Tony Hige's sorahikos

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my point is, one can only get to know a denim with living together for a good 6 months.

My first pair of SEXSC Canes have treated me like a king. Everytime I look down at these beauties embracing my lower half, I smile.

It's an amazing experience to wear a piece of art on one's body.

Personally, I have not been able to look at denim the same. In a way, it's depressing. There aren't many local people who you can share exerpts of your denim adventures with.

Waking up is fun, though. I get to brush my teeth, gag, then look up to see my brother proudly standing there in his F310s. At least we can both share memories. Who better than your best friend to be able to relate with in core interests?

-JF

i dont know whats wrong with me but those dont impress me.

i know sorahikos are supposed to be amazing, but i have seen apcs fade better than this and all apcs look the same.

please dont ever again compare apc's with sorahikos or any other 45rpm denim...

• 3 months later...

i would hope people shouldn't be afraid to buy one-wash denim. its still got plenty of indigo to work with, just less starch to work through. most people soak first anyway. starch isnt necessarily a denim-head's arch nemisis either.

I think the only thing I've heard bad with starching is its propensity to provide a moist/sugar-rich environment for bacteria to grow. That, and supposedly APCs and their ilk are starched highly out the door, thus giving great fades, but not really giving much durability.

Confirm/deny?

But considering the beauty of these Sorahikos....my goodness, I think I need to buy a pair sometime this fall.

• 8 months later...

i havent seen any of our favorite nipponese sufu brands worn for 2 straight years or more that havent been gawk-worthy.(regardless of wash regimen). a lot of denim masters will say that a year's wear is just getting started. miki tsujita says his jeans are best at the 5-year mark. the slowest-to-fade denim usually produces the best fades if the dedication is put in...burn those cursed nudie booklets!!!

i agree, i've had my eternal 811s for 2 years and a bit now, and they just get more beautiful. not that they're the slowest-fading denim or anything. but they've had on and off careless wear, the pants aren't with me now but they will be after christmas, and i look forward to having them again.

very good, viv. :)

i think this is why i tend only to think in terms of positive thoughts when i read the evolution thread. if it's something i like, i stop--if it's not something that catches my eye, i simply scroll past. "judging" a certain fade to be better or worse is a little presumptuous in my opinion. it's the experience of having worn it in that counts...the observer will never know that and so the only thing he has a right to do is to admire beauty, not discount something that doesn't fit into his idea of good looks.

Quoted for truth. There's an obsession here with the ultimate fade, when there's no such thing. It's the fact they're all so different that's the attraction. Even if you stick mostly with one brand, no two pairs really wear alike.

I love Tony's jeans because they've really been there. It reminds me that, as I've had access to more different jeans, I wear them for six months' solid, then wash them once and then only wear them occasionally. After my next washing session I think it's time to take one pair and wear them unto oblivion...

i havent seen any of our favorite nipponese sufu brands worn for 2 straight years or more that havent been gawk-worthy.(regardless of wash regimen). a lot of denim masters will say that a year's wear is just getting started. miki tsujita says his jeans are best at the 5-year mark. the slowest-to-fade denim usually produces the best fades if the dedication is put in...burn those cursed nudie booklets!!!

quoted ofor mad truth. this cat is like a fuckin monk of denim

anyone has cliff notes on how he wore/washed it?

He wore 'em like hell and he washed 'em when he felt like it. That is the point. All the paranoia about, 'I wore my jeans in the rain are they ruined?", or "I have baby vomit on my jeans what do i do?" is just... irrelevant noise.

(But of course we can't say that, it means nine-tenths of the threads on here are redundant).

I know Tony personally and he doesn't do anything special to them, though I've seen him rub his thighs a lot. The last time I saw him he was in the middle of working on some LVC's and RRL's. He actually schooled me on some denim when I first met him. I know his girl (don't if they're still together) wears actually vintage denim and her collection is pretty sick.

quoted ofor mad truth. this cat is like a fuckin monk of denim
i hope you meant miki-san. i will always be a noob in my mind...

''He wore 'em like hell and he washed 'em when he felt like it. That is the point. All the paranoia about, 'I wore my jeans in the rain are they ruined?", or "I have baby vomit on my jeans what do i do?" is just... irrelevant noise.

(But of course we can't say that, it means nine-tenths of the threads on here are redundant).''-paul T- paul isthe guru/otaku/monk listen to him when he speaks!!!