TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

anything special happening saturday?

theres a book event thingy called word on the street this sunday if ur lookin for sthing to do in the mornin or afternoon

and hali how much are those opening cermony boots(grey midtop) goin for? think if i give enough wear to them the front will kinda bend upwards?

Exempting the cooler places like Sydney's (well, that's about it) retail is fucking awful. I always think the best thing is to do dishes at a restaurant until you can get work on the line in the kitchen. Or similarly, bar back until you start tending yourself.

Yeah, maybe to the bar thing. I'm all dishwashed out from my fuckin summer job though, hah

hali, how much do those rokin boots sydney got in go for? they are mighty nice.
yeah hali, not flood you with questions but how much are the all black f-troupe shoes and the grey low cut rokin shoes?

thanks

and hali how much are those opening cermony boots(grey midtop) goin for? think if i give enough wear to them the front will kinda bend upwards?

no hate, but if i was hali, i'd be real annoyed right now

dus, do ur own fieldwork. shit just dropped.

i'd go to the store and ask stephen or any of the friendly

staff there personally

mint up

stop being so new

k. late.

Is it 18 or 19 here to work barback?

You can be 18. I can't remember if you need smart serve just to back. It depends on the place as well, some places are paranoid and demand it of everyone.

I don't know how I feel about Nuit Blanche. It's definitely a step forward for art and culture in Toronto. But at the same time, the quality of the pieces are never terribly high, and on top of that everyone walking around just treats it like a block party and doesn't care about what they're looking at. The idea of a city wide art happening has a lot of promise but the fact is that not many people actually care about art. They just want to get high and be loud in the street with impunity.

Anyone else thing that Nuit Blanche is going to a shit-show this year? I have a weird feeling that something is going to ruin it. That many people roaming the streets with backpacks full of boxed wine strikes me as ominous.

Eh, maybe, still lookin forward to it though. gramps pretty much summed it up accurately, bunch of wasted people roamin the streets 'till sunrise.. which won't necessarily make for a bad night, just sucks that so much will be overlooked.

And I looked it up and couldn't find the age,thanks for that. Apparently you need smartserve everywhere in ON

not many people actually care about art. They just want to get high and be loud in the street with impunity.

Ya, that's want I was thinking last year when I was dancing amongst a group of hipsters in front of a car wash at 4am.

I already picked up Ratatat tickets for that night. Hopefully the streetcars won't be hectic after the show.

o i c whut u did there...

http://jrsrules.blogspot.com/

O RLY?

You should look in to Tumblr dude. It's a way more robust solution for media blogging compared to Blogger - plus you are instantly connected to a to a network of people doing similar sites with that twitter style social networking jawns.

i didn't see a single piece of art/show/performance piece/anything at nuit blanche last year

i did get absolutely wasted and stay out until sunrise

i am sure that this year will be much the same, although i'm gonna make an effort to see art this year. even though i hate art. and everything.

edit

whos blog is that? i dont get it. those mamiya cameras are fucking badass though

Must cop job in town so that potential new land lord let's us get this apartment. Who would've thought 3 unemployed people might be seen as a risk? May even ask my old job just to say I'm there. I really badly want to live in Toronto, tired of this place.

What's going on this weekend?

ummm any scholarship or shit that'll make u look good that the school sent you? you could pay X month of rent. They wanted credit check n a bunch of shit when my sis wanted to rent

And I looked it up and couldn't find the age,thanks for that. Apparently you need smartserve everywhere in ON

Apparently. A fair amount of the people I worked with at Philthy's didn't have it. If you've already got experience, they'll probably let it slide. The course is one night downtown though.

ummm any scholarship or shit that'll make u look good that the school sent you? you could pay X month of rent. They wanted credit check n a bunch of shit when my sis wanted to rent

Don't have anything like that (I'm the only one still in school), but have offered to pay 2 months rent up front, not just my share. Got a huge tax return last month (hadn't done in four years, woops), wonder if they'd be fine with that.

I don't know how I feel about Nuit Blanche. It's definitely a step forward for art and culture in Toronto. But at the same time, the quality of the pieces are never terribly high, and on top of that everyone walking around just treats it like a block party and doesn't care about what they're looking at. The idea of a city wide art happening has a lot of promise but the fact is that not many people actually care about art. They just want to get high and be loud in the street with impunity.

i think that in either regard this is a giant step forward for toronto. if i was from other cities/states/etc. i would certainly make the trip for either a big art show that spans an entire city (i mean, if i cared that much about independant art), and i would also make the trip to go to a gigantic shitshow of a street party. It's win win.

hopefully i'll actually remember this one.