Full Skinny Suit

Aku

im still really really regretting not buying the APC suit on sale at Blackbird :(

btu im in a similar kind of sitaution and theres no H&M near here...but im really interested in Thick as Thieves so probably sometime within the next couple months, ill order. thank you everyoe for the info!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im still really really regretting not buying the APC suit on sale at Blackbird :(

btu im in a similar kind of sitaution and theres no H&M near here...but im really interested in Thick as Thieves so probably sometime within the next couple months, ill order. thank you everyoe for the info!

H&M is looking to put a store in the area! H&M or Zara would make so much money in Seattle.

Look on Yoox.com

I ordered a Costume National suit for under $600 last week and am VERY happy with it. I'm just looking for an excuse to take it on a test strut!

H&M is looking to put a store in the area! H&M or Zara would make so much money in Seattle.

Look on Yoox.com

I ordered a Costume National suit for under $600 last week and am VERY happy with it. I'm just looking for an excuse to take it on a test strut!

yeah, i heard theyre putting a H&M in bellevue somewhere in 2008, hopefully...but not sure if its a decided thing. i know theyre also putting a Neiman Marcus there too

edit: jesse, how do the pants measure on those suits? 36, 38...? and why are they all so cheap @_@

(^ Call chi girl and ask her out for dinner. Then you can strut your suit. And make sure she pays for her food. )

That girl stopped returning my calls~

btw how the hell did you know about that?! haha

edit: jesse, how do the pants measure on those suits? 36, 38...? and why are they all so cheap @_@

I bought a 38 and had to let out the seat about an inch. Waist was about 32". Italians must have no asses. I'm not sure why their suits get discounted so deep, but for some reason they do. I think it's just because Costume National isn't a brand-whore favorite like Gucci, Prada, etc. that will hold their high price because of the name. The quality though is very very nice. I totally recommend taking advantage of that discount.

depending on your budget - H&M is alright, Zara is good (not my thing), Kenneth Cole Reaction seperates are good (you gotta be able to walk into them though), and TopShop is always an option for you all on the other side of the pond. if you've got the money though - dior homme, burberry, zegna, etc. etc.

i just got a Kenneth Cole suit, a tad baggier, but i had the pants completely redone, so its quite a fitted look. you can always go on ebay and buy vintage, or used, or NWT from last season or something...

it would be nice though if skinny suits came back into full-fashion again. i was talking with a friend of mine whose a tailor (much older than myself), and he said the problem with american's and their suits are that they are too concerned with trying to not look fat and getting boxy square cut suits (no vents usually) than getting a slimmer suit and having it tailored out to the appropriate measurements for their bodies. the problem is, no one wants to look bad in an unflattering suit, but their willing to buy an unflattering suit and tailor it to death. in reality, you should get a suit that fits you well from the moment you put it on, and make changes from that basic fit. i had the pants on my KC suit completely thinned out because i'm tall and skinny. they were long and baggy. i had them taken apart and resewn ($90 later...) to my exct specifications. people shouldn't be afraid to try and look slim in a slim suit. their too concerned with looking slim in a baggy suit.

sorry ive been dwelling on this for a while, its very hard for me to find suits/clothes that fit. i wear a 44XL... but i buy 44L so you can see my problem with the garment industry - there are big people out there, make suits for us too!

and don't bring up big & tall, its never an option. most unfashionable, lamest place next to bob's. but i do like bobs.

depending on your budget - H&M is alright, Zara is good .....

You have some good points. My body isn't perfect either but, my GOD, a tailored slim suit makes me look 20 pounds lighter and makes my chest look huge. Buy a suit thats made to look slim. Tailoring a traditional sack suit with pleats to look fashionably slim is not the way to go and is kind of an abomination.

The only options I changed on my Thick as Thieves was sleeve length and trouser length, and I asked for 1" skinnier around the waist, so even though it's technically MTM, the fit right out of the box is pretty much the same.

Jason does some great work. I'm so pleased with my suit, I plan on picking up 2 or 3 more before the summer is over.

i have a summer wedding to go to, one of those formal/non formal deals and just picked up an H&M linen suit for under 100$. quailty is so-so, probably a one off deal, but the pants are really slim and the cut of the jacket is decent. need to tailor the arms, but otherwise, for under $100, a great deal.

i have a summer wedding to go to, one of those formal/non formal deals and just picked up an H&M linen suit for under 100$. quailty is so-so, probably a one off deal, but the pants are really slim and the cut of the jacket is decent. need to tailor the arms, but otherwise, for under $100, a great deal.

Ha that definetly sounds like what I need, cheap.

hey guys,

someone mentioned suits in sydney?

I need a new suit for the end of the month (in sydney).

I was going to order one from Thick as Thieves, but I dont think it will come in time (2-3 weeks to make+shipping).

So whats around?

Skinny is a must,

Would like to spend under $600

• 4 months later...
hey guys any recommendations on getting a suit in sydney? I have no clue where to start.

In my opinion, Herringbone provide the best value suits available locally in Australia. Their meterial choice and construction is on par with much more expensive suits such as Zegna and Paul Smith.

I like their pinch wasted cut. It's a classicly slim, not fashion slim. Two button. Side vents. Top stiched notch lapel. Flat front slim trousers. Very versatile.

$900 AUD. I cannot stress enough that it is easilly worth the extra $300 compared to the myrid of $600 suits available in Sydney. I think spending $600 on a lesser suit would be a waste of money.

Head to their store in Woolahra or Chifly Plaza.

In my opinion, Herringbone provide the best value suits available locally in Australia. Their meterial choice and construction is on par with much more expensive suits such as Zegna and Paul Smith.

I like their pinch wasted cut. It's a classicly slim, not fashion slim. Two button. Side vents. Top stiched notch lapel. Flat front slim trousers. Very versatile.

$900 AUD. I cannot stress enough that it is easilly worth the extra $300 compared to the myrid of $600 suits available in Sydney. I think spending $600 on a lesser suit would be a waste of money.

Head to their store in Woolahra or Chifly Plaza.

Hi Corey,

Do you happen to know of any "Full" slim suits around Sydney?

Pref. around $500?

doke- the suits at Calibre and Saba are nice cuts (not quite DH slim though) and are well made. Probably between $650-1000.

i'm also interested in finding some decently priced and made slim suits in melbourne / australia.

im particularly into the single-breasted, single-buttoned, thin lapels, slim & short look ala dior homme and april 77.

any leads for down under?

i don't think you will find dh skinny style in aus at a price range of 500. hell i don't even think they exist in au.

maybe try getting both the jacket and trousers from hare? i'm not sure if you will get a perfect match with the colour and material though. including shipping and proxy fees, it should be close to or under 500.

edit: just checked hare and they are not selling trousers atm. so that option is out.

What about european brands or at least available in Europe, either Paris or London or somewhere in Spain, what do you recomend for a US$1000 max (up to €800)?? Paul Smith maybe?