MAC SMALLS

MacBook.

u could try to return it to the apple store.

they probably would've switched it for the new model if you brought it in, I saw quite a few people do it when the new macbooks came out earlier this year. of course, its too late now

too bad i got it in hongkong.. the only good thing was it was like 200$ there since theres no tax

i remember that returns can be done if the item was bought within one month of the release of the new revision

Picked up the cheapest 11" macbook air for school today. I'm really glad I chose this over a cheap netbook.

just got the new 11" MBA w/ i7, this thing is so much faster than my 2009 base MBP.. it's my only computer now and it's doing a great job

man, just copped a wacom tablet for my macbook and by fuck, it's great. can't recommend it enough for anyone that does a bit of vector work.

Guest roastedchickenwing
i feel like a total retard after buying a 13" air 2 months before the new revision came out..

tell me about it..

for apple stuff, always buy when they have just released it.. thts when u get most for your $

i'd like to upgrade my RAM from 4 to 8GB. Can I grab just any old RAM? Or should I stick with a brand like Kingston?

I was just looking at the generic(?) stuff on crucial.com...

^ preferably it should be the same clock speed as what you already have.

^ ahh, okay cool. jargon though. how i do find out my clock speed?

i think the crucial website has a "find my memory" thing that'll tell you what you have

it's probably also in system profiler

Those of you running Lion: did you just install Flash Player or are some of you using those Flash to HTML5 Extentions/Converters? Not too sure what the pros/cons of either are.

I use the Youtube5 safari extension. I try to avoid Flash.

not sure if this is the right thread but cant find a general apple thread..

I have a late 2009 imac and am thinking of maxing out the ram to 16gb. has anyone else done that? when i look on crucial they dont seem to make packages for 16gb. do I just buy two sets of 8gb? none of the apple literature seems to be clear about it.. TIA

not sure if this is the right thread but cant find a general apple thread..

I have a late 2009 imac and am thinking of maxing out the ram to 16gb. has anyone else done that? when i look on crucial they dont seem to make packages for 16gb. do I just buy two sets of 8gb? none of the apple literature seems to be clear about it.. TIA

I'm pretty sure there are 4 ram slots so you would use 4x4gb.

I'm pretty sure there are 4 ram slots so you would use 4x4gb.

yeah the band imac we use for tracks on live performance has 16gb ram. same 2009 model.

anyone use bowtie with their itunes?

i just upgraded to lion (10.7.1) and album artwork isnt showing anymore even though it shows in itunes and was fine before the upgrade :/

found an update which supposedly fixes the issue, installed it and it seems to work pretty well but now i have two notifiers on the desktop and i cant get rid of the old one... how to get rid??

and 3 finger gestures dont work on the twitter app anymore CRY

anyone use firefox instead of safari on mac? thinking of making the switch, whilst i'm happy with safari, i'm finding most websites just show better on the fox. not to mention being able to view source easily.

I use the 'BetterSource' and 'View Style Sheets' Safari Extensions

but not as much as Safari's Developer window. Just turn that on the Preferences and you can right-click on any object and 'Inspect Element' and it's like Firebug. I like Safari/Safari's Develop window more than Firefox/Firebug, but mostly cause I'm just used to it.

As I design sites I find that most sites look better on Safari imo, but probably just because I design for Safari initially atleast because that's what I check shit with.

at work we tell mac users to use firefox (I would uninstall safari if I could) because it works better in general, and is WAY more supported with medical web applications. I have AJAX WYSIWYG text editors that work perfectly in firefox but won't even render in safari. :(

We dropped firefox at work recently as a supported platform due to security issues, and it was a headache for our IT guys. Chrome all the way.

at work we tell mac users to use firefox (I would uninstall safari if I could) because it works better in general, and is WAY more supported with medical web applications. I have AJAX WYSIWYG text editors that work perfectly in firefox but won't even render in safari. :(

true enough, there are some non html/css elements that have me open another browser cause safari doesnt like them, but not something I encounter often

I use firefox at work and at home, I have never been able to get on with Safari and I won't use Chrome just as a personal thing because it makes me feel less 'watched' by Google, although I know that any actual privacy on the internet is a total myth anyway.

I use Chrome for regular internet browsing cause its "light weight" but I use Firefox for videos cause its got better extensions and adblockers :)

To any of you who (like me) are nervous to use chrome due to the google connection, try chromium:

http://www.chromium.org/

Chrome is actually based upon an open source browser called chromium. They're identical except that chromium is updated more often (read: more bug fixes more quickly) and has nothing to do with google. Also doesn't come bundled with a few plugins like java, flash or a PDF viewer inline. All of which can be easily enough corrected.

I use chromium and love it