NBA Basketball

hamham3001

Laker's fans in general have always been fairweather fans who've felt entitled to winning.

Now it seems, after 2 years, and one "lucky" 2nd championship, the Lakers are adopting the same attitude.

They were bailed out so many times last season in the playoffs, yet they play as if they've forgotten that fact, and that the championship is an automatic.

Still a fan, but damn...

No way is that wade shit a travel (coming from a Wade hater). If anything they could have called him for palming when he hesitated at the 3-point line but it wasn't really a palm and that will never happen...

JUST KIDDING IT HAPPENED TO KOBE IN GAME 1.

GO MAVS

It didn't seem right to me at first. So taking a closer, when his last dribble from left to right before he did his steps, his right leg was his first step (0:15ish) and he picks up the ball.

He then uses his left leg to fake right, then does his 2 steps (right, left)

were the Lakers fans really booing their own players?

i thought the commentators got it wrong, and that the fans were booing some plays where fouls werent being called

they were booing the calls and the players.

and why is artest winning citizenship awards? same dude that went ham on some fans a few years back. just doesn't seem right.

For the most part, they were booing Pau.

Off the top of my head, they started booing him after some POOR defensive plays where he literally just stood there with his hands down, when he didn't go after a bad pass that he could have intercepted if he had even TRIED to jog/hustle, a couple of missed free-throws, and weak, and I mean WEAK finishes. One resulted in Stevenson blocking his shot (though to be fair it was a light foul).

You have to understand, Pau has been given the benefit of the doubt by these "fans" for quite a while now. First it was blamed on bad timing, then a sickness, and now no one knows wtf is happening and are just frustrated. IIRC, he actually started going downhill fast after the comments about him being "soft" resurfaced. The guy's demeanor was pretty pathetic today though. At times literally looking sorry for himself and pouting.

a couple of thoughts

- pau has definitely earned his title of being soft. dude looked completely listless and lost out there.

- the lakers apparently forgot how to shoot 3's

- lakers have always had trouble with talented PG's, and to make things worse, no answer for dirk (who's playing out of his goddamn mind right now)

been a laker fan my entire life, but damn that shit was hard to watch.

no answer for dirk (who's playing out of his goddamn mind right now)

He's playing how he's played all season and most of his career, dude. Nothing that special from Dirk tonight. Shooting a good percentage, but 24 and 7 isn't "out of his goddamn mind" by any means.

Shooting threes is about the only thing the lakers seemed to be able to remember how to do this game. Making them is a completely different story.

horrible loss today. i am a true laker fan. i see on my twitter/facebook is full of laker hate from fake ass laker fans. so fuck you guys. i still believe we will make this a series.

Expecting the Lakers to at least make a strong third quarter run in game 3. But I also wasn't expecting game 2 to look anything like it did, so what do I know?

what about the artest close line

I hate these lakers and kobe, but definitely got love for artest. He just got frustrated and wasn't thinking. Just glad Barea didn't get hurt worse...and definitely won't argue with a suspension, if that's what happens. JJ looked awesome in that game, but I couldn't help but laugh when Carlisle benched him as soon as he took that dumbass three 4 seconds into the shot clock.

peeps in DFW dustin' off the Dirk jerseys

;)

WHOOO WHOOO EVERYONE ONBOARD BANDWAGON

Definitely fine with people jumping on late this season. Hope it means AA Center will be louder than usual Friday. Mavs deserve it.

i know but one can hope

theres a better chance of a brawl in the laker/mavs series....

Mostly unrelated, but I love Matt Barnes's dumb ass riding the bench after his solid contribution to his team's effort (0 pts and a turnover in 10 minutes). I hope he's in at the end of a game when we're up double digits so Cardinal can come in to show him who is really getting "punked" here.

LA is finished. Period.

Bulls -- my Bulls -- are beginning to worry me. Boozer playing like hell, Korver having difficulty finding a rhythm again, Rose seemingly reluctant to go hard to the basket on his bad ankle, defensive rotations a step slow. We can't play like this and expect to beat Miami.