show me your clarks!

sexasomniac

sorry for the dumb question. i'm going to continue to feed my weaver addiction and order another pair but i'm a little confused on size conversion. i wear a us 8. according to the chart here:

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

a mens us 8 = 25.7cm. on most of the japanese sites i might be ordering from sizes are in cm with both 25.5 and 26 being options. which one equates to a us 8?

in addition to the size question, are these brown leather versions:

weaver_20333255_f.jpg

the same as these (found at hanon)

COFH4MI-01.jpg

the ones at hanon seem to have a redder hue to them. i wasn't sure if they were the same leather color but maybe shot in different lighting situations.

alleyoop, can't help you out on the size conversion but I'd say yes both those brown leather joints are the same.

Probably just different lighting conditions as you said. Also, it can be hard to uniformly dye leather so that too could account for slight differences.

thanks for the input. it's a shame cuz i rather liked the "browner" look of the first pair.

I'm hoping that they'll do a tan antique pair soon....such a beautiful colour.

another shot of the tan leather weavers from clarks website:

20333255_A_p.jpg

looks different once again.

damn! very nice! it looks like more of a smooth leather vs. the textured leather in the samples i posted. which clarks site? us? uk?

*edit* nevermind. found it on the uk site. anyone willing to proxy for me? :)

yep i have the brown suede ones on the way from hanon. i am sorely tempted by the other two pairs. aren't you wearing the leather ones in your denim WAYWT post? or is that a vintage pair?

Yup. I got the brown leather ones from hanon. They're a little redder in color and there's def a texture to them. I like the subtle variety of the other ones as well.

My dog ate the laces out of my beeswax desert boots. anyone know where I can find a good match to replace them?

just call the clark's customer service line. I broke a shoelace a week ago on my desert treks and they're sending my a new pair for free!

Anyone seen White leather desert boots ? any uk heads

if you haven't got them yet, you can get them here. http://www.asos.com/Clarks-Originals/Clarks-Originals-Leather-Desert-Boots/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=555644&SearchQuery=clarks&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=White

Shopping costs are pretty cheap, but when you're paying in us dollar it might be a bit expensive.

just got my chocolate pair from hanon - they exceeded my expectations. what an awesome shoe. they are definitely slipper-like in their comfort.

they do run about 1/2 size large i would say. i got the US 11 which is my true size, and would probably have done better with a 1/2 size smaller.

i am psyched though, they are super super soft.

going to be tough not to pull the trigger on the sand ones, though I imagine i will in the end.