MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

no need to worry about that, once the indicator light on the magsafe turns green, it informs you that the battery is fully charged and that you are currently in AC power mode, it does not overcharge the battery

that's what i figured. it says charged on the top right hand corner...

thanks

i want to partition my external hd so that i have half to dump random tunes, vids, etc. that i don't want taking up space on my internal. i understand that i need to erase before i can partition.

problem is, i'd prefer not to lose my time machine backups. can i simply drag the backups.backupdb file from the hd, dump on my desktop, then simply place back on the hd after i've erased / partitioned? time machine gonna work all sweet?

i want to partition my external hd so that i have half to dump random tunes, vids, etc. that i don't want taking up space on my internal. i understand that i need to erase before i can partition.

problem is, i'd prefer not to lose my time machine backups. can i simply drag the backups.backupdb file from the hd, dump on my desktop, then simply place back on the hd after i've erased / partitioned? time machine gonna work all sweet?

can't you just do it through disk utilities?

as long as you have free space, you can make a new partition and mount it as a new drive

^ ahh, i'm not certain but i'm pretty sure you need to erase in order to partition. even says so in disk utility - to erase and partition the selected disk...

further to this, if i wanted the the non-TM partition to be windows compatible, i format in FAT32, right? any downsides to this format?

^^ Honestly, the whole angle of 'it's not for gamers' is absolute rubbish these days. Most Macbook Pros have stand-alone graphic cards and blazing processors. Even the iMacs have decent numbers, and if you're running a Mac Pro, you can run Crysis 3 and still have room left over to plow through video edits.

Add to that Steam for Mac, Bootcamp if you're utterly lazy, and the fact that virii for Mac aren't quite widespread, it's a pretty attractive platform for people who do real work 9-5 and then want to wile away a few hours playing SC2 or something similar.

On a more serious note, has anybody played with the new 27" cinema displays? I'm beasting for one, but don't really need it but ... uh, this is superfuture and all that. Matte v. glare?

anyone ever bought a skin or hardshell case for their macbook pro? I was considering a wrapsol for the one i just got, but the wet install is making me apprehensive. Would love a wood grain skin though

would also love to calibrate my screen to start using this thing for some photo work, but of course, that would be another $200+ for the hardware and software...it never ends :(

anyone ever bought a skin or hardshell case for their macbook pro? I was considering a wrapsol for the one i just got, but the wet install is making me apprehensive. Would love a wood grain skin though

would also love to calibrate my screen to start using this thing for some photo work, but of course, that would be another $200+ for the hardware and software...it never ends :(

i got an invisible shield for my macbook air. it went on perfectly fine. just dont be stupid and pour like a whole glass of water onto your shit....

and just another xy, you rage hard on the appleboy steeze man. haha

^^^ Applecare is for 2 years, so it makes sense to buy it close to the date after the 1 year. I stand corrected.

and just another xy, you rage hard on the appleboy steeze man. haha

Haha, I rarely actually buy Apple stuff, this Air was the first purchase in 3 years. But I uh, keep kinda informed of all the latest updates, sadly. :( Apple window-shopper.

When are they gonna release the new iMac?

It's been a while and i need a new one BAD.

iMac is the desktop.

I accidentally wrote "macbook" in my original post.

When are they gonna release the new iMac?

It's been a while and i need a new one BAD.

I'm waiting for the new iMac as well, been deciding between Macbook Pro or iMac. Portability is not priority for me, which is why I'm waiting for the new one, and as for gamers, I know too many people who are on WoW on their Macbook Pros haha

anyone in here ever upgrade their graphics card? i just bought counterstrike source and my GMA 950 card wont work with the game. bummer. also; you guys ever calibrate your screen? just calibrated mine and it look so much better!

I'm assuming you're talking about wanting to upgrade the graphics card in a MacBook/MacBook Pro/MacBook Air. The answer is you can't. In fact, I think the only Apple machine that you can manually upgrade the graphics card is the Mac Pro and your options are limited at best.

Also, is there a need to calibrate the color of your screen? I thought all Apple displays (laptops and displays, proper) had their own ColorSync profile provided by Apple. I was under the impression that you would only ever have to calibrate your screen if you were using a display from another manufacturer, such as a Dell monitor or something. I know nothing about this topic though.

just copped the new 13" i7 with 8gb ram and 750gb hdd. easily the best purchase i've made in a long time... so fast and portable, i should of made the switch sooner. got a free 8gb ipod touch and printer too! any recommendations for newly converted mac users? applications etc.. any info is appreciated!

Bootcamp, you fucker.

Or just insert the windows 7 CD and boot from it, erase the MacOS partition and go. :)

Of course, you could have spent 40% less on a different hardware platform for that and then run MacOS inside a VM. :-D

i couldn't use bootcamp so i booted on my system backup and created a ntfs partition, then put win7 dvd in the mac mini and installed it. works just fine.

just copped the new 13" i7 with 8gb ram and 750gb hdd. easily the best purchase i've made in a long time... so fast and portable, i should of made the switch sooner. got a free 8gb ipod touch and printer too! any recommendations for newly converted mac users? applications etc.. any info is appreciated!

This probably isn't along the lines of what you are looking for, but the first two apps I install on any computer (Macs at home, or PC at work) are:

1. Dropbox

2. 1Password

Dropbox to sync files on the cloud (yeah, I went there) and share shit with friends.

1Password to manage all my passwords. Seems like a dumb thing to pay money for, but I swear by it every time I use it. And if you're not overly paranoid about security, you can sync your 1Password file on Dropbox so that you can have your passwords on all of your machines.

Speaking of buying new computers... you can usually find some crazy deals on refurb Macs at the Apple Store (online). If you want the best deal, check what they have in stock when they go through a product refresh.