Lost

broneck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A theory I just read on eyemsick by netprophet that I could actually jump on board with to salvage the season:

"A new thought brought on by some old theories:

We know Jacob and MiB have been on the Island a long, long time. Certainly well farther back than the mid 1800's as seen in Ab Aeterno.

Now consider MiB's strong desire to return home. But to what? Whatever he had there is likely long gone, and it is likely a much different place than when he left it. So how can he ever truly get home again?

Well, we have seen a little time travel on the show. What if the talk about the plane and getting off the Island is all just a ruse? Maybe part of fulfilling whatever the rules are, maybe part of the proxy thing we saw with Flight 316. And once everyone is in their place, he slips back in time where he promptly kills Jacob before he ever is taken captive and brought to the Island. He goes home again.

Set aside the thought of grandfather paradox. Whatever happened in the Crash reality did happen. But MiB has circumvented this by also going sideways in space and time, to a world that is and will be virtually identical to his original home. Except for the presence of Jacob that is.

The Mirror reality with what Bigmouth and others consider to be its defining characteristic.

So Jacob never makes it to the Island to become its protector. It still has its natural defenses and uncanny ability to move about, so it remains no more than a legend for many years. Then, one day, modern science catches up with the bizarre physical properties of the unusual energy sources powering the Island's defenses. The U.S. army briefly locates it in the 1950's until it randomly blips off again.

Ultimately, though, a brilliant man perfects a way to track it down. Once this is accomplished, his backers at DHARMA set up shop and start exploring unchecked, no hostiles to deal with. With no one there to warn him, Radzinsky drills at the Swan site and all Hell does break loose. The Island slowly sinks and is LOST to the world.

The cork is out of the bottle, and darkness slowly permeates the Mirror reality. Expiration date: 10/23/04. Unless...

Certain people from the Mirror reality, doppelgangers of Jacob's candidates, can be made aware of what is going on. In this way, they learn from their own Crash reality experience about the Island and its importance. Maybe even how to put the djinn back in the bottle and cork it up. But it will take real sacrifice, perhaps even at the cost of the love that awoke them to begin with.

Just savin' the World."

Oh damn I just watched the episode and for some reason was actually emotionally moved this time? I guess it's just me...but I admit I got all palm sweaty when Claire was holding her gun towards Kate (thought they were gonna kill her off) which is funny because they are two characters I could care less about, and then I also got all emotional when Sun and Jin finally had their reunion which is even crazier because I never even cared about their story lines either....Maybe I'm just in bad shape but I forgive Lost for not being perfect, it's a tall order...

• 2 weeks later...

what the fuck's up with this season? besides the desmond flash sideways bit there's nothing interesting and there's no suspense anymore. they never really explained why sayid's a zombie and now the koreans die. the season finale better be amazing.

i doubt they are ever gonna explain that whole zombie-mode sayid was in....

and that whole c4 shit seems so random.

1st of all how the hell does some guy who is supposedly centuries old and spent that entire time on a fucking island (flocke) know how to make a timed bomb....

2nd so flocke just assumed that someone will get shot and that jack would actually go in the sub (which he really didnt want to) and that he will open his backpack trying to find some medical kit to help the person who got shot?

what the hell? i mean the timer said 3 minutes or something when they first saw the bomb. what if no one got shot and jack didnt open the bag until idk 40 minutes into the ride? then flocke's plan fails and everyone goes home am i right? so flocke just assumed all that shit was gonna happen to play it out his way? show has made a lot of holes and assumptions lately.