TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

the new one over @ the states? or is there still one up? elaborate on the meal?

Nope, its where susur used to be. it's called Madeline's, and I think its now run by his head chef or something. They redecorated it so there is flocked crazy-ass wallpaper everywhere and morroccan screens all over the place. I like it actually, it's very different than Susur was.

The dishes are all "sharing plates" and they will lie and tell you to order 3/4 per person, but that was waaaaaaay too much, I'd say get 2/3. The food is all supposed to be an interpretation of French/European stuff. I'd recommend the seared foie gras and the chantereelle mushrooms if you plan on going any time soon. We had a lot of leftovers so I have the best lunch ever today.

ps. its still relatively "new" and ppl haven't all figured out that its there/a susur restaurant so get a reeservation now while you still can.

Nope, its where susur used to be. it's called Madeline's, and I think its now run by his head chef or something.

Naw, it's run by Susur, they took us back to see him and the kitchen, it's pretty mad hectic. He's a ridiculous man.

im a spelling bee chaMP?:P

btw does anyone know who carries accessories by robert geller in toronto?

edit: crap...forgot we're just heading to fall/winter =.=" i didn't see any @ nomad last time i was there :(, will check tnt maybe 2morrow after exams

u don't have to check TNT

they won't get them till like Sep :(

It's susur's restaurant, but he isn't the chef there, he's busy with his new one in nyc.

He says he's "executive chef" at both of them, iirc it was the same way when it was "susur" and "lee", both kitchen are connected and the food all has to pass his inspection, which is hilarious because he's sort of terrifying.

o...guess that means its sleep afterwards then. btw i just found out about this roden gray blog/store kinda thing and they've got the accessories alrdy. anyways they're located in vancouver, and they can ship to toronto. BUT...its gonna cost like 300+ and u won't know how it feels n how heavy it is n crap

oooo the necklace and bracelets are puuuureee sex, it looks like feathers entangled in chain(http://www.rodengray.com/blog/?attachment_id=390)

susur is only terrifying if you work for him. ive met him numerous times and hes pretty laid back. however if you ever get involved with any event hes spearheading or just playing a minor part in, hes totally drunk on his own celebrity.

ps - wheres rathbone?

Anyone know if nomad/delphic/sydneys/tnt have any long sleeve buttonups on sale at the moment? Be it flippa k, lindeburg, boo or any of that for under 150. Trying to decide if it's worth the drive down there or if i should just proxy some stuff from a gilt sale.