Lost

broneck

I'm gonna say Jack get his choice of universes (sideways or island) and picks the sideways universe. I think the Desmond effect will be most profound on Jack. I think because of his "Jacobness" he will see from both side of the "Looking Glass" he'll see that everyone is at the concert, alive, he has a son, etc. I bet Juliette is the mother.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i mean...the show could not possibly have lived up to the hype of the mysteries introduced in the first few seasons. Anything that required mythology is going to be a hard pill for some people to swallow no matter what.

I like how some of the questions have been answered already (i.e. How did Whidmore find the Island? A combination of rumour, myth and folklore.) but in ways that we probably don't appreciate.

Still, it is a little sad that so much of the last moments were so wasted to what feels like unnecessary fluff when there really was so much more they could've addressed.

Lost...you will be truly missed.

Perhaps I am missing something, but after watching this past episode, the 'explanation' as to why they were on the island really bothered me. If we are supposed to believe Jacob at face value, that they were all just candidates to replace him, it lacks any kind of real conclusion that any single person in the group is 'special' or central in any core way. After all, with all of the groups that have been on the island over the many years, with all of the potential 'candidates' being selected, crossed-off, etc, it could have in fact been anyone. Especially considering that Jacob has supposedly always had candidates on deck, as the MIB could have used anyone in the past to successfully kill him, WHY this group? Why Jack? Despite Hurley's line 'I'm glad it's not me', (or whatever it was exactly) surely some out there would have been able to say 'Yes, I will do it.' The whole second half of the series has been devoted to going BACK to the island, but fuck, Jacob could have just brought a new group in at any time. If that's all the explanation we get, that is pretty lacking, in my opinion.

Damn it's all over! I'm actually very satisfied with how it ended...they did the series justice and all the imperfections of the "sideways" reality now make sense...it was all necessary consequence for their departed souls to move on...

The "realization" scenes were actually touching for me and the perfect way for people to remember all the good times/sympathize with the characters and their stories

Actually, I think the writing was pretty well done...They didn't cop out and make everybody die in the crash reality only to survive in the sideways...They ALL died yet still had a happy ending...

^Christian Shepard...I love how they have subtle hints throughout the episode (and still tried to represent all religions in the church at the end with the stained window, Buddha's, etc. all lying around) that I'm sure we'll all pick up on during re-watches...;)

So what was the point of the Dharma Initiative? Walt?

Flocke vs Jacob seems totally pointless now.

Whats the point of Ben and Hurley protecting the island when all the threats are dead.

Garbage ending, the sentimental realizations were nice, but having everyone live out a fake life and then meet up before heading to heaven is bullshit. The whole sideways reality was totally pointless and had nothing to do really with the main plot but setup for a happy ending.

yeah I agree that ending was garbage, but they really backed themselves into a fucking corner re: the island...I can't think of any coherent (much less plausible) explanation for it, it wasn't surprising that they left it hanging and ejected with some "hurf a durf god and heaven" shit.

hmm so the island was purgatory?

did they all die in the crash since they panned the wreckage at the very end?

did they all die at different times like christian said?

kate wasnt wear the black dress in the church.

was the church the same place that faradays mom had the pendulum? what happened to jacks kid?

im sad its over and the ending leaves each to interpret it however they want i guess.

satisfied with how it ended

hmm so the island was purgatory?

did they all die in the crash since they panned the wreckage at the very end?

did they all die at different times like christian said?

kate wasnt wear the black dress in the church.

was the church the same place that faradays mom had the pendulum? what happened to jacks kid?

im sad its over and the ending leaves each to interpret it however they want i guess.

satisfied with how it ended

the alternative reality was purgatory, whatever happened on the island was real. we just won't know how kate, ben, hurley, frank, miles, and sawyer die. the credits showing the wreckage at the end was probably just a little stroll down memory lane. everyone died at different times, because they lived on their lives in the regular timeline until whenever they died. they were stuck in limbo in the alternate reality until they all found each and were ready to enter "heaven" as one. i don't know how to answer your last few questions tho...

i liked it, but i still want more... i just didn't like how they led us on about watt, aaron, and jeong and then never explain it...

Why wasnt Nikki, Paolo, Walt and Michael at the church at the end, yet Libby was there. A few episodes ago they said that Michael's soul is trapped on the island and he became one of the whispers, yet Libby s there chillin at the end in the church.

Obviously, the religious allusions are going to rankle, but that's a distraction. Just focus on the quantum theory instead. I respect that they managed to turn something this outwardly dull into a pop culture phenomenon that ignited the kind of passion that people would ordinarily feel for the subject itself if they understood it. If you're dissatisfied with the answers, it's because you're asking Lost the wrong questions.

"Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it". -Niels Bohr

When someone has a small secret to keep, they scurry around in the dark, meet in basements, send coded messages. When it's a giant secret, the best place in the world to hide it is on a billboard. There's a reason people aren't going to be able to figure out what Lost is saying. Surprisingly, it's precisely because all the answers are right there, in the plainest language.