Uniqlo UT Project

onemancult

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So check it out...the other day, something occured to me whilst in the 'Qlo....

maybe there are no Terry tees

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

I feel like I haven't actually seen one.

ever.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Their is however a book of his pictures of people wearing Uniqlo t's that costs 50 bones and comes all shrink wrapped up. Since I didnt look inside, I have this special feeling that it's basically just a hardcover ad for Uniqlo, and thus I don't give a fuck about it.

Their is however a book of his pictures of people wearing Uniqlo t's that costs 50 bones and comes all shrink wrapped up. Since I didnt look inside, I have this special feeling that it's basically just a hardcover ad for Uniqlo, and thus I don't give a fuck about it.

i let my fingers do the purchasing of this fine tome, get me?

its all basically the same pictures from the recent Uniqlo Paper, plus more.

definitely not worth 50 bones.

nicely produced book though.

Yeah, I figured....

I knew I'd seen those somewhere, but not in the catalog, or the store...

And OMC...

They had a 149.99 Daido Moriyama book (priced wrong?) up in there I was thinking about "Finder-walking" out the door, but I got kinda soft the past few years, and don't really do that no mas, so why re-start now.

according the the UT Store in harajuku, the terry t-shirts were a limited run exclusive to the harajuku location and the japanese on-line store - two of the three are sold out with only the 'pig' photo shirt still available, but only available on the japanese on-line store

the pantone shirts as well are thus far limited to the harajuku store only

according the the UT Store in harajuku, the terry t-shirts were a limited run exclusive to the harajuku location and the japanese on-line store - two of the three are sold out with only the 'pig' photo shirt still available, but only available on the japanese on-line store

the pantone shirts as well are thus far limited to the harajuku store only

Thanks for clearing that up...

(FUCK!)

i was at uniqlo today and one of the managers told me they were getting about 50 new designs this coming tuesday "in these little tubes" and that the terry richardson ones were supposed to be in there. i asked if it would be in a vending machine and she wouldn't tell me.

after that she denied me when i asked for a box of paper #2.

as for the pantone shirts, its a cool concept because i'm a design dork, but in the end its just a AA highlighter shirt.

i was at uniqlo today and one of the managers told me they were getting about 50 new designs this coming tuesday "in these little tubes" and that the terry richardson ones were supposed to be in there. i asked if it would be in a vending machine and she wouldn't tell me.

after that she denied me when i asked for a box of paper #2.

as for the pantone shirts, its a cool concept because i'm a design dork, but in the end its just a AA highlighter shirt.

Note to self, check Uniqlo Tues./Wed. for shirts in canisters.

lol that one dude here sold his uniqlo paper for 10 shipped...in a box theres probably like 25...hmm thats alotta profit haha

see ya'll there on Tuesday then ha

what the... i'm about to head over there and grab a box to ebay...

the shelves aren't real vending machines, they're actually called "reach in shelves" - you literally just reach in and grab a t-shirt - the shelving is quasi-vending machine like in look and inspiration as they have a LED text under each tube to identify the style number of shirt on that shelf, but that's it

there is no button to push, they don't fall down to a bottom collector like a food vending machine does or anything like that

it's still very cool way to do a display though

here are some photos from my visit last week to UT

UTexterior2.jpg

UT Store exterior view

UTinterior1.jpg

UT Store interior main floor

UTinterior9.jpg

UT Store interior second floor pantone t-shirt display

UTcontainer1.jpg

UT Store packaging

i thought "UT" was in silver but i can't recall now, maybe it was gold ....

but in any event, i tried to buy one from one of the employees but they aren't allowed to sell them and they don't exist for retail purchase

oh well

one could always get one made on a pantone shirt

Thanks a lot for those pictures, I am now jealous. I don't know why this concept is so appealing to me, but it just is. Canisters... the future... cheap tees...

the only thing they could improve upon would be if the canister made this futuristic

air valve release sound, like I just busted the hatch on a spaceship or some shit.