TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

Guest junior8k

The company's distributor is located in forest hill. Called agency one. They have retrosuperfutures and if you ask nicely they'll sell you a pair for 50$.

Hey friends, let me throw in my 2 cents on the ever relevant topic of tailors in Toronto. I found this guy through styleforum, and he is really great:

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/xavier-custom-tailors-toronto

I'm not expert on this kind of thing, but he transformed this boxy APC suit I got off ebay into an ultra-chic looking couple of garments. Nice guy too. I paid $200 to get my pants tapered and hemmed, and my jacket's sleeves to shortened and tapered as well, as well as bringing the body in and shortened it as well. So 6 procedures, and it looks fresh as hell.

The company's distributor is located in forest hill. Called agency one. They have retrosuperfutures and if you ask nicely they'll sell you a pair for 50$.

just googled them, is it agencyone.ca ? under the brands tab i dont see retrosuperfuture anywhere, and if they do have em do i just shoot them an email with an inquiry hoping they will sell to me? thanks ahead junior.

Guest junior8k
just googled them, is it agencyone.ca ? under the brands tab i dont see retrosuperfuture anywhere, and if they do have em do i just shoot them an email with an inquiry hoping they will sell to me? thanks ahead junior.

My bad, I meant c2 apparel. http://www.c2apparel.com/page/super

I'd call and see if you could come in and try them/ buy a pair.

Guest junior8k

Why don't we say something tentative like next friday at noon at the pilot on cumberland? Or sunday the 20th at guu or something?

Guest junior8k
I can say with certainty that that weekend won't work for me, and at least three other members, haha

Then a different time / during the week / suggest something.

Arcade Fire are doing a secret show this Friday at the Danforth Music Hall. Tickets are door only so you are going to have to line up if you want to see them... which is why I am passing.

Lineup or overpay on craigslist. I'm unlikely to do either.

The only time I've seen the Arcade Fire it was the Underground in Hamilton right around the time Funeral came out. These two CWGs followed me there from my high school. They were super annoying and embarrassing to be with, though I am the type of person to be amused by the irony of that particular situation. Eventually they tried to get the band to sign their (small) tits with a ball point pen, which they refused, so they got me to do it so they could say they had gotten the band's autograph.

Guest junior8k

Meh, Arcade Fire's coming back in August, might as well see them there and get regular price tickets on ticketmaster. CWGs at both, I'm sure.