MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

Do this:

1. Download MainMenu here http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17111

2. Install it and it places a small button top right of your Finder bar

3. Under Rebuild choose Update prebindings

This reconnects you architecture up with all your new bits and speeds you up.

Then, once a month run the rest of the MainMenu options and you should be sweet.

Thanks for the information, has anyone had noticable improvement after running this?

I have the basic white Macbook. The main problems I've had are ... the bluetooth never works anymore (either a line through it or an x), and the battery dies extremely fast ... usually only lasts like 20 minutes. I just downloaded the battery firmware update, so hopefully that helps.

A couple days ago my charger started bugging out, it'll be plugged in but not charging at all, the light is just off. If I move the laptop around it'll come back on, really annoying. Not sure if that's a problem with the charger or the laptop.

anyone have this problem? i guess i have heavy wrists or something cuz the plastic kinda chipped on the edges. not only that, but the macbook is really sloowww. i shouldve gotten the mb pro...

IMG_1426.jpg

take it back in to the ungenius bar they'll fix it for you. i've had a ton of junk happen to my laptop like the hairs on the cd slot got fucked up, the pieces started chipping off of the palm rest, and my charger fried itself and they all have been replaced.

there's been a lot of dumb shit happening to my macbook since i updated with leopard. like like some of you have mentioned it's been super laggy and it's been fucking with photoshop like crazy. but i love the spaces thing.

hahha, I had ended up getting a black c2d 2.16ghz, I love this damn thing...just recently got an lcd hdtv in my bedroom and i hook this thing up to it and play bootlegs great...I use Mr Clean magic eraser to clean it from time to time, and thankfully I haven't had any real problems with it...I still need to buy the damn applecare though

Hey Goose, do you have any other tips on good apps for macbooks?

I have one of the first black macbooks, 2ghz 80gb hd. It came with 512mb ram, I have 1gb in it right now and it has a max of 2gb. I am going to go to 2gb of ram, what brand is the absolute best to use on the macbook?

Next question is about apps. What would you say is the absolute best internet browser to use as far as convenience and speed? Right now I am using Mozilla Firefox which is pretty damn good but I am curious as to whether or not there is something even better.

Also, I am using iChat for AIM purposes, is there anything better than this program as far as speed, features, interface, and compatibility with PC users?

Are there any other programs or add-ons that you would recommend that would make my macbook even better? I use it for school (business/accounting), downloading, playing a lot of music and movies, and browsing/chatting online...

Firefox is slow but has life-saving extensions / Safari is fast but it lacks features.

Crucial or OWC ram is good and reliable.

Fuck iChat. http://adiumx.com the reason why I switched to Mac.

Monolingual - Removes excess languages and deletes useless binaries for your computer (PPC or Intel)

Spirited away - auto hiding app

Quicksilver - another reason why life is so much easier on OS X

Anything more I'm going to charge a consultation fee.

take it back in to the ungenius bar they'll fix it for you. i've had a ton of junk happen to my laptop like the hairs on the cd slot got fucked up, the pieces started chipping off of the palm rest, and my charger fried itself and they all have been replaced.

there's been a lot of dumb shit happening to my macbook since i updated with leopard. like like some of you have mentioned it's been super laggy and it's been fucking with photoshop like crazy. but i love the spaces thing.

If you're using photoshop you should have known there'd be errors running off Leopard. You could upgrade the ram in it which might help with the lagging a bit, but why you'd even consider running something like Photoshop on a macbook without the max ram is beyond me.

Chipping on the Macbook is only something that's covered under the warranty so if you're out of warranty its around $300 to have it replaced. It's a flaw in the design but happens more frequently when people close their notebooks harder than is necessary since there IS a catching mechanism.

But what the hell do I know I work at the ungenius bar.

Guest Goose25
Also, I am using iChat for AIM purposes, is there anything better than this program as far as speed, features, interface, and compatibility with PC users?

Are there any other programs or add-ons that you would recommend that would make my macbook even better? I use it for school (business/accounting), downloading, playing a lot of music and movies, and browsing/chatting online...

I am agreeing with sidneylo on recommendations plus a couple more

-> big pain in the ass is mac-pc video chat so I use Mercury ( http://www.mercury.im ) to chat to people on msn with video, its clunky but does the job.

-> Accounting I use Filemaker and Excel, Filemaker wins over MS access in my book

Again, if you are downloading alot of music and videos run Mainmenu to remove cached files etc as they will slow you down

King of Prussia Mall?!?!?

My boy Elaun used to be 'round those parts. He's in Walnut Creek now.

Nah I work in Jersey down in the Promenade if you've ever been around there. I know a few of the people from KoP though. I did a recruiting fair with their manager about a month ago, good times.

For the record I should probably state that I'm still in training, but am looking to be the first genius put on for a new store in cherry hill, nj.

i have the pre-SR macbook.. planning to upgrade to 2gb ram soon but i've been putting it off cuz i'm lazy and poor (i know it's cheap..) being able to upgrade to 4gb would be great though. no real complaints though. the combo drive messed up on me, but a trip to the genuis bar solved that problem. i love my macbook - portable and everything flows so smoothly. my only grudge is that it gets so damn hot, especially when using it on your lap.