will

Then I need Eternal to make a looser model that isn't cut by a drunk man... (tried on their loose fit in the 811 denim... a mess... totally whacked)

And then I need... oh god... breathe... I'm getting work up... feel a nosebleed coming on...

I love broken twill too; just seen some great Mavericks round the corner form, ne, not in my size, sadly.

Broken Twill was aimed primarily to prevent twisting; it doesn't make any difference to shrinking, though. But on Wranglers etc, it's sanforized to prevent shrinking. Received wisdom is that broken twill is softer, hence its popularity on women's and kids' denim. it was aparently especially popular with cowboys because it absorbs starch well, which works as a kind of dirt barrier...

if im not mistaken this is broken twill right? http://www.indigofan.com/indigofan/lv/P1050929.jpg

hopefully its cool that i linked your pick trinket.

the whole post

http://www.indigofan.com/indigofan/labels/Louis%20Vuitton.html

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering something about broken twill: isn't it less durable than a straight up right hand twill jean? I would think that because you are disrupting the twill pattern, you are also disrupting the "strength" of the fabric (by which I mean its ability to resist tearing, etc.)

If so, it would seem that the softer hand has a trade-off...

• 3 months later...