Va. Tech SF'rs

Carl

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ridiculous. i just updated my blog about this with my feelings about it.

if anyone cares to read.

http://sexasomniac.blogspot.com

it really saddens me the fucking people on this earth. i really feel for those families and fellow students for those who have been lost today. a real tragedy.

I only have one buddy whos an engineer at vatech and thank god he's a slacker and didn't go to class. This whole situation is beyond my comprehension. I'm glad I go to one of the few schools in this country where our campus cops are allowed to be armed to the teeth.

I know supertrash is the place to argue and talk shit, but in reverence, maybe we should be a bit more respectful on this thread.

Quoting Pennglock from Styleforum

word, but how did one dude kill that many people?

word, but how did one dude kill that many people?

yeah i just heard about this and turned on the news. it must have been more than one guy, no way just one dude killed 30something people. where the hell were the cops? maybe he had an automatic weapon?

this just break my heart... unbelievable.

whatever the motive, there has to be another way to cope with life's pressures than to kill a bunch of people, you know?

thoughts and prayers to friends & families of those poor people...

This is unbelievable. They didn't even shut down the school. I realize that it was originally thought to be a "isolated incident" but with the shooting in 2006 I can't believe they didn't lock down. I know this sounds cold but Virgina Tech is going to be paying for this for a long time. The lawsuits from those poor families are going to start pouring in, what a mess.

unbelievable.

i live in a suburb of washington d.c. and not only are about half the kids in my senior class going to virginia tech next year, i touched base with alot of the kids at tech who actually heard gunshots. one guy i talked to got up to go to class at norris hall, heard the gunshots, and turned around and went straight back towards his dorm.

just unbelievable.

My cousin's on the VT band but thankfully is currently in California for some student exchange thing I think, but his friend wasn't so lucky. RIP

This event close to home reminds us of all the senseless violence going on in around the world. Who would have thought an Asian man would go around shooting people...

The security at my college isn't that good...stuff like this could happen here also.

yeah i just heard about this and turned on the news. it must have been more than one guy, no way just one dude killed 30something people. where the hell were the cops? maybe he had an automatic weapon?

One dude killed 35 with some semi automatic rifles in my country a few years back.

i heard they're still trying to figure out the identity. he didn't have any identification on him, and i don't think the police will release pictures of him until later, or ever.

it was a pretty sombering experience listening to an interview with an eyewitness in the classroom on the radio. let's hope this kind of thing will never happen again.

I am so sorry.

I am at a bit of a loss for words at the moment.

If there is anything anyone of us at SF can do please feel free to ask.

Very kind words.

This is extremely tragic, hopefully some sense (however miniscule) can be made of this in the coming days.

My thoughts go out to all those affected.

US Gun Laws 1, Common Sense 0.

So with stricter gun laws this kid would not have been able to get any guns? If he is determined enough to plan out a mass murder such as this, i'm sure he would posses the necessary resolution to accquire a banned/outlawed/illegal gun somehow.

Guest itsmeJT
So with stricter gun laws this kid would not have been able to get any guns? If he is determined enough to plan out a mass murder such as this, i'm sure he would posses the necessary resolution to accquire a banned/outlawed/illegal gun somehow.

people shouldn't be allowed to have guns.

gun policies in the us are just lunacy

The guns were illegally obtained, the serial numbers were rubbed off. This is one of the few times where you have to aknowledge that gun laws had nothing to do with it. This guy was quite obviously nuts and if he couldnt get a gun he probably would have improviced a home made bomb or something.

Personally, I blame video games and Marlyn Manson.