NBA Basketball

hamham3001

Lol @ trying to justify bad officiating with some arbitrary claim that your team got it the worst. How'd you even go about measuring that? The most time spent in recent playoffs without a title?

i guess you didn't watch the 06' finals. Mark Cuban is a great GM but his constant criticism of the NBA and D. Stern has done more harm to the Mavs than good.

Its really annoying when only one team in a game is allowed to play gritty physical defense. NBA teams should hire private detectives to scout these refs and see if they're calling games close to earn some good cash.

i assume you are being sarcastic about the refs earning cash. if your not, then I guess you haven't heard of Tim Donaghy. I'd post the 60 minutes interview but it looks like the NBA took those down...

OR MAYBE.....it's the league that's pulling strings???????

j/k.

kings 2005 champs

don't you mean "kings 2002 Champs" b/c they def got screwed that year in the Western Conference Finals...this VIDEO is a bit dramatic but outlines the "conspiracy".

Every knows about Donaghy. I'm just suggesting something needs to be done to hold these Refs accountable.

yea i definitely agree but i've come to realization that is not going to happen. Well not from Stern since he is the ringleader. The fuzz can't do anything b/c it's not illegal to fix games in your own sport. Just look at wrestling...

Now betting and gambling w/ ties to the Mafia (al la Donahy) is a little different...

Some really good points being made in this thread. But, as someone who's a fan of the game, and doesn't really have a team, I'm just glad the playoffs are off to a really good start. The last two days have had some really exciting games. The energy has been like college ball.

^that's kind of the problem right?

Anyhow, while as a blazers fan I get some tiny pleasure knowing that Crawford being the lead ref tonight will likely result in a win for us it's disappointing as a fan if watching good basketball in general...

The fact that close games get decided by refs and the league shamelessly counters by tossing in a guy to "even the series" is depressing and makes me almost not care who wins... If the blazers win it will have something to do with crawford, and everyone will be talking about it, if they don't... Well then fuuuck.

thunder/nuggets game affected by that non-call on basket interference.

knicks/celts game affected by 2 bads calls against NY- non-call on moving screen by garnett and charge on melo that was a clear flop.

pacers get shafted every night- esp last night with that non-existant charge on hibbert

those have been the only series I've watched so far but jesus, every game has some absolutely terrible calls in the last 1-2min of a close game

thunder/nuggets game affected by that non-call on basket interference.

knicks/celts game affected by 2 bads calls against NY- non-call on moving screen by garnett and charge on melo that was a clear flop.

pacers get shafted every night- esp last night with that non-existant charge on hibbert

those have been the only series I've watched so far but jesus, every game has some absolutely terrible calls in the last 1-2min of a close game

Definitely bad calls all around thus far. But, there were a few phantom fouls called on Noah last night. The problem with NBA officiating is that there can be a foul called on nearly every damned play. So, when your team eats a shitty or ticky-tack call, you develop a hyper-awareness of everything that happens when they're in the offensive end. Like everyone else, I hate to see bad calls effect the outcome of a game, as they did in the first games of both the Boston-NY and Denver-OKC series.

david stern is hating all this mavs-crawford business right now.

really excited for the game.

still got mavs in 5.

(and no, I wasn't trying to say that the mavs being the target of shady officiating makes up for bad officiating in any instance...I was just saying stop whining :))