TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

i'm gettin' a pair, i just need to figure out what size first.

If you are, could I gett in and split the shipping or something?

that sounds like a great idea to me. i'm using my friends paypal account though, i don't feel like setting one up. i might head to a jays game on sunday i could meet you somewhere to pickup your money if you're down. for insured shipping it'd be about $17 each.

edit: if we don't go insured i don't think we'll have to pay as much (if any) customs. as long as it's sent as a gift.

i fucking hate serato djs, but i will check this out if you PROMISE me it goes beyond mixing 90s hip hop with ironic retro tunes.

if, however, i go and its as bad as i think it will be, you owe me LARGE.

deal?

realistically....it doesn't go much beyond that...

well, that's not true, i mean, its not just like he mashes a 90s hiphop song with an elton john song and lets it play...there are so many fucking levels to his music its insane. and additionally, this show is in no way about a musician...it is about getting absolutely fucked out of your mind and dancing until your heart explodes.

plus dan deacon will be there, and he's exciting.

drug addled girl talk sufu meetup?

im torn tho, cuz boys noize is at the social on the same night, and i really like boys noize

but.. girl talk... i dont know what to do

and nesk.. you pretty much just summed up girl talk in a sentence, but he is pretty much the best doing it right now.. he puts on a hell of a show either way

i like rat-a-tat too

but yea wouldnt girl talk just be like... him up there with his mac (probably)

just like in itunes playing the songs that he previously made

cause i doubt he'd sit up there and try to do it all over again from the start, right?

but yea itd be a good show cause he does have some bomb tunes, definately one to dance yur drunk ass off to

i'm sooooo fucking stoked.

Too bads you're not 19.

ratatat are amazing, i believe they actually perform the instrumentals.

I havn't seen them yet but their live sets sound/look like they rock pretty hard over a drum machine.

girl talk is only cool (well from what ive seen) in a small club, my friend saw him in ottawa right before that montreal video was taken and it ended up in everyone in the venue rushing the stage and going nuts, which seemed to be the case with every show ive heard about him playing

anyways, im going, and it will be fantastic

chromeo kinda really suck though, and $15 is a significant amount of money, i will be staying home and watching jeopardy during that one

its at the pheonix september 12

just putting it out there, come september im gonna be living at bloor and sherbourne, about a 5 minute walk from the venue, so if a bunch of you cats end up going we could potentially party at my place beforehand...

i love girl talk.. but damn.. boys noize... thats a tough decision.

roll call.. whos at chromeo and flosstradamus!!! tomorrow? and possibly aaron lacrate at footwork on saturday?

1.outty a.k.a kyle (chromeo and lacrate)