Let's talk about Black Hi Tops .......

Noddy

been posted before, but what does everyone think about these CPs

COMM-MZ17_V1-BIG.jpg

cant decide whether i should cop or not. how would they sit with skinny jeans?

anyone with some additional feedback / fit pics on these?

im definately leaning towards copping, just need some reassurance

you should be pretty tall and skinny (6'+) to pull off the high CP's, they're really rather tall, and really low profile.

im 6', 145lbs. so reasonably tall + skinny.

when you say low profile, do you mean the sole of the shoe is thin? or just the overall slim look of the shoe...?

what are soles/comfort like on CP? is there decent support? sorry for the n00b questions, we dont have CPs in Aus..

worm,

i can be honest now. ysl's rolling in my opinion are nice. the silouette is sleaker and more refined than that of the vans sk8 hi. the patents are nice, but the price point is alittle higher not to mention patent damages easier (signs of wear are more obvious). the regular soft leather rolling is very very comfortable (and age decently), whil the patent is not the most flexible (you can flex shit, but it fuck shit up). if you commit to ysl you are buying it more the the lable and the shoe's profile and their "hip" looong tongues. these are getting alittle played out in my circles, but if you live in a region that is not very fashion oriented and these units are hard to come by...then maybe you could break necks. for example i can't wear these in tokyo no more.

from day 3 i have been a big advocator of cps. great quality (soles=lavin soles), minimalist design that goes with everything. again, depending on where you live or where you'd wear them.

too me, cps have this sort of superfuture regiment connotation. anyway i don't give a fuck cause i probably bought them first. i could still wear these in tokyo. probably cool to wear to a hypbeast like function. maybe magic or some shit.

generic man is pretty much the same as cps in my opinion. quality wise i mean. price point is obviously similar 2. you might as well get these so that you can be one of the first few from sufu 2 cop. i like generic man. unfortunately the member "who" knew about them first, so i cannot 100% support the company...though i ordered a pair.

,my fingers hurt. now give me my fuckin rep.

read this.

i have a pair on the way. i'm sure i'll eventually post a pic wearing them, but t will probably be a while.

p.s. unban jmatsu

i have a friend who has these and he says they are really uncomfortable

i have a feeling you won't be happy with these, they are too high and patent leather = disaster

go with the mid tops if anything

i'm going to have to disagree with you, Carelli. i had the hightop patent CP's and they felt more comfortable than the mids. yes, they are high, but that's kinda the point, isnt it? maybe your friend just isnt used to it. i would've kept them if i didnt need the money for other things.

ok

10character

jmatsu you still got these around? you're like an 8-8.5 right? pm me if you got them, i might be interested in picking them up.

got them if you want them. 60bux plus shipping. thanks.

i think any facotry could build the y's sneakers very easily. they are nice shoes, but the silouette is super simple, while the sole is just dyed. i guess the pricetag was set upon name value and materials...

i have a friend who has these and he says they are really uncomfortable

i have a feeling you won't be happy with these, they are too high and patent leather = disaster

go with the mid tops if anything

friend is probably too short legged/stocky for these if they're too high... the high CP's are a couple inches higher than a regular high top, so they're less democratic than the mids. Comfort depends on how you lace them I guess, they're pretty nice feeling IMO. They need to be worn with gel heels or something like all leather-insoled sneakers though.

i wonder how much it actually costs all those guys that use that factory... every shoe i've seen from there seems to retail for $200+ ...

has anyone decoded what that little square box says or means on the middle of the sole?

The shoes that I've seen seem to be pretty hand-work intensive, those high CP's with the perforation on the toes have lead pencil outlines left on them from the construction process, and they all seem to be slightly 'off,' looking like they punch perforations individually and kinda eyeball everything...