TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

so im going to the mod club next saturday for a friends birthday they're getting limos down n shit but since its the tattoo expo on n whatnot me n the girlfriend figured we'd get a room somewhere down there for the night.

anyone know of any reasonably priced hotels around the mod club you could recommend? im not worried about it being close to the tat expo cause i'll drive and park for free around it

how much would i be looking for for a night?

and do you NEED a credit card/have to be a certain age to get a hotel room? a girl usually plans and books this all for us haha

i guess its a dumb question asking in a TORONTO thread. but someone may know

im checking expedia now

oh also, any better sites for hotels than expedia?

thanks

i dunno, the 8th...so apparently friday yes. and why are you leaving as soon as born ruffians are done?

hit up the primrose for a decent room, 2 queen beds, microwave, clean....it cost us like 80 bucks or something for a night, or maybe it was 120, we were hammered. on jarvis street.

who cares, stripclubs are fun to hitup with friends, but i cant be bothered to get alot of dances and shit. i feel like im being hustled.

i dont really like paying for blue balls.. which location of whisky a-go-go are u referring to, i heard theres a couple?

also if ur ever in K-W, check out Roxxannes, great lil place, pretty nice girls, amatuer night mondays so u get to see all the little college bitches earn their tuition.

1st place girl gets $1000, 3rd place gets a dildo..

i know a guy who specficially used to date only strippers. he used to pickup at certain stripclubs, be-friending the DJ, then chatting up the strippers as if they were (GASP) real people

homi29.. where in K-W is this place.. ?? anywhere near UW?

Any of you guys go to clubs? I need somewhere with a good crowd, but not too old either. Like not many 905ers, wannabe thugs, or old men. Is that possible in this city? Any city? I just want get drunk and dance like an idiot without much hassle.

despite the fact that its comprised almost entirely of 905ers (which i'm a little offended to hear the presence of turns you off of a club :P) there's a bar in hamilton called absinthe where i've spent half of my drinking career. Wednesday nights are all motown in the basement, usually with a live band playing upstairs, or someone spinning some 80s or something. Saturdays 2 Djs from McMaster spin in the basement, a show they call I Say Disco/You Say Punk, and its a pretty good variety of awesome dancy music (everything from the rapture to ODB to Daft Punk to New Order). Everyone gets fucked out of their minds and dances like a retard 'cuz everyone else is and no one gives a shit.

www.clubabsinthe.ca

www.myspace.com/stabcityhamilton

Any of you guys go to clubs? I need somewhere with a good crowd, but not too old either. Like not many 905ers, wannabe thugs, or old men. Is that possible in this city? Any city? I just want get drunk and dance like an idiot without much hassle.

go to The Social, queen and dovercourt

wide variety of people and pints of 50 are 3.50, ALL THE TIME

does anyone know when the last GO bus or train from toronto leaves on friday nights? i plan on getting absolutely piss drunk at the jr. boys show and i dont have a place in the city to stay sooo...help?

im trying to find some nice vintage pickups. I never had the patience before to dig through stores, but i figure i might as well start now

what are the best vintage shops in the city?

the only one i visit semi-reguarly is black market, and its meh

60& off what?... everything?... on till...?

what type'a shits on sale

AND...

who knew about the C&C, 10 Deep, Artful Dodger sample sale that happend this past saturday?!

(and didnt tell me)

yeah i was at it, and dont worry it was pretty shit

tees were $25, and hoodies were $80 or 100..

there was no 10 deep in sight, only thing alright was lamar and dualey but limited sizes and prices were nothing special

about vintage shops ive been through kensington but didnt really take my time, ill go again this weekend. Ive found some okay stuff at value village before, like old north faces and shit, any particular location in the GTA better than the rest?

i can't think of anything id want to get at Holts besides dior jeans... anything else worth getting??

i just got a pair of sammys so fuck paying US retail for limited selection in diors

in toronto

shitty buzz...work on that

we found a hostel like 2 km from club soda for a whopping 16 dollars a night

do you have any idea how dirty it's gonna be...

the jazz fest line-up is insane btw, withing 24 hours, there's 4 concerts i wanna go to, girl talk and ghyslain poirier, manu chao, amon tobin and the coup....

do you have any idea how dirty it's gonna be...

the jazz fest line-up is insane btw, withing 24 hours, there's 4 concerts i wanna go to, girl talk and ghyslain poirier, manu chao, amon tobin and the coup....

Man let's go to Amon Tobin, how much are the tickets?